Mass Drivers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

IceExplosive
x3ap

Mass Drivers

Post by IceExplosive » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 20:55

Hi
can someone help me out with scripting?
I want to either completly remove mass driven from the game or make them an ordinary weapon... I mean remove that shield bypass effect. They already are non-ammo based and turned into energy in XRM... but they are just irritating when pirates spawns to attack my freighters and I have to send them to repair... actually every few minutes another ship...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Sep 14, 10:18

You won't solve this problem with scripting, but rather with modding. Get yourself the X3 Editor 2 from doubleshadow and open the mod's cat files. In the types folder (or addon\types for X3AP) look for a file called TBullets and open it with the TFile Editor. Click on the BULLET_MASS entry and open the Bullet data tab. At the bottom of this page/window there is a list of different Flags, including "Ignore Shields". Remove the tag and save the file, and you should be done.

If you do the above, you should consider changing the values for (IS and OOS) shield damage as well. Otherwise the Mass Driver will become a weapon that is only useful, when a ship doesn't have any shields anymore (i.e. its shield strength is zero).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Thu, 18. Sep 14, 02:23

I balanced out the ammo-based weapons by increasing their volume and energy use, (since they now come equipped with ammunition generators) - anything less than M3/M3+ ships now struggle to fire anything more than a short burst, at a time, as intended. Not sure about making them medium weapons instead of small, though.

(Am planning to mod the weapons more after I've finished my complete map and Star Wars ship collection to use with it. I do wish it was easy to add additional weapons/shields and have all the ships use them, though.)
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Thu, 18. Sep 14, 10:40

Thanks a lot, I was looking into that cat file earlier but didnt find that "ignore shield" flag... well i completly missed that Bullet Data tab :) thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”