Tlasers Limit

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Deveyus
x3ap

Tlasers Limit

Post by Deveyus » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 00:42

I've been reading and reading regarding TLasers and I have two questions that I can't seem to find answers for:

1) is there a limit to the number of lasers that can be added? The answer seems to be 32, but then others say it's not, and there's crosslinks with a bunch of stuff from X2. I'm very confused overall.

2) I noticed rotation speed values, but they're all listed as simply "RPM" is this Revolutions per Minute or Radians per Minute? Does this apply to the ships turrets automatically tracking targets or how is this otherwise used?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 02:47

1) You can have alot of lasers. I am not sure of the actual limit but I know that XRM has 49 lasers in total, so the limit is pretty high. The number of weapon groups is limited however.

2) I am fairly sure it is revolutions per minute but I am not 100% sure. It applies to how fast the turret can spin for both the player and for scripts. For cockpit weapons these values have no meaning. As expected larger weapons should have a lower rotation to make them less effective against fighters.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 03:30

1.) Yes there are only 32 Weapongroups, but each Group can contain as much Lasers as you wish, Ships are only compatible to Weapongroup not to a specific Weapon.
e.g. Springblossom is only compatible to the Aldrin weaponsgroup, which contains all three Aldrin Weapons, but Spitfire can't use SSC because of it's container size.

2.) ist only determining how fast a turret rotates.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Deveyus
x3ap

Post by Deveyus » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 04:24

Thank you guys much for your responses, and for clarifying Weapon GROUPS versus individual weapons, I've been studying for several hours per day for the last couple weeks and hadn't heard a word about that. 32 GROUPS is plenty for me, I just wanted several weapons for each group for my planned modding.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 05:13

Just for a bit of clarification on weapon groups, they are the coloured blocks that you see on the info panel on a ship (there are 2 spares that don't appear on the info panel as well). In vanilla most groups only have one gun assigned to them with the exception of the Mining Laser/Tractor Beam/Repair laser, Kyon Emitters and the Aldrin Weapons. You can use those as examples for how the groups work.
In some larger mods like XRM, almost every weapon group has more than one weapon assigned, as to dramatically increase the amount of weapons that can be in the game.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 16:51

I don't suppose anyone has made a guide to show how to create additional weapons in the game, like that, have they? That'd be really useful if they have!
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 17:12

basically its just copying existing weapons to the end of the TLasers and TBullets, update the Number of Entries at the top (Copying wwith the X3Editor 2 should take care of all this), then change the Specs to your liking and write some scripts which make this weapon available
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 19:31

I assuming I'd have to create the system name (e.g. SS_XXXX_for the weapon at the same time? Would I then be able to add it directly to the map xml file - (which is what I've done for the other weapons not normally sold)?

(Tested this, and yes, can be added to stations within the map/template file.)

Where does the TLaser file get the weapon name (e.g. Impulse Ray Emitter) and its description from, and how would I add an additional reference?

EDIT: Figured it all out now. Created both the xml using the editor and the script in-game, and it worked. Yay.
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”