Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Matticus88
x4

Post by Matticus88 » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 22:43

I like the boron. They are different. i quite like the design of their ships and shipyard in X3TC/AP, different to the usual metal monstrosaties.

Byeohazard
x4

Post by Byeohazard » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 23:06

Are there further expansions planned after December release? I recently installed the game after not opening the box for the past year and will give it a real work out when Teladi expansion is released. I am just curious what the long term plan is for the game. I know of a different game I was interested in that got no further support after the last big expansion and I'm just hoping that this one receives more "love" than that.
Thanks in advance!

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 01:32

CBJ wrote:No, people do need to claim it to get it. This is the best of the options Steam has offered us for this scenario, not something we've specifically requested. Regarding the date, it's looking likely that people will in fact be able to claim their free copy of the DLC for longer, most likely until it is actually released.
Sadly, I really think it's a bad move from Steam /or Egosoft.
especially in such a short time span.

You need to gather asap extra keys ES and send them to complainers as a pre-christmas gift, or you'll have a second 15 Nov 2013 fury tempest on your hands.

apart that,
I miss Boron, Paranid, Teran and greedy, foolish Teladis. (In X3, teladis Hi-voice are awesome, in X:R, they mean serious business.)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

If I remember correctly

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 05:41

There was some time ago (may have even been pre-TC early reunion), a post that showed art work for all of the races. This may have been when the early development of Rebirth started.

The artwork was just sketches of how the races might look. However they were all there I think.

So there might be some hope for the return of all of them.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 13:03

If you are interested, you can go to The Lightworks homepage, if you scroll down their portfolio to X Rebirth, you can see some of the work and concepts they made for the game...like the girl's face in the bars, the one on the H20 factories Ad Signs, some trading ships, the model for the Teladis used in game...oh, I almost forgot, even the model for Paranids and a concept for Borons, but I suppose those are irrelevant :P ...

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 20:24

very good but the paranoid concept looks too much like split with 3 eyes to me, I imagine paranoid to be a little more like space pigs ;) lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 20:59

Ohhhhhhh, that's actually fine!
I always disliked Paranids and Borons, as they look dumb and behave like kids.
But those pictures - they look very serious. Especially borons are an improvement, they no more look like kids in our kindergardens.
But the Paranids look very good in there. Quite surprising. I'd like to have a few of engineers who look like that.

jockthejake

No more acrynoms please

Post by jockthejake » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 22:59

Hi All.
Good to know that the game is getting it's much needed improvements, but there is one question that still bothers me... What the heck does DLC stand for?
Thanks.
Jock

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 23:13

Stands for Downloadable Content. It's the same concept as an expansion (if you enjoy the game, you can buy more of it) - but the rapidity of digital distribution has allowed for some DLC which is miniscule (imagine one or two extra weapons).

Teladi Outpost looks to be more on the scale of a small expansion, though.

Hador
x4

Post by Hador » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 00:37

Thank you EGOSOFT, that you don't give up the work on RB :thumb_up:

RIK_

Taladi Outpost help

Post by RIK_ » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 01:36

HI, I have x rebirth on disc, I got it on the day it was realest, but unfortunately my pc main board packed in before I had a chance to play the game, I've had to wait until I could afford to have a complete rebuild. I have been checking the updates with interest and looking forward to load the latest, Teladi Outpost. Will this be possible for me, considering that my game is on disc, or will I have to re-purchase the game again on steam.
Thanks----------Rik
:?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 01:59

all copies of the game are bound to steam. if you want the dlc while its free add it to your steam acc and claim the dlc, otherwise you may have to buy the dlc seperately
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 09:44

If you registered XR on Steam then you should be ok, if you never installed XR and have lost the disc but have the serial key you should be ok. The point is to register the game in Steam against your account and request the dlc whether its installed or not I don't think makes a difference.

NEMESIS165
x4

Post by NEMESIS165 » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 21:23

sooo , when we get 2.5 ?))

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 22:19

Just checked Steam moments ago and "X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost" is showing as Installed which surprised me. Current game version is 2.5 RC7.

Looking forward to more content, I assume the new area is linked to the currently inactive gate? Hope this means I can simply continue my existing game & the new content "unlocks" at an appropriate plot point - or right away in a non-plot game - OR via some mini-plot/mission in both instances.

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 22:25

@ Scoob: The 'installed' Teladi Outpost DLC is almost certainly just a zero byte placeholder at the moment. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 22:32

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Scoob: The 'installed' Teladi Outpost DLC is almost certainly just a zero byte placeholder at the moment. :wink:
Well, I just checked and the jumpgate in Exhaustless mines is open for business....

Just kidding, I suspect you're right :) Good to know Steam is showing it as it hadn't since I first "pre-ordered" it.

Scoob.

TimeTraveller
x4

save game compatibility v2.x 3

Post by TimeTraveller » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 10:47

Any hint yet if the savegames NOW being compatible with the upcoming version V3 in december ?
Cheers

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 11:07

They always try to make incoming versions compactible with savegames...

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 11:09

Unless you use beta versions you can be certain they'll be compatible, otherwise it would only be "highly likely".

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”