[MOD] Player Shipyards and more

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[MOD] Player Shipyards and more

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 02:02

Version 2.1
-- All outstanding issues for compatibility with latest version of X Rebirth should be fixed.

Version 2.0
-- New Ships
-- New Shipyards
-- Can now run a profitable shipyard business building ships and selling them (sell them to your own ship dealer for a mark up of 50%)

Version 1.8
-- Fixed some new ships missing parts in 3.0, now should be fully compatible.
-- Added new Scaldis Battle Fortress for a total of 9 new ship variants over Vanilla.
-- Shipyards should properly buy drones now.

Version 1.6
-- Minor fixes (now you can build a succellus vanguard)

Version 1.5
New Ships added, total of 8 Variants. 4 PMC ships and 4 ROC ships.
Sul Mobile Weapons Platform - PMC
Sul Eclipse Frigate - PMC - JET LR frigate
Sul Arbiter Frigate - PMC - Missile frigate
Sul Typhoon Frigate - PMC - Antifighter frigate

Lepton Armadillo Frigate - ROC - Antifighter with missile capabilities
Stromvok Arbalest Cruiser - ROC - Missile Cruiser
Stromvok Fury Cruiser - ROC - JET LR Cruiser
Succellus Vanguard Destroyer - ROC - Heavy Destroyer

Version 1.2
Minor fixes, fixed mobile platform

Version 1.1 Quick Fix
Hopefully fixed CTD issues.

Version 1.0 of Player Shipyards.

This was created with the inspiration of Build Shipyards by Berserk Knight. Thanks to him for the wonderful Build Shipyard Mod.

Included in Version 1.0 -

Complete compatibility for the new small/medium shipyards. Give them resources and they will continuously build ships for you. Talk to the ship dealer on board your station to "buy" any ship they have built. Even though
it will say it is charging you money, you do not actually lose any money.

Added a PMC/XENON tech small/medium shipyard which builds all the medium freighters and miners as well as the Golem Heavy Corvette fighter and Moebius Heavy fighter (smaller then the Golem with less firepower and hull)
Comes with custom name and description.

Build your own shipyard from the major factions and build all their ships. Supply your station with the needed resources and build any ship you like completely independent of the other factions.

Also, you can build any small/medium shipyard in the game.

More will be added in the future.

Also includes a brand new ship, the Sul Heavy Mobile Weapon Platform. This ship uses the hull of a Heavy sul but is equipped with two HIVI MA Turrets on the top of the ship. Useful as anti capital ships.
Order them to your position and park them wherever you like for defense of any important strategic positions. Comes with Custom name and description.

Using Page id 40000

Steam Workshop Link
Last edited by BlackRain on Mon, 11. Jul 16, 04:15, edited 13 times in total.

Ausplat
x4

Post by Ausplat » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 02:11

Made suggestion in mod-suggestion thread, that shipyard/chop-shop (or something like Plutarch Exchange) replace IURV forge from storyline, to fit better with Devries story of not having big mining ships etc.

i.e. Capture reiver ship, scrap it, and station breaks it down to components like Bio-optic wiring, fusion reactions, RMP.. which can then be used to build stations, instead of making trips to hostile Albion...

Similar to X3's Player HQ.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 02:12

I am having one issue with this which I hope Unitrader will help with. The ship I added can be built just fine at the shipyard. However, when it is completed, it is not given a captain like other ships built and sits in the Berth. This is a minor issue because the player can just go hire a captain and tell the captain to go work on the ship and then tell it to leave squad and then add back to squad and then it will function like normal. I would like to fix this issue though but can't figure out why. I am sure it is something simple I am missing.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 02:14

Ausplat wrote:Made suggestion in mod-suggestion thread, that shipyard/chop-shop (or something like Plutarch Exchange) replace IURV forge from storyline, to fit better with Devries story of not having big mining ships etc.

i.e. Capture reiver ship, scrap it, and station breaks it down to components like Bio-optic wiring, fusion reactions, RMP.. which can then be used to build stations, instead of making trips to hostile Albion...

Similar to X3's Player HQ.
Well, replacing the IURV station is not within the scope of this mod, however, you bring up an interesting idea for player stations (meaning strip down ships). This may very well be possible.

The following would have to occur, talk to ship dealer and ask to strip ship. Ship flies into Berth. Ship does the construction animations it does when building, but in reverse. Station gets the resources from the ship.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 03:15

** Pokes head into new thread **

Me here, all ready to see if I can break (erm test) your shipyard :D

I really like the idea posted above about being able to take ships into my shipyard and break them down for scrap, I could do that with the Titerals that are too costly to repair after capturing them..
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 22:35

will post this shortly.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 22:48

It ok, take your time, I not even updated the game yet :lol:
Off to do that soon as I catch up on all the new messages...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 23:31

we are a go!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 23:33

:)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 00:20

BlackRain wrote:we are a go!
Thanks for this :) - Subscribes in steam to get it...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 00:24

Just so you know, small/medium shipyards have changed considerably. No longer are ships made to order. For player shipyards this is perfect. If you get enough resources, your small/medium shipyards will continue to produce ships quite quickly. Depending on the ship, it may only take a minute and a half or so to finish building one ship. Your station will continue to produce ships until it reaches the maximum hold allowed per ship (depending on station this is like 15 or 17 ships per type) That means you can have 17 Golems, 17 Moebius, 17 gigurum energy, etc. already built and waiting for you to order them if you haven't been buying ships from your station but it will stop building them once max is reached (which could be good depending on if you dont want it to use resources)

darkelf1

Post by darkelf1 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 14:57

cool...... :lol:

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 20:40

Having a problem with this mod. When i try to build a station, with a OL built CV and architect, I click "show available stations" the game freezes then CTD.

The selection screen never appears. Also no crash message. Build is in transend sector.

When I disable the mod and remove it from the save game, the selection screen appears as normal.

Oldviper

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 20:46

Also am running a save started in 2.20. Now running 2.50 64 bit beta.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:41

I will have to look into this. It may be a problem with beta 6. I heard there were macro issues with beta 6. If this is the case then that may be the cause Of the ctd's. I will let you know as soon as I get a chance.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:43

Transcend is apparently bugged with the shipyards included in gamestart too, as noted in NZ warriors thread about mod compatability.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:47

Yes, if there are ship macro issues, any mod that touches them will ctd most likely. If this is the problem, it is an easy fix though. Will know more once I get a chance to test later today.

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 22:24

Well, I tried a new game. Can contact arms dealers, etc. from space no problem. Contacted ship dealer on same station, (shipyard in Transcend), same problem. As soon as i select build ship menu game freezes and CTD.

Old viper

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 22:53

More info. Was able to build CV in OL. Installed architect, engineer, defense officer.

Selected build location, clicked list of stations, freeze and CTD. So problem is not confined to Transend.

Oldviper

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 01:13

oldviper585 wrote:More info. Was able to build CV in OL. Installed architect, engineer, defense officer.

Selected build location, clicked list of stations, freeze and CTD. So problem is not confined to Transend.

Oldviper
The problem isn't with this mod or Transcend per say. The mod is fine but the problem is that there is a bug in one of the macros, it is the hydrogen mining medium ship. The macro location is incorrect in Beta 6, this is a bug. I could release a temporary fix so that people can play with beta 6.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”