[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 10:59

this is a great script, I try to use it in any conversion I use.
currently I am playing Litcubes Universe... and most functions work, well the ones I have tried anyways (I don't use them all).

I added X missions reloaded and noticed that there's incompatibility causing script loops so I am not able to use this unless I remove X missions.

are there any plans to make this compatible with LU ?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 22:46

Hi Joelnh,

I'm now downloading LU, I'll see if I can find the incompatibility issue.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 23:09

Hi Tecsg / Joelnh,

I had the same problems yesterday playing LU with XM-R and the Salvage Command Suite V4.11. But I did write the error down, so maybe it will help you.

This was the message:
Infinite loop detected, script is terminated.
!fight.attack.object.std: 83:4:99:59329271:0: if $iskhaakthinker
RefObj: Pirate Polacca (IM1FU-17) enu=homily of Perpetuity

My game did hang, and when I did start the game again, same thing did happen after a few minutes.

Don't know if this helps. I am trying now to see if the same problems occur, if i uninstall Command suite.

Greetzzz

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 03:43

Nice to see you still active Tecsg, hope you are able to find the issue's with your script and LU/ XMR.

And maybe LU has sucked you back into playing like it did to me.... :lol:

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 07:05

Okay, I've installed LU and have found a few small issues with my scripts.

I've not managed to replicate the Infinite Loop error yet, but will keep looking.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 12:12

Cool. The infinite loop might be from X missions reloaded which is the only other mod installed.
I am thinking it has to do with the satellites deployed to all sectors.... for some reason ships have a hard time destroying them.

a small change to this would be to have a few options.
stealth satellites
standard satellites
neutral satellites

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 08:52

Okay, I've not had the Infinite Loop issue, but I have found one of the modified X3 scripts is causing one of the LU scripts to write thousands of messages in to the logs (and file 9111 on the HDD) which could be symptomatic of the same issue, so I've fixed that by (for the time being) by modifying one of the LU scripts..

There are also quite a few issues with LU as it replaces many of the standard ships, so for example, when you launch a Camera Drone from SCS, an M7 Xenon G is created and flies around the sector...

I am working on selecting appropriate ships to be used for LU instead of the current ones, but it appears there are no ships in LU capable of using Repair Lasers that the Salvagers and Upgraders use...

Will keep you all posted...

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 11:40

A xenon G camera is one big drone lol

Have you contacted litcube and company?
He may be willing to add the repair laser to a ship in future versions to make it compatible. As well as help with any other issues.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 16:45

I just went to look at the scripts xml files and it just shows as garbage characters. what do you use to do the xml's?

I have the same problem viewing cycrow's scripts...

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 17:02

Hi Joelnh,

Normally I use Exscriptor, but I tried X-Studio recently and it corrupted a load of my files (this was after the version you have was released though).

If the file is compressed (.pck) you would see something like that, what file were you looking at?

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 17:09

I tried several of the scripts...I was looking for the create ship one to see if I can use that solo somehow....oh and these were already extracted from pck to xml.

I tried notepad++, notepad, and wordpad.

I will try exscriptor.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 17:43

Normal text or xml editors don't work for editing X3 script files. As I mentioned in the answer to your question about looking at the scripts from Cycrow's Cheatpackage already, you need either the ingame or one of the external script editors (the Exscriptor by Whimsy or mrbear's XStudio).
Script files are not designed to be edited "manually". The (somehow) readable part at the top of a script file is only used for displaying the file in the browser. The actual code, i.e. that what the game executes, is found within the <codearray> tags.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 18:14

So all the other scripts I could view outside the game were different somehow.

I will try xstudio as exscriptor isn't working.

Thank you

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 13. Sep 14, 18:18

You should be able to view them in (for example) IE in the 'scripts' folder as there is an XML stylesheet 'x2script.xsl' in that folder that tells IE how to display the XML files.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 01:45

I was finally able to get xstudio working, thank you.

hope you enjoying Litcube's Universe while your testing. :)

g_BonE
x4

Post by g_BonE » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 11:22

Sweet, one of my most fave mods is still alive and kicking. I am too playing Litcubes Universe exclusively - which is now in it's 1.3.7 version, i am wondering if there is any progress on the compatibility front ? looks like the !fight.*.* and the !turret.killenemies.adv.main scripts might be problematic as they would overwrite LU scripts?
(x|x) .oO[ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse !!! ]

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 18:06

I have used this mod / script for a few years now and would love to see a LU version...

However I can well imagine this would be one hell of a lot of work to make compatible with LU, coupled with the fact that would leave TECSG with two versions to maintain... not just the few file conflicts but most of the mechanics would appear to interfere with the LU scheme of things far as I can tell...

Just a suggestion (it maybe more work or less) to make a cut down version ? with say what we are really missing / craving for lol...

Scan for ships and crates.
Buy a Mobile Repair Ship.
Remote salvaging command.

Being the most essential in my opinion...

Of course this is all at TECSG's discretion, I tried to piece together and adapt the various files to implement the afore mentioned myself... but failed miserably :roll:

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 18:28

Andyrids wrote:I have used this mod / script for a few years now and would love to see a LU version...

However I can well imagine this would be one hell of a lot of work to make compatible with LU, coupled with the fact that would leave TECSG with two versions to maintain... not just the few file conflicts but most of the mechanics would appear to interfere with the LU scheme of things far as I can tell...

Just a suggestion (it maybe more work or less) to make a cut down version ? with say what we are really missing / craving for lol...

Scan for ships and crates.
Buy a Mobile Repair Ship.
Remote salvaging command.

Being the most essential in my opinion...

Of course this is all at TECSG's discretion, I tried to piece together and adapt the various files to implement the afore mentioned myself... but failed miserably :roll:
I have tried to and failed as well. I agree, those are the most missed features. If a LU compatible version only had that I would be happy.

If you want or need a tester, I volunteer.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 7. Oct 14, 07:24

I have managed to maintain compatibility with several mods like XRM, ToTT, etc. so it is possible to do that and still only have one version, but it does make it more difficult.

LU is proving somewhat more difficult than all the rest due to all the ships being changed (no repair lasers any more :cry: ) and Litcube modifying the same in-game scripts as me!

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 10:47

TECSG wrote:LU is proving somewhat more difficult than all the rest due to all the ships being changed (no repair lasers any more :cry: ) and Litcube modifying the same in-game scripts as me!
Hi TECSG, yes that was what I was thinking (and noticed after looking at both sets of files) it's a freaking lot of work and potentially bog down script execution times with the other mods if its got to check for LU and then execute those scripts accordingly...

Hence my suggestion for an extra light version, no need for the repair lasers to be honest could just use marine repairs and training script for that part...

Whatever route you may decide to go though I am sure it will be most welcomed judging by quite a few people asking about such features in LU...

I would like to do it myself but like Joelnh I can't get my head around it either at present hehe

Thanks for even considering this TECSG :-)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”