[MOD] Recall Player Drones (12th Sept 2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

[MOD] Recall Player Drones (12th Sept 2014)

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 16:12

Small mod to call back the Skunk's drones from the sidebar > Communication menu. -points at Seol-

[ external image ]
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 17. Sep 14, 21:03

Minor update to remove reliance on Sidebar Extender and correctly place command in new b7+ Drone menu.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Wed, 17. Sep 14, 23:07

Very handy, very simple, thanks very much. :):thumb_up:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 14:20

Oh, this is a very welcome addition and a feature that's been missing in the core game since day one! Will try this out asap!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 14:50

very nice.. :wink:

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 01:11

Could you possibly make it for any ship you own please? - The last 2 Titerals I have captured leave their repair drones behind when I order the ship to transcend... - I end up having to blow them up cause I cannot do anything else with them.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Sep 14, 01:13

I've been thinking about that. It will probably work for capitals as long as combat has ended, or the DO will just spew out more.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 17:14

Drones get stuck easy so if they do, some way to "teleport" them back inside in X-minutes if not allready would do wonders.

Awasome mod btw.

Small req:

"Smart defence" into "dumb zergfest" - AKA: pop s-def, drones will attack any hostile fighter within 10-15km or so.

Also, how hard is to mod that window that pops up when you hit T? Is it possible to add the recall there?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 17:20

swatti wrote: Also, how hard is to mod that window that pops up when you hit T? Is it possible to add the recall there?
Funny you should say that...I remember in the past wondering why there was no recall button there on the opposite side of "Smart Defence" :)

The teleport idea is a good one. Ideally they'd all dock properly but while there are vanilla issues with that I think I’d prefer a working recall than periodically losing potentially expensive drones.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 20:19

The lua for the T press interface doesn't decompile with our current tools so for now it's a 'No'. Maybe in the future....

EDIT :

Actually I hadn't intended for the update to keep the teleport code, but I forgot to put the proper docking back before upload and didn't change it. It's a simple change in the xml of a true/false to insta dock or slowboat to the skunk.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 23:00

Tell ya what tho, I am getting sick of having to go blow up drones captured ships leave behind when I tell them to go to transcend..
I would report this to ego, except that I am soo mod heavy that any post I made would be gone within seconds :lol:
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 15:00

This cool feature is now incorporated into vanilla.

Good job Yorrick 8)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”