Seperate TC/AP mod forums?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Liath
x4

Seperate TC/AP mod forums?

Post by Liath » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 08:18

I find that there are MANY scripts that do NOT work in AP that work fine in TC. (and the reverse is true)
I understand that keeping the forums joined creates a little less clutter, but it gets confusing very quickly when you're trying to get a modded game going that doesn't have glitches and crashes due to the script incompatibilities.

It would be more helpful if the modders had tags in the topic (some do) or at least updated the OP to show compatibility, or if someone that knows what works and does not work could go through and edit the posts, or there was some kind of way to 'flag' a script that isn't maintained anymore as "works in AP up to version X" or something.

It gets really hard to find good information on what mods work. Some of these mods have tens if not hundreds of pages in the thread, and it is a quite time consuming and not very accurate thing to dig through each one and hopefully find a definitive answer for what works and what doesn't.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 08:33

The thing is most scripts that work in TC also work in AP. If a script only works in AP then is is usually stated in the OP.

For mods (ie. not scripts), the general rule is that it will only work for the game that it is made for (so if it does not say AP in the original post, then you can assume TC compatibility only)

So while it would be nicer if there were 2 forums, there would be so much duplication it is not worth it. And if the answer to weather a mod is compatible with AP or TC isn't on the last couple of pages you can always ask in that thread.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”