Dead-is-Dead Gamestart - No Steam Version (English/German)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marstradamus

Dead-is-Dead Gamestart - No Steam Version (English/German)

Post by Marstradamus » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 03:20

Hey Leute,

Ich suche nach einer Möglichkeit den Dead is Dead Spielstart in der noSteam Version von Terran Conflict zu aktivieren.
Meine editierten Startszenarien aus der
"gamestarts.xml" (Pfad: "X3TC-ROOT\L\true\gamestarts.xml")
verschwinden jedesmal aus der Ingame Auswahl,
sobald ich dem jeweiligen Szenario zur ersten Zeile deadisdead="1" hinzufüge.
Nach dem entfernen tauchen die Szenarien Ingame wieder auf. Der Befehl wurde dem Original Eintrag des Selbstmörderischen Tintenfisches entnommen und sollte daher nicht der Kern des Problems sein.
Kann mir da irgendjemand weiterhelfen oder erforschen wir da alle neue welten?
Danke schoneinmal für die Hilfe

Marstradamus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys

I´m searching a way to get the "dead is dead" gamestart working in Terran Conflict.
My edited Startup scenarios from the
"gamestarts.xml" (Path: X3TC-ROOT\L\true\gamestarts.xml) dissapers (in the ingame screen wher you choose your startscenario), every time I edit the First Line of my Scenario with the command: deadisdead="1". If I delete this command, the scenario appers ingame and is playable.
The Command deadisdead="1" is from the suicidal lar scenario so I think the problem is not the command itself,i think the problem is somewhere else.
Could anyone help me out please?

Thank you for your help.

Marstradamus

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 05:19

I have never tried modding in a dead is dead gamestart before so this is based on pure speculation.
It sounds like it is a problem with the deadisdead property itself. My guess would be that the game is only able to have one dead is dead start scenario, because of some hardcoded limit. One thing you could try is to edit the Suicidal Squid start so it is no longer a DiD start and then change yours so it is.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 12:38

Hallo :)

Du ich glaub das hängt mit der "noSteam" zusammen, DiD erfordert ja Steam zumindest ist es meine Vermutung.

Hintergrund ich hab das auch gemacht, allen Startszenarios mittels Fake-Patch die DiD Funktion hinzugefügt um das Spiel spannender zu machen und man sich zwei-dreimal überlegen sollte wie man vorgeht um nicht den Tod zu erliegen.

Ich kann nur sagen das es bei allen Starts funktioniert. Aber ich muss dazu Steam starten was aber im Grunde ja nicht schlimm ist oder was spricht dagegen?

Wenn Du nicht willst das Dir Steam evlt. deine Dateien (Mods) durcheinander würfelt oder reorganisiert, kopiere einfach den Original Steam-Ordner deiner TC/AP Version auf ein anderes Laufwerk/Verzeichnis und spiele damit, so habe ich es auch gemacht - falls Steam iirc updates oder so ausführt.
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Marstradamus

Post by Marstradamus » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 18:46

Erstmal Danke für die schnelle reaktion hier im Forum.

Ghostrider:
Ja das bestärkt meine Vermutung das es an der "Steamlosigkeit" meiner Installation liegt. Habe mir Steam mal nachinstalliert und meine editierten Startszenarien tauchen alle auf.
An sich ist das mit Steam kein Problem, aber es wäre die für mich sauberere Lösung gewesen, da ich Steam dann ausschliesslich noch zum starten des Dead is Dead Szenarios auf dem Rechner installiert habe.
Bedingt durch das ganze zusammenpuzzeln der verschiedenen Mods die es so gibt, habe ich eh schon mehrere Installationspfade zu X, auch ohne Steam hehe

Jack775544:
I don´t think that it is a problem with the property itself, because in the Steamless Version I also can´t see Sucidal Squit Scenario. The way you described me to try i had already tried with no success But thank you anyway.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 21:27

If I had to guess, you're dealing with some kind of Steam-related flag. After all, the DiD start is only available when you're connected to Steam. So you're probably out of luck trying to get an offline game-enforced DiD game going. You'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way, using will power. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”