General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Boann landing pad

Post by Tamina » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 19:51

Hi,

today I managed to collect 8M-Credits by trading with my trusty Stryvok and bought a Boann from it.

> However I can't seem to find the landing pad??? I flew around this giant capital several times but... no landing pad so far.
Does someone know where it is? From the rest of my money I hired a defence officer... don't tell me this was a waste :/

(Also how does the Boann work? The encycl states it is a liquid 'miner'. So do I need Scoob collectors for it?)

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Me :P

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 20:03

The landing pad is on the nose of the ship.

I'd recommend to add 5 construction drones, around 10-15 Cargo drones, and of course, around 20 of those scoop drones.
Also, captain, engineer, and a defence officer aboard.

Boann is capable of collecting anything liquid.
That means Ion, Plasma, or Hydrogen.
However, it's not as efficent when collecting Ion and Plasma.
It's built to collect Hydrogen and that's what it excels at.

Its extremly simple:
Fly to a zone which contains Hydrogen (or Ion/Plasma, but I wouldn't recommend that).
Then just talk to the captain of the Boann, select "NEW ORDER" and tell him to gather resources here. Select the desired resource from the list.

EDIT: Boann can also transport and trade Water. But not too much of it.

EDIT 2: Iam a little bit bored at the moment, so downloaded a pic and marked the landing pad for you:
http://i.imgur.com/IklyiHk.jpg

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 21:43

That's so sweet of you. :D
Now I have more than enough information to work with. :)

My money wasn't enough for so many drones but I will keep that in mind. I can tell you that 8 scoobs are definitly not enough - sooo slooow :D

I guess we are all waiting for the patch right now :)

That is why I started a new game, this time concentrated and serious without any money "cheating" or savegame editing. I guess I have never payed so much attention to this game and it is way more fun and many features start to make sense now and are way more well thought out than I knew of. Like the smalltalk minigame o.o it is only annoying that they are always the same 3 topics xD

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 21:57

Well I just finished my grand task of the week:
getting trade agents aboard every possible station in the game.
I can now watch & trade anything from anywhere.

If anybody has right to complain about repeating topics - it's me.
But nope, I enjoyed doing it.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 01:36

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:getting trade agents aboard every possible station in the game.
:o I couldn't stand doing that. Waaaaaay to boring.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 02:31

I also have now on 95% of all stations in Omicron Lyrae trade agents.
They came over time - first I had a few trade agents and while trading I noticed there are stations needing Bofu so I hired trade agents on them and then I noticed oh now those need V crushers so I hired on those stations some trade agents producing them... and so on.
It is fun, especially when you are not forcing yourself and you have anyway nothing to do while waiting for your ships to trade, so you can hire trade agnts or get discounts to get some extra cash $_$ Only through discounts, I got my second freighter today, yeaaaay! And this useless Boann crap which makes 5k in the time those freighters make 500k.

It is also funny to discover new smalltalk options and how they react to it, yesterday Ren said this during a smalltalk in a really creepy paranoid voice
"We should trust Plutarch, they know what they are doing. Plutarch always cared for us!"
I had to laugh a lot :D
Also I think discount amounts and in general the options you get as a favour depend on how many points you get in smalltalk - if this is true than there is more behind it than many players even know.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 06:06

Can never find anyone that wants to buy Bofu in O.L, it's like they're all fasting when i'm in town. :(
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 13:16

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Well I just finished my grand task of the week:
getting trade agents aboard every possible station in the game.
I can now watch & trade anything from anywhere.

If anybody has right to complain about repeating topics - it's me.
But nope, I enjoyed doing it.
I did it too in my game (campain start) and it's long to do but very interesting cause we now know about every single trade possibilit and there are lots of...

Of course, due to my plot start, every station of albion are red(made trade agent before starting the fight with PMC) but I will get back to them later...
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 13:59

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:getting trade agents aboard every possible station in the game.
I'll assume from that statement that you are the official world expert in all matters trade agent related :D

To get all the available trade deals, we used to have to scan all of the (i) points of a station. If we just get a trade agent (without scanning the (i) points) does he/she provide all the deals info ? Or only relating to the (i) parts we have actually visited once ? It is not clear to me ...

The addition of this game mechanic seems to imply that the trade agent will give us all the info - which saves a massive amount of (rather dull, it must be said) crawling over all the exterior of each station.

I hope you can follow that :roll:

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 14:13

To be sure to have all trade, I assume you must have the commercial software installed so when you approach a station, even without going for any "i" point, you get all trades available... that plus a trade agent on every station, you get all info everywhere...

The only add you get by flying every "i" point of a station is to get additionnal discount for a limited time on that station...

Hope I'm clear... :roll:
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 14:40

Rug wrote:To get all the available trade deals, we used to have to scan all of the (i) points of a station. If we just get a trade agent (without scanning the (i) points) does he/she provide all the deals info ? Or only relating to the (i) parts we have actually visited once ? It is not clear to me ...
Forget the (i) symbols :) I never bothered with them. Maybe I randomly got a few of them, but never on purpose.
all you have to do is to dock at a station, find a trader, and wait until he says something.
Then aim at him and click, select the option "smalltalk", and if you play right, you can select a reward... For example trade offer updates.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”