Detector (Finds Abandoned Ships, Tunings, Hidden Objects) [TC][AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Elwood J Blues
x3tc

Post by Elwood J Blues » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 12:10

Here's one for you. I've installed the script with plugin manager, and I'm playing though X3 TC. It detects everything except for Nividium. I've just shot up a field of the stuff am about 5km away with nothing targeted. Have I done something wrong??

Elwood.

Edit:- I do have a mineral scanner. Double checked twice.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 17:22

No, Elwood, you have not done anything wrong.

Nividium detection is "off" by default. Just edit the language file to turn it back on.

For an English game, that is 8552-L044.xml in your t folder (TC) (or addon\t folder in AP).

[ external image ]

"We're on a mission from God"

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 03:41

Hey DrB....

Just want to make sure I'm clear on install instructions...for XRM

The Cat/Dat goes in TC Main folder

but the T and scripts go in addon?

(I originally put them all in /addon and the Terran weapons, sounded strange...so I made the above changes after re-reading the instructions and now I'm getting a strange sound loop of weapons fire on my current save)

(wondering if I need to restart)

Edit...

Just alt-tabbed back into game and realized the sound loop is the detector..so something is definitely off with my install...because that was working fine before...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:13

Yeah, somebody recently reported that the sounds are messed up in XRM. I have talked it over with Paul and we should be able to fix the problem in the future (and keep it fixed).

The issue is the Sounds file, which needs to be updated in XRM in order to work with Detector. I will make a temporary "compatibility patch", but the real fix will be when XRM includes the Detector sounds. If you are brave then you can follow the discussion earlier in this thread to fix your own version. Or just wait until I post a new package for XRM.

Apollo11
x3ap

Help.

Post by Apollo11 » Sat, 8. Feb 14, 10:44

I have manually copied the files for the detector into my xrm scripts and t folder. do I need to buy a detector at an equipment dock. cos I cant see any to buy. cheers

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 9. Feb 14, 09:28

The ware should be at Argon Equipment Docks in AP3.0+.

If not there, then the setup script attempts to add the ware to Equipment Docks and Pirate Bases.

If none of the wares are available (perhaps due to ware conflicts with another mod or script), then Detector should work without the ware. Probably.

If you are new to scripts, then be sure that you have Activated the Script Editor.

Of course, you will also have to make sure that the Artificial Life Plugin is On. While undocked, press Escape until you get the menu in the lower-left corner of the screen. Select Gameplay, then Artificial Life Settings.

jaab-paradise
x4

Post by jaab-paradise » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 23:05

I didn't now that Detector was in AP3.0+ so i had to reinstall be cos some read-text error that scrambled ship names and mission plot text.

I have now started as humble merchant, and activated SE but when i try to enable detector in AI i get a message that this is mission/plot specific and denies the request.

Is this bc of my game start? and when will it be unlocked? Will it stay unlocked? And is it possible to circumvent this?

This Feature in AP3.0 and what it apply should also be explained in the beginning of this tread.

I have used Detector in some earlier games i played and i love it...
Thanks!!!...

I am Running latest AP-update + Bonus pack, and XRMmod with IE and Mars,

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 23:13

jaab-paradise wrote:This Feature in AP3.0 and what it apply should also be explained in the beginning of this tread.
Right you are, jaab-paradise. Added to OP:

About AP 3.0 (and above)
  • A special, limited, version of Detector is built into AP 3.0 (and higher). The limited version is only available during two missions in the Shady Business plot.

To enable the full version of Detector, simply install this package.

jaab-paradise
x4

Post by jaab-paradise » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 00:22

Thanks for your fast reply :D DrBullwinkle

I have now installed all the features i had in my first install and it now works (for the time being) perfectly fine.

Thank you for this great game feature!!!

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 07:00

I am also having trouble with the mod.

I can't find the ware in any of the mentioned docks.
I am using Litcube's Universe mod, along with the Major mods Detector version. Detector has been reported to be compatible with LU, so I am a bit puzzled.

I haven't installed any of the bonus pack nor anything else apart from LU, or explicitly compatible mods (also made sure there weren't any conflicts among them).

When I start for the first time with the mod, the message ReadText8552-2 mentioned by others in this thread appears. Since LU is not compatible with the plugin manager, I can't install the ware manager without heavy work.

I honestly don't understand what could be wrong, since the processes can be seen in the script editor and the AL options work, just as the mute hotkey (reports the mute status)...

To sum up, I can't find the ware, and I can't hear any beeping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 11:43

I can't really help you with LU because I do not have it installed.

However, there are no Pandora crates in LU, so the need for Detector is reduced.

Zalioth
x4

Post by Zalioth » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 09:59

No worries, thanks for your time though ^^.

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 23:23

Hi there,

I'm also having a problem, but quite different from what I have read in the forum.

Basically, I can buy the ware in docks, but I never managed to find any secret container in any sector.

I tried to assign a shortcut to mute/unmute, but I don't even hear a confirmation bip.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Sat, 16. Aug 14, 16:23

Well, it figures somehow the sounds are working : I did the xenon quest in Shady buiseness, the sounds worked.

I guess I just have to find a sector with a secret crate in, or am I wrong ?

These are random right ? I went to spaceweed grove, no detector sound :s

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 16:55

razgriz02 wrote:I guess I just have to find a sector with a secret crate in, or am I wrong ?
Yes. Crate locations are random.
Spoiler
Show
Most often in pirate sectors.
  • (You did install the script from the first page of this thread, right? The version of Detector that is built into AP 3.x is a limited version which only works during the Shady Business plot. If you want the full version (which can find hidden tuning crates), then you must install it.)

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 17:52

I didn't hope to eventually receive an answer to this post ;-)

Actually it was working, or it was not but now it is. I still didn't find any crate tough, so I still don't have the doomsday-kyoto.

Thx anyway

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 17:58

I usually find crates in the sectors around pirate alley.

Pandora Tunings (Teladidrone) can add more crates if you need them. It does essentially the same thing as the vanilla tuning crates. It scatters a few randomly around the 'verse.

If you use Lucike's script collection, he has a similar script called simply "Apollo".

JediH

Installation

Post by JediH » Mon, 6. Mar 17, 19:42

Hi I have downloaded and tried to install this script using plugin manager as instructed however it would say that it worked but the plugin wouldn't be shown in the installed section of the plugin manager. I have since tried installing it manually however when I activate the script and go to enable the detector an error appears saying that it is locked by the plot.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ^w^

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Installation

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 6. Mar 17, 23:17

JediH wrote:when I activate the script and go to enable the detector an error appears saying that it is locked by the plot.
Do you mean when you turn on Detector in the Artificial Life settings (on the Gameplay menu)?

What is the EXACT message? If it is, "This version of Detector is controlled by a plot mission", then that means that this script is not correctly installed. Make sure you are installing it into the AP folder (X3TC\addon) rather than into the X3TC folder. In the Plugin Manager, you will have to check the pulldown near the top of the window to be sure that it points to AP rather than TC.

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 18:54

nice little script, love it
a bit too expensive imho for early game but that's easily changed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”