[MOD] Explore and Salvage v1.0 (4.0 Update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 10:26

XexrelFenix wrote:Testing time :twisted:
Thanks mate, have fun! Let me know if anything doesn't work as intended. ^^

XexrelFenix
x3ap

Post by XexrelFenix » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 12:34

Here is stats from my gathers, I will update this post when I get more test down in my spare time.

FIRST SITE:

1 Xenon I
2 Xenon K

Size: Medium to Large ish site
Time: 2 hours afk
Number of salvage used: 20
Number of nearby sites: 3
52 Salvage drones gathered.

Total of $88,703,112 worth of loot.

Top money making wares in loot: ( which are too the rare pricey ones )

-Unidentified Arte-facts
-Plutonium Dioxide
-Static Chambers
-Weapon Interface Chip
-Terran high tech goods
-Terran Red Wine

Comment: None atm, not enough tests yet to conclude or find any problems.

SECOND SITE:

Soon(tm)
Last edited by XexrelFenix on Tue, 14. Oct 14, 15:12, edited 2 times in total.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 12:48

XexrelFenix wrote:Here is stats from my gathers, I will update this post when I get more test down in my spare time.

FIRST SITE:

1 Xenon I
2 Xenon K

-Unidentified Arte-facts
-Plutonium Dioxide
-Static Chambers
-Weapon Interface Chip
-Terran high tech goods
-Terran Red Wine

SECOND SITE:

Soon(tm)
Thanks. :) Hmm, seems still too much.
Thing is, i wanna reward the player who just does that kinda thing while actually playing the game. You can also do it afk, but i never intended this mod to become a "leave the pc on over night just to farm wrecks" thingy.

I think i have an idea how to fix the "afk salvaging" problem.
I'll add some additional random npc spawns as long as the site exists.
Sad that this seems needed, but at least it garantees the player to be present. ^^

Edit: Oww, and there shouldn't be any wine... xD
Its not in the lootlist. ^^
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Tue, 14. Oct 14, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 12:51

Nice ideas flowing here!

XexrelFenix
x3ap

Post by XexrelFenix » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 15:20

iforgotmysocks wrote:
XexrelFenix wrote:Here is stats from my gathers, I will update this post when I get more test down in my spare time.

FIRST SITE:

1 Xenon I
2 Xenon K

-Unidentified Arte-facts
-Plutonium Dioxide
-Static Chambers
-Weapon Interface Chip
-Terran high tech goods
-Terran Red Wine

SECOND SITE:

Soon(tm)
Thanks. :) Hmm, seems still too much.
Thing is, i wanna reward the player who just does that kinda thing while actually playing the game. You can also do it afk, but i never intended this mod to become a "leave the pc on over night just to farm wrecks" thingy.

I think i have an idea how to fix the "afk salvaging" problem.
I'll add some additional random npc spawns as long as the site exists.
Sad that this seems needed, but at least it garantees the player to be present. ^^

Edit: Oww, and there shouldn't be any wine... xD
Its not in the lootlist. ^^
Terran Red Wine was the lowest amount ( hence last on list ) so I think that might be loot from dead NPCs or container I accidentally picked up nearby.

I only afked due for testing reason, so you dont have to worry about me abusing it. :P But its indeed a cheap tactic with no Npc respawn... :twisted:

Also just in:
-Whats your highest cap for Reivers or NPCs in general? ( Just curious )
-Site spawn rate might be out of control in some parts.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326616128

^ three sites nearby, intended?

EDIT:
Otherwise, the mod is getting that ALPHA polished feel now. Just a little tweak here and there before the next stage. :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 15:38

XexrelFenix wrote:Terran Red Wine was the lowest amount ( hence last on list ) so I think that might be loot from dead NPCs or container I accidentally picked up nearby.

I only afked due for testing reason, so you dont have to worry about me abusing it. :P But its indeed a cheap tactic with no Npc respawn... :twisted:

Also just in:
-Whats your highest cap for Reivers or NPCs in general? ( Just curious )
-Site spawn rate might be out of control in some parts.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326616128

^ three sites nearby, intended?

Otherwise, the mod is getting that polished feel now. Just a little tweak here and there. :)
Uff... i'd need to look that up. Depending on the faction its always different. The library which spawns those enemies works with points.
For example, if xenons are chosen as the race, and there are more than, lets say 80 points available, it may spawn a battleship and spend the remaining points on fighters. Rievers don't really have cap ships, so its all spent on fighters, that prolly may need some balancing, but i like the new difficulty. Its more difficult to outran a horde of fighters instead of just 2 battleships.

And the sitespawning is totaly random. If 3 are spawning that close it was just good/bad luck. ^^ The only thing that needs to be set in the feature is the bufferzone from stations. I didn't set this option yet so the player is able to test his gameperformance if a huge field is spawning close to a station. That won't happen anymore when the mod goes in beta state.

Its good that it seems to work well, but its way too early for that feeling. :p There is just a very small percentage done that i planned for this mod. It just eats up alot time, and i have some other projects to worrie about too. Anyway, i'm gonna continue working on major parts of EaS as soon as some other projects won't need that much attention anymore. :)

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 18:04

Would be fun to add some mines occasionally, like in Fell Affliction.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 19:09

bm01 wrote:Would be fun to add some mines occasionally, like in Fell Affliction.
Awwww, awesome idea. On the list for the next update, thank you. :D

XexrelFenix
x3ap

Post by XexrelFenix » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 21:58

bm01 wrote:Would be fun to add some mines occasionally, like in Fell Affliction.
What happens if a cap ship boost through a mine field? :lol:

Hope there wont be too much spawning near zone traffic lane. :o

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 22:24

XexrelFenix wrote:

Hope there wont be too much spawning near zone traffic lane. :o
It definitly needs a >total chaos< mode. :3

XexrelFenix
x3ap

Post by XexrelFenix » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 23:19

Update: In the Big Empty ( Only atm ), site spawn are out of control. They spawn and despawn alternating every second you move in the area ( stops when sitting still ) with different location and site. Every spawn will cause a FPS lag spike.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 01:43

XexrelFenix wrote:Update: In the Big Empty ( Only atm ), site spawn are out of control. They spawn and despawn alternating every second you move in the area ( stops when sitting still ) with different location and site. Every spawn will cause a FPS lag spike.
Hm, thats just a difficult location. There are some zones overlapping pretty close. I'm using a counter to keep track when the player goes though a change of zones but there the player scratches so many zones and non-zone space, that those spawned sites disappear again very fast an new ones spawn.

I've been thinking about alot ways to keep wrecks in place even if the player leaves the zone and enters it later again, but also still be able to remove them correctly, so there wouldn't be stuff left behind slowing down the game.

Until i come up with an idea how to handle this, the player can just avoid this by trying not to pass that the mess of zoneboarders in the big empty over and over again at that critical point.
A simply passing through may cause some short lags, but nothing serious, and as you mentioned, i didn't find any other location where it happend like this yet.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 03:19

I'm looking forward to being able to use this mod. 8)

For a spawn based system, just spawn them randomly on a timer.
Pick three random systems anywhere in the universe and have them spawn there.
Maybe send the player a log notification.

Once you figure out how to do it via destroyed ships, you can have them spawn around battlefields based on the number of ships in the zone destroyed.
Maybe each additional ship adds to the salvage field?

To make it so that people don't have to manually uninstall, you could just put a save-game variable in, which tells the version last installed.
That way your mod just reads it and, when update is needed, it performs it automatically.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

XexrelFenix
x3ap

Post by XexrelFenix » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 06:27

Yer, im avoiding the border as usual. Just something I encountered accidentally.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 06:55

XexrelFenix wrote:
Nothing I think.
I noticed some weird thing with mines, they only get active around the player (but after that they seems to be able to target anything)... Or I should say around the camera.
Let me explain. I saw a Titurel in the mine field once, getting no damage at all. But as soon as I pressed F3 a dozen of mines flew toward it.
I repeated this many times, I couldn't believe camera position is what makes mines active.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 17:42

bm01 wrote:I noticed some weird thing with mines, they only get active around the player (but after that they seems to be able to target anything)... Or I should say around the camera.
Now that you mention it, I have noticed a lot of things only happen to the player ship.
Superhighway slowdown things don't affect npcs. :(
Editing posts since long before I remember.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 17:48

wwdragon wrote:To make it so that people don't have to manually uninstall, you could just put a save-game variable in, which tells the version last installed.
That way your mod just reads it and, when update is needed, it performs it automatically.
Thats pretty much how i'm updating my mods since day 1 which was almost a year ago. Sadly those sweet ~3000 Lines of code are a little bit more complex, so i decided to skip the failing update routine on this one until the critical parts are in, then i can worrie about that as a whole and write a working update routine that actually works. Its called "early alpha" for a reason. ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 12:36

Hi iforgotmysocks

I've just had a go again at this games 3.0v using your mod though the game sucks and worse than before 2.20v, your mod is grate.

But sort of stops working after main campaign plot as i fire on a wreck i only get one lot of salvage and then the collecting stops no matter how long i keep firing no more items and no destroying the wreckage and nothing if i go to another wreck.

And if i save and reload again one shot one lot of items and no more unlike before you kept firing and collecting till wreck was destroyed.

I don't know if any other players are having the same issue if so needs looking into.

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Fri, 26. Dec 14, 13:25

Hey Iforgotmysocks. Love the mod. Have been playing with it since 3.0 came out.

I seen one little bug. I tend to board the capital ships that are in the area.

After I have clear the field and leave the my news ships get removed from game. I am not sure why but it like the code to clear the field is also clearing any ship that was created by it even if it has changed owners.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 15:25

Hey guys, sorry that i dropped all my mods back then, i didn't have time to maintain them with all the frequent updates which didn't make things any better at the time. ^^
However, i had some time on my hands so i updated EaS for 4.0

New in v0.07:
- Salvagable NPC wrecks!
- Exploration (Spawning of wrecks and enemies) is modular now and can be disabled in the config file
- Drone loot is logged via logbook entries if enabled in the ingame menu
- Fixed loottables (the new items ruined the old loottabels - sorry about that :D)
- All loottables are now configurable in the config file
- Boarded ships won't be removed by cleanup routines anymore
- Improved cleanup
- General code adjustments (last version was released over 2 years ago)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”