Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 21:59

Raaaak wrote:It's the same software and the same command. The only difference is how the ship reacts to the order.
Cool, I did wonder if that's how it'd changed. I've built my station and was about to try exactly that! :)

Thanks,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 00:49

Here's an oddity:

I'm sat in "Unknown Sector Epsilon" which has a LOT of asteroids. I order my docked Kestrel to "Scan Asteroids" and, rather than starting the scan in this sector, it flies EAST docks at a station in New income, then scans the 'roids in New income, before heading SOUTH. Basically it ignore the Sector I actually want to scan.

Now, this sector has always been a little glitchy in Vanilla as ships seem to have issues pathing though it. I.e. A ship asked to go from Montalaar (to the west of this sector) to New Income (to the east of this sector) would often fly all the way around, so, Monalaar > (S) > Rolk's Legacy > (E) > Great Trench > (E) > Ceo's Doubt > (N) New Income - all rather than just going through Unknown Sector Epsilon (or Avarace as it is in vanilla). So, I don't think this is necessarily an LU bug.

Note: I've scanned other Sectors without issue, though I did start my prior Scan in Weavers Tempest, so there's not really many options from that sector.

Anyway, just an observation, I wonder if anyone else has had issues scanning a specific sector? Ideally, I want to JUST scan the sector I say, not have the ship renamed and go all "Galaxy Scanner" on me lol.

Scoob.

Undesirable
x3tc

Post by Undesirable » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 02:28

You probably only need to manually scan 1 or 2 asteroids in there to find huge yields that will serve you for the entire game.
Spoiler
Show
Move asteroids with the Plutarch Tractor Beam to Akeela's Beacon and set up Saturn Complex Hubs there to maximise profit (suns are 500%, which means less Solar Power Plants required).
Another way around it that might work is to plant a satellite or your own cheap station in the system you want to scan.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 02:49

@scoob: Try marine training and repairs by bullwinkle. I is his version of marine repairs and comes with a lot of costumization includding.....

drummroll

the ability for your marines to use resources instead of money for the repairs.

just fyi
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

bendead
x4

Post by bendead » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 08:08

Hi guys

I have a problem with LU courier command.

After I am building a couple of factories, I can't use it anymore and this is what happens when I open it from the trade menu. here's a screenshot of it :

- Before

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bnfi ... /002LU.jpg

- After

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s15i ... /001LU.jpg

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 14:06

kaistern wrote:@scoob: Try marine training and repairs by bullwinkle. I is his version of marine repairs and comes with a lot of costumization includding.....

drummroll

just fyi
Hi, Yes, I was originally using an earlier version of of that but was trying to stay Vanilla LU this time around so Litcube would talk to me lol. Might run another instance modded again and have a play.

@Undesirable: Yeah, I'm aware there are a few epically high-yield 'roids in certain places, interestingly in a Sector I CAN scan just fine. Was just wondering what was in this sector.

I'm not really in to the whole SCH thing, maybe when I'm totally minted I will be. What I do is generally create little profit making complexes that still need some external resources. They basically stimulate the local eco creating further demand, which is cool. However, Station Agents etc. are not quite as flexible as Commodity and Logistics Software when it comes to managing Intermediate wares - though I've not tried since v1.3.4.

My traditional money making complex in multiple modded and vanilla games has been:

1) Ore Mine
2) Silicon Mine added
3) Tractor and add additional Ore mines if I'm constantly sold out of Ore
4) Once I produce more Ore than I can sell:
5) Add IRE/Mosquito(Chaff)/1mj Shield Factories
6) Set up to SELL Intermediate ware Ore - this is the bit LU struggled with

Basically I go on from there, I even used ships to BUY Ore for me if they saw it at the 50cr base price, unload it at my complex to in-turn be sold at 200cr+ - this was often a good substitute for adding additional Ore mines.

This Complex, with many ships assigned, would basically fun whatever activities I wanted to do in-game. As I BUY a lot of Meatsteaks, this does stimulate Cahoona Bakery and Cattle Ranches to produce, which consumes EC's that one of my SPP's meets the demand for :)

This play through of LU though I'm going UT as that seems to be the general advice here for profit making.

Scoob.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 15:20

Scoob wrote:
kaistern wrote:@scoob: Try marine training and repairs by bullwinkle. I is his version of marine repairs and comes with a lot of costumization includding.....

drummroll

just fyi
Hi, Yes, I was originally using an earlier version of of that but was trying to stay Vanilla LU this time around so Litcube would talk to me lol. Might run another instance modded again and have a play.

@Undesirable: Yeah, I'm aware there are a few epically high-yield 'roids in certain places, interestingly in a Sector I CAN scan just fine. Was just wondering what was in this sector.

I'm not really in to the whole SCH thing, maybe when I'm totally minted I will be. What I do is generally create little profit making complexes that still need some external resources. They basically stimulate the local eco creating further demand, which is cool. However, Station Agents etc. are not quite as flexible as Commodity and Logistics Software when it comes to managing Intermediate wares - though I've not tried since v1.3.4.

My traditional money making complex in multiple modded and vanilla games has been:

1) Ore Mine
2) Silicon Mine added
3) Tractor and add additional Ore mines if I'm constantly sold out of Ore
4) Once I produce more Ore than I can sell:
5) Add IRE/Mosquito(Chaff)/1mj Shield Factories
6) Set up to SELL Intermediate ware Ore - this is the bit LU struggled with

Basically I go on from there, I even used ships to BUY Ore for me if they saw it at the 50cr base price, unload it at my complex to in-turn be sold at 200cr+ - this was often a good substitute for adding additional Ore mines.

This Complex, with many ships assigned, would basically fun whatever activities I wanted to do in-game. As I BUY a lot of Meatsteaks, this does stimulate Cahoona Bakery and Cattle Ranches to produce, which consumes EC's that one of my SPP's meets the demand for :)

This play through of LU though I'm going UT as that seems to be the general advice here for profit making.

Scoob.
If you're fairly early in the game, go look for used ships to buy, fix and sell. That's a pretty good moneymaker, especially if you find one of those new military freighters (Bragi, Drake, Orinoco, Lotan, Nexus SF or Sturgeon), as they can easily sell for up to 12-15 million. They also make good loot vessels, due to their speed, armament and heavy shields, which makes them capable of fending off the occational nosy pirate.

In my latest game I'm about two days in, I've got a TP, a Pirate Kestrel someone was nice enough to leave behind, a Bragi and four UTs, and I just broke the 100 million mark. The UTs have snatched a few good deals, but my main source of income has been to run around looking for used ships I can fix and sell.

Sure, it depends a bit on your luck with the RNG gods, but when you manage to land a Drake for 1.5 million and know you can sell it for close to 15 million later on it is, at least in my opinion, worth the hassle.

Now I'm just grinding rep to get my hands on a TL, then I'm probably gonna blow a good chunk of those 100 million on factories to fund my battle against the OCV.

Edit: The traditional moneymakers, such as microchips, 1 MJ shields, weed and booze still makes tons of money, you just can't have it as early as in vanilla AP. Because challenges, investment and stuff :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 16:22

That's pretty much what I've been doing Zaitsev. I've had a ship I use to store any loot I've collected from the (currently very low) drops from combat. Made a fair few million just from that. I also claim any bailed ships I find & repair them keeping "good" TS's for UT's. I do the same for any good 2nd hand deals.

Not been playing that long, but already have five busy UT's, all but one level 25, a couple of Kestrels - one exploring (done) and one manually planting Adv. Nav Sats, a loot collecting ship and a Morrigu M6 I found bailed. Plus I just bought an Argon Trading Station as a base, so the selling of loot is largely automated via yet another TS I got from an NPC bail. I'm hoarding anything I deem useful.

Got about 75 million cr in total now, plus about another 30 in ships parked at a shipyard waiting to sell. I spend most of my time in my TM Magnetar I got 2nd hand for 1.5 million. Interestingly, well for me, is that I'm yet to fire a shot other than the repair laser. So, very much playing the "commander" role with AI handling ALL fighting for me. Quite a challenge as it means I can't rely on the players superiority to get out of sticky combat situations, the AI has to deal with it. This means I MUST ensure the odds are in my favour and run away if not.

I do plan to create some stations for profit, though equally I've not the assets to defend them currently. My Trading Station is in Home of Light, so protected from Pirates and Xenon, but I need to be aware of Phanon of course, as they can send fleets to attack and will be ignored by my Argon allies. As an aside, I think the Argon SHOULD help me as I'm allies with them. I.e. same behaviour AI's have to the player if they start trouble.

Anyway, off to have a play now, might buy me a TL or wait until I have the rep for an M7 to protect my assets :)

Scoob.

jacare
x3ap

Expor/Import

Post by jacare » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 20:38

Sorry, I don´t understand:

If EI is required:

Install EI Download (if you don't have latest EI installed)-- Installed
Export--- How can I do this?

Install latest LU Patch Download
If they were updated, install other LU packages as well (such as the GUI package)
Import---And this?

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: Expor/Import

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 21:21

jacare wrote:Export--- How can I do this?
Bind player console hotkey > Export empire (it creates a file with the state of your game and your assets are saved)
jacare wrote:Import---And this?
Start a new game > Import start (it loads the file and restores the gameworld)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 22:28

@jacare

Before you export your empire always check this page - https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... nge_Log_EI

Download the latest version and install it into you X3AP base folder.

Then use the export function of the game.

Patch the game to the newest version and run it.

Select new game and the Damyath Import Start.

Wait for the game to be set up from the export file you created earlier.

Hope this helps

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 23:03

what are people's opinions on not all M7M's being able to launch boarding pods?

I always loved the look of the Minotaur (ever since the trailer released by Ego) but it seems the Argon's only pod launcher is the Phantom M6.

edit: I appreciate the Minotaur is balanced by being the cheapest M7M :)

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 23:12

Coruskane wrote:what are people's opinions on not all M7M's being able to launch boarding pods?

I always loved the look of the Minotaur (ever since the trailer released by Ego) but it seems the Argon's only pod launcher is the Phantom M6.

edit: I appreciate the Minotaur is balanced by being the cheapest M7M :)
litcube feels that by not having all M7Ms being able to fire boarding pods then it makes you have to choose what you REALLY want. Or something like that.
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Undesirable
x3tc

Post by Undesirable » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 23:32

kaistern wrote:litcube feels that by not having all M7Ms being able to fire boarding pods then it makes you have to choose what you REALLY want. Or something like that.
But now the Gannet's the only choice. :P

crazy0152
x4

Post by crazy0152 » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 23:41

Hello again,

So i have a problem with one of my freighters, I doesn't want to load energy cells from my energy SCH, but has no problems with the other wares it collects from my other SCH's.

It seems this problem is only with the one MLCC dock (Far Base Alpha) collecting energy cells. The freighter loads up its jump fuel just fine but doesn't load any more.

Is there something i've done wrong with it as my other MLCC dock does just fine.

Uploaded save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_au8T ... sp=sharing

Cheers

Crazy

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 01:17

Undesirable wrote:
kaistern wrote:litcube feels that by not having all M7Ms being able to fire boarding pods then it makes you have to choose what you REALLY want. Or something like that.
But now the Gannet's the only choice. :P
There is a nice spread of capabilities in the M7M's. Minotaur is cheap. Aquilo very powerful. Ares has pods etc. In vanilla, they were virtually indistinguishable.

I suppose I can still use my Minotaurs for effective cheap force multipliers (a fully equipped Minotaur costs <50M before missiles) for my fleet but have a different race M7M for my boarding assaults.

I used to stick to mainly one of the main 'alliances' in a playthrough (Boron/Argon, Split/Nids, Terran/ATF), but since they are all happy families now there is no particular 'lore' reason not to have a mixed alliance fleet.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 01:54

bendead wrote:Hi guys

I have a problem with LU courier command.

After I am building a couple of factories, I can't use it anymore and this is what happens when I open it from the trade menu. here's a screenshot of it :

- Before

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bnfi ... /002LU.jpg

- After

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s15i ... /001LU.jpg

For one thing, update your GUI package. It won't solve your non-LUV problem, but it will clean up the GUI for you.

Thechosenone92
x3ap

Post by Thechosenone92 » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 03:45

Hello, in the wiki under "Explorer Command Software" it reads:
Deploy Satellite Network

The ship will place a configurable array of satellites within known sectors. When the definable number of stored satellites are used up, it will purchase fresh satellites and recommence placement.
I have looked everywhere i can think of and cannot find a option to define how many satellites a ship should should keep. Is this not yet implemented?

bendead
x4

Post by bendead » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 04:06

Hi Litcube

I did it, reinstalled the GUI again but still the same problem.

If you want, you can take a look at my save, it would be great

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NZCH ... sp=sharing

Cheers

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 05:13

This looks incredible. What a testament to how wonderful the X3 games are, and the dedication of the modding community. I'm clicking through the Features list on the wiki, wishing nothing more than that I was home with my gaming rig, able to take full advantage of this.

One question--about the beta soundtrack. Is there any way to pick this up? Encourage it to fall off the back of the truck? I'm just saying if it anonymously ended up in my e-mail inbox, I wouldn't tell the cops.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”