[MOD] [WIP] ETNO Chronicles (New Mod news avaliable - 13/05/11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:14

When I click on the link to download the tech demo/pre-alpha it says that the connection has timed out and that there is a problem loading the page.
hhmm... That's weird, because if I click on the link, the download starts.

You could try "right click" and "save link as...". If this doesn't work, I will set up an additional dl spot.

Greetings Flippi
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:40

Hello

First: sorry to hear that this MOD will never become stable.
Second: download are working for me and I've downloaded this ETNO-chronicles tech-demo.

Third:
You should know that there IS NO English tfiles for this MOD (well there are some - only two of them were translated) so if you start new game in other language then Deutsch - the game will stuck for ever. My knowledge of Goethe language are close to none, so I will not play that MOD.
Once more sorry to hear that your MOD never reached release or even RC stage.
Good luck in real life - maybe in future you will come back and end this interesting project or even expand it more, much much more. :D

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:52

Third:
You should know that there IS NO English tfiles for this MOD (well there are some - only two of them were translated) so if you start new game in other language then Deutsch - the game will stuck for ever. My knowledge of Goethe language are close to none, so I will not play that MOD.
Yeah i saw, that we haven't implemented several textfiles for the english version (3 of them are missing). I will upload a hotfix, so you can have atleast german texts.

To this "stucking" Problem. That "lag" you will face on an gamestart is normal. God just get killed, and that may take a while :) . At the start, every station will get deleted and replaced, so god has no power on them. You need to wait between 1 to 5 minutes (depends on your system) until the map is "completed".

I am glad that atleast some people want to look at the mod.

Edit: I edited my upper post for the hotfix.

Greetings Flippi

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:08

Hello

Thanks, but there is no need to create them for me (others may however need them) I have create them by myself to check how this MOD look like. My game without those tfiles "Stuck" for ever (I waited 10 min. before kill the process), but with them game was ready to use almost instantly.
Like I wrote before for now I will not play this MOD, but when I get some time I will translate that files for me (google translator + dictionaries english-deutsch, and polsko-niemiecki) but this will take a lot of time (from foreign languages I know only English and Italiano a little bit).

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:30

Thanks, but there is no need to create them for me (others may however need them) I have create them by myself to check how this MOD look like. My game without those tfiles "Stuck" for ever (I waited 10 min. before kill the process), but with them game was ready to use almost instantly.
Thanks for the information. This is a bug I never faced before (well, we were mostly german speaking, so we used the german gameversion :roll: ).
Like I wrote before for now I will not play this MOD, but when I get some time I will translate that files for me (google translator + dictionaries english-deutsch, and polsko-niemiecki) but this will take a lot of time (from foreign languages I know only English and Italiano a little bit).
Most things to translate are names and descriptions for our sectors, wares, ships and so on. Only on rare occasions, you will get some information from the game you may need (stationtrader, Xenon Hacker script, Sector nebula effects etc.). But yeah, this modi takes a lot of time, either to modify it, test it or check it out for interesting stuff.

Greetings Flippi

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 23:22

I still can't download it; I tried several internet browsers but still nothing. I know that my ISP does not like foreign domains, so any mirrors would be appreciated.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 14:17

I still can't download it; I tried several internet browsers but still nothing. I know that my ISP does not like foreign domains, so any mirrors would be appreciated.
Ok I uploaded the files on freakshare.

Link to the Techdemo.

Link to the Hotfix.

I hope that these Links will work :) .

Greetings Flippi

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 19:15

Thanks for the freakshare links, I was able to download both of the files without any issues. :D
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 19:32

Thanks for the freakshare links, I was able to download both of the files without any issues. Very Happy
I am glad it worked :D .

Gruß Flippi

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”