Free Jump for AI's [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 15:39

How would you get a hundred messages at once? Do you have no money at all and a hundred ships trying to jump? :?

I do use the less-cheatery version myself. The economy-booster was fun for a while, but it is really too much. And the game doesn't need economy-boosting help if you do your job right (especially with Mk3 Improvement or OK Traders).

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 16:04

DrBullwinkle wrote:How would you get a hundred messages at once? Do you have no money at all and a hundred ships trying to jump? :?

I do use the less-cheatery version myself. The economy-booster was fun for a while, but it is really too much. And the game doesn't need economy-boosting help if you do your job right (especially with Mk3 Improvement or OK Traders).
Not sure why I got so many messages. I started a new game and before I did anything I started getting the messages and losing money.

Took awhile to figure it out because I actually loaded up the script in the middle of another game and had no problem with it , at least no spammy messages (I had about 6 hundred million credits and factories selling items so I wouldn't have noticed if I lost a few hundred here and there).

I'll just use the less cheatery one and I wanted to try OK traders anyway.

foxtrot76

Post by foxtrot76 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 20:38

Fenris321 wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote:How would you get a hundred messages at once? Do you have no money at all and a hundred ships trying to jump? :?

Not sure why I got so many messages. I started a new game and before I did anything I started getting the messages and losing money.

Took awhile to figure it out because I actually loaded up the script in the middle of another game and had no problem with it , at least no spammy messages (I had about 6 hundred million credits and factories selling items so I wouldn't have noticed if I lost a few hundred here and there).

I'll just use the less cheatery one and I wanted to try OK traders anyway.
Yeah got the same thing every time I start a new game with this script enabled.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 22:38

Interesting. I do not know what could possibly cause that. It should only run on player-owned ships.

I suppose the solution is to not turn it on until later in the game. Like when you have UT's. Free Jump for AI's is not needed until then.

Or use the Less-Cheatery version. I am pretty sure that I have started new games with it, and have never had a problem.

foxtrot76

Post by foxtrot76 » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 23:37

DrBullwinkle wrote:Interesting. I do not know what could possibly cause that. It should only run on player-owned ships.

I suppose the solution is to not turn it on until later in the game. Like when you have UT's. Free Jump for AI's is not needed until then.

Or use the Less-Cheatery version. I am pretty sure that I have started new games with it, and have never had a problem.
Tried loading it during a game and watched my cash carefully and stopped all my traders. Money got taken from my account as if aprox 10-15 traders where jumping. With the less cheatery version don't have this issue at all.
Would a solution be to remove jump cost completely so as to avoid having to hunt down this bug?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 23:43

A better solution is probably to use the Less-Cheatery Edition.

The Economy-Booster Edition was really a bug which turned out to have a sometimes-beneficial effect. But it is probably too much of a good thing, so I do not use it anymore.

If I get enough reports of people wanting a fix for the Economy-Boosting Edition, then I will look into it.

EDIT: Do you prefer the Economy-Booster Edition? If so, why?

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 18:55

What happens with fighter wingmen? Do they freejump whenever targeted by an enemy too, instead of engaging them, as they should? Or is the freejump-system limited to trader-vessels, with on top of that the freejump possibility for the player ship?

With this in mind, would it be possible to alter a few things to remedy another downside of the vanilla game? Let me explain...

Starting a new game, it takes a long time before being able to acquire a capital ship for yourself. Until then, and if you don't want to restrict yourself to only trading, it makes sense to go about your bussiness in a fighter, preferrably an M3. This gives you some level of security and, even more important, speed! It is a very nice and handy aspect of the game to be able to have wingmen, but, and here comes the downside part, it's a real pain in the a** to get them stocked with e-cells everytime after jumping. You get tired of this really fast, imo. The idea of jumping is to get around the galaxy fast, not having to wait until your wingmen catch up with you through normal flight, happily flying through Xenon-sectors you yourself jumped 'over'. That's just plain stupid!

So, I believe either there should be a seperate cargo hold on all ships for e-cells, that should on top of that also be very tiny so your average fighter could even carry thousands, or jumping shouldn't be dependent on a ware at all. Hell, why not just burn cash ;-) So, a free (as in no ware needed) jump system sure is nice to have.

In short, could the script be altered so that any player owned (off course) ships following you jump with you for free as well?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 20:10

I tend to agree with you about energy cells for jumping. Early in your first game, it is fun to have to supply ships with energy cells. It remains fun for a while... maybe the first hundred hours or two? After that, energy cells for jumping becomes more tedious than fun.

I expect that Free Jump for AI's will NOT work as you wish on fighter wingmen. Current versions only allow free jumps when the ship is targeted by an enemy.

Also, to clarify, Free Jump for AI's does not *cause* the ship to jump. It only *allows* the ship to jump, regardless of whether it has energy cells. The ship must already intend to jump. Therefore, it will not ordinarily affect fighters.

A better solution for your wingmen may be Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2.06 and above, which has been modified to work on all ships.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:23

Thx for the fast reply and the clarification ;-) I'm pretty sure we're not alone in this way of thinking (concerning energy/jumping).

I will surely give CSecG a try.

Keep up the gr8 work!

Edit: CSecG works gr8. Thx again DrB. ;-)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 02:32

Original code used with permission (belatedly). 8)

Looks great. If I ever start playing again it's on my list of "must have" scripts.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 03:18

Excellent, thanks.

Great to see you around, Graxster!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”