A (the only?) benefit of PMC military license (+20)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MAUCorp
x3tc

A (the only?) benefit of PMC military license (+20)

Post by MAUCorp » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 14:02

Got round to getting one in my new 2.5 plot start and was a little surprised to find hacker chips now legal in my inventory. Yet beholders and trojans are still illegal? I'm hoping someone from Egosoft can enlighten me as to whether this is intended?

EDIT: It just occured to me I guess maybe carrying trojans and beholders won't get me stopped; their just illegal to maintain the tension of hacking minigame?

EDIT2: Actually I've just realised the hacker chips weren't illegal cause I wasn't in Plutarch space. Which makes me wonder what it the point of the military license?

Namyboy
x4

Post by Namyboy » Thu, 30. Oct 14, 05:29

Should be like in the last games. Whit the license u will get reward for killing pirates in theyr system not alot but 2k here 5k there not much if u ask me.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 04:17

You get credits (a useless amount by the time you get to that high of a rep) for killing enemies. Up to around 5k. Those small red civ crafts give you like 500 credits.

Trojans/Beholders are only illegal IF they scan the drone in flight.

There's probably a military license-only quest offered, I've only seen police license quests where you scan a bunch of ships.

vladi8505
xr

Post by vladi8505 » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 07:47

They should give us special type of missions with high risk/reward when we buy them:)or when we remove threats from they're station to give us comissions,discounts,bonus ware or event a small ship depend of the threat we removed:)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 22:01

Always said it's a missed opportunity, the Shipyards make a Military Fleet and with the Military License you get to take part in battles with the fleet you have the license with.

Argon you get a battle with a large fleet of Xenon for mega bucks because the battle requires the Argon fleet to be built first, which gives the Shipyard a sink for it to dry up it's resources before this special mission is unlocked.

So they don't come very often but when they do you get a massive reward on completion.

With PMC you get to fight against HoA, Republic of Cantera or Xenon fleets or vice versa?
Choose your loyalty or find another mission that loads up against a foe you want to destroy?

Any fail safes like a limited time to accept these missions before the battle goes on without you.
Losers get destroyed, shipyards build more ships for the next big fleet battle.
The winners jump out of the scene and return to the pool to recoop what it's lost.
The cycle continues again.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Hardie
x4

Post by Hardie » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 11:35

in older games it made sense, you needed a good rep to buy battle ships but in rebirth its funny i guess.
i started my game in OL after a while i got enough money and was going to buy an arawn (i like the design). I was in the zone when i saw i have illegal wares in my inventory. At last illegal for HoA. My rep is 0 with HoA so i couldn't buy any licenses, but i had no problems buying an arawn? Shouldn't you only be able to buy those if you have the military license? They let you build an armada of battleships so you can repel them after a scan revealed you have a spacefly in your inventory?
I7 6700k, 16gb @1333Mhz, Geforce GTX 980 TI

ps: please excuse my english

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”