[SCRIPT] X3 AP 1.0 : Race Relations Setup 1.1 dd 02-01-2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

[SCRIPT] X3 AP 1.0 : Race Relations Setup 1.1 dd 02-01-2012

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 00:39

This will change the relations between the races in a vital way:

Argon, Boron, Teladi, Split and Paranid will hate ATF & Terran
ATF & Terran will hate Argon, Boron, Teladi, Split and Paranid
Pirates will hate everyone except Teladi
Yaki will hate everyone except Teladi
All races except Teladi will hate Pirates and Yaki
and last but not least since Argon, Boron, Teladi, Paranid and Split joined forces in X3 AP i made them also friends of each other.

No more battles where Argon forces battle Terran forces and Teladi forces just standby and think.. yesssss .. profitttssss
No more pirates neutral to all other races

No, this will mean war .. bloody and relentless.

The main script was developed by the XTC team to sort their races
in their XTC Mod and full credit for the main script therefore goes to them. I hope i'm not breaking any rules by uploading this, its my understanding that with giving full credits it shouldnt be a problem
also as it is just one scriptfile which i edited

This script is easily adjustable ingame or with help of exscripter
so if you wanna change certain setting you can.

The script is best used in combination with MarCon Ind : ship onboard computer system interface : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 29#3138529

When you installed MarCon scripts and added a hotkey in your controls
- interface - extensions part go to his diplomacy division part and check the diplomatic relations viewer. This will let you see the current relations between races. Just select 'add all' and press 'search now'

I suggest you do this once before installing my script and once after so you can see the differences.

Also Gazz's Numeric Race Rank Titles script works perfectly with this,
you can find it here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218742

All my scripts / Mod you see at my signature can be found here :
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fae3da27 ... F440%21105

Alternative download links:

My scripts (one setup script for the hotkey and the main script) can be downloaded here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?9c46pazj38fxs8y
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c1b2a96 ... up_1.1.rar
http://uploading.com/files/5a9dm86c/Rac ... 2B1.1.rar/

Just unrar with winrar and put the two xml files in your scripts folder inside yr addon folder of X3 AP. You will find a hotkey in your controls
- interface - extensions part named Race Relation Setup. Just bind a key to it and yr good to go. I added a lil sound to it so you know if its working or not.

note : if yr updating from my first script to scriptversion 1.1 pls install this script in a save which hasnt enabled this script yet. See post 2 for more details about the why.

Warning : this script can only be activated once in a save game !!

Have fun,

qwizzie
Last edited by qwizzie on Sat, 18. Aug 12, 17:23, edited 4 times in total.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 23:15

** reserved **

update history

02-01-2012 : added download links which updates scriptversion to 1.1 fixing following relations :

- Teladi to Split : changed from neutral to friend
- ATF to Yaki : changed from dislike to hate

Pls re-download script and install as described at first post.

Note : the main script can only be used once in a savegame, which means that the hotkey can also only be used once.

Please use a save file which hasnt activated this script yet to get the hotkey and applied changes of scriptversion 1.1 to work. Simply overwriting the scriptfile with version 1.1 wont apply the changes unfortunetely. Sorry about that.

01-01-2012 : created scriptpost and added download links voor scriptversion 1.0

SBDeadly

Post by SBDeadly » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 03:56

Thanks for this. I did notice something a bit strange after initial install. I seen a few Argon ships show red in a sector where most are friendly. Also saw Argon's going after a paranid ship which showed red to us. Race relations shows them as friendly. Its as if a few ships had contraban. Haven't noticed any recoccurance after running it for a few hours since then.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 10:21

thanks for yr reply SBDeadly, i plan to do some testing this week myself.
I'm mostly curious about how setting the pirates relations towards other races from neutral to hate impacts the game and if commonwealth races get more involved against Terran forces in the battles and vica versa.
(so not just Terran against Argon)

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 09:17

I like your script. I personally changed it so Paranid/Argon are at war.
Paranid/Split alliance.

Argon/Boron Alliance.
Boron/Split war.

It makes it a little more chaotic and forces some interesting decisions ;)

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 10:31

good to see it works, i havent got around to testing it much myself but i plan to give myself some playing time this weekend.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 01:18

qwizzie the hotkey setup script is not appearing in the controls interface.

I am use X3AP 2.5.1 and XRM v1.24

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 12:29

pls make sure you have extracted the two xml files into the scripts folder inside your addon folder. Pls verify they are there.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 13:20

Both files are in the scripts folder in addon folder the script apperares in the script commands but not the hotkey script

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 17:14

few things you can check :

- pls try it in a new game, still no hotkey in yr controls --> interface --> extensions (lower part of the screen) named ''Race Relations Setup'' ?

- check if you installed latest stable Plugin Manager from Cycrow and thats its set to modified (it has an internal scriptlibrary called ''Hotkey Manager''
and i wanna make sure its enabled).

- if above fails try to run the script ''Race Relations Setup'' ingame with help of the script editor.

Enter the menu to change your pilot's name into Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) and press enter. The menu will close, your player name will NOT have been changed, and a confirmation beep will sound on correct activation. You will now find the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console. Search for the script Race Relations Setup and once found run it by pressing r

If all goes well you will hear a sound confirmation which means the script is running.

I'm also running X3 AP 2.5.1 with a somewhat tweaked XRM 1.24 and i have no problems with the hotkey.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 18:07

I have done everything you have said and the hotkey has know appeared but does not work, I can change the relations from the script editor, but not use the hotkey.

I have installed plugin manager v1.47 and it has hotkey manager v1.21.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 18:14

If I delete setup.race.relations.xml script and just change race.relations.setup script to the way I want the relations will that work ok.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 18:54

sure, just run it ingame with the scripteditor as i described.
When you hear a distinctive sound you know it worked.
Remember you can only use it once !!

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 20:49

Anyone know if this script is compatible with AP3.1?

I get the hotkey option in my controls, bind a key, press it, but then nothing happens
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 21:59

pudderf wrote:Anyone know if this script is compatible with AP3.1?

I get the hotkey option in my controls, bind a key, press it, but then nothing happens
Thats weird, i just tried it in my X3 AP3.1 and i definetely hear the sound
which indicates its running.

try it on a new game just in case.. for testing purpose.

remember : it can only be pressed once, and you will hear a loud sound indicating its running.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 11:17

Also note that hotkeys only work when being in space (i.e. when you're not docked to a station).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 17:36

Got it working cheers :wink:

I've been playing around with the relations to try and spice the universe up a bit (turning everyone to "foe", even themselves, was sure fun to watch :D )

How does adjusting the relation to "like" & "dislike" affect the behavior?

I changed Split/Argon to "dislike" each other but didn't notice any affect. I thought I'd look into Argon M148 (as it is their joint sector) and noticed 2 of the Split capital ships had damaged hulls and recovering shields but there were still some Argon ships flying around including the LOP but they were just ignoring each other
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 21:19

pudderf wrote:Got it working cheers :wink:

I've been playing around with the relations to try and spice the universe up a bit (turning everyone to "foe", even themselves, was sure fun to watch :D )

How does adjusting the relation to "like" & "dislike" affect the behavior?

I changed Split/Argon to "dislike" each other but didn't notice any affect. I thought I'd look into Argon M148 (as it is their joint sector) and noticed 2 of the Split capital ships had damaged hulls and recovering shields but there were still some Argon ships flying around including the LOP but they were just ignoring each other
I think the like/dislike in theory should mean no penalty for the Player killing ships in a race owned sector that dislikes those ships. Its like the old dislike of Argon / Paranid, Player can kill Paranid ships in Argon sectors without getting punished .. same here for dislike of Split / Argon i suspect,
you might even gain rank with the sector owner for killing a disliked ship.

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 13:19

Ahh well I'm not bothered about my personal rank with the races anymore so lowered the notoriety setting for "dislike" to -101 (which basically means that they can enter border sectors but will be attacked in core)

I now have 2 active wars, with 2 resulting mini wars

Argon <-> Boron (Friend)
Paranid <-> Split (Friend)

Argon <-> Paranid (Foe)
Split <-> Boron (Foe)

Argon <-> Split (Dislike)
Paranid <-> Boron (Dislike)

It's exactly what I wanted for my universe as it was all getting a bit dull and boring after I completed all the plot. A fantastic little script qwizzie, thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”