[SCRIPT] Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 15:35

As I can see, this script is unmaintained for four years now. Is it really so perfect or are there some issues but the author lost interest in this?

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 03:12

Well, I know that this hasn't been touched in a long time, but I've tried several things to get this to work, and thusfar have had no success.

Basically I have XRM with a lot of extra things stuffed in.
Complex cleaner, XRM, MARS, SMART (the one for AP) as a backup (seems to be better on fighters), FDN, Banksing, and I had ADS working fine, then one day... it just stopped working. I think I added DDSCv2 (sp?) around that time, and it worked fine.

Now the base ADS command doesn't work. All the commands appear to work, but fighters will not be launched. I can't figure it out to save my life.

Pretty much will ahve to re-install X3ap, and all the mods if I can't get it to work right.
Is there something that I can do to recover it and get ADS working again, or am I just plain boned?
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Tue, 26. May 15, 15:34

ADS add automatic/create automatic wingmans or need you to create them?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 27. May 15, 00:35

GDI-BOSS wrote:ADS add automatic/create automatic wingmans or need you to create them?
ADS automatically builds the wings when you issue an order that requires them.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 30. May 15, 09:42

I've never had a problem with ADS and the various other scripts installed..

although, with ADS, DCS v1, Improved Races, ring of fire and both Kha'aak Invasions and improved Kha'aak 2, building you HQ in a Pirate sector can lead to some very intense combats that will make the "war" seem tame in comparison, especially if you allow the AI to use both ADS AND DCS v1

(my small squadron of 5 m2's, the HQ and laser tower array did hold it's own against both the waves of pirate race response and the Kha'aak invasion - the poor Kha'aak did not have a chance, but the concentric rings of towers did suffer some losses, My HQ never saw an enemy ship close enough for it to be targeted... it did bog the system a bit before I upgraded to the i5)

It was cool to see the cap ships pop in to defend the sector from the Kha'aak, the inadvertently take out the pirate base sparking the race response by the pirates..... there appeared that there was going to be no end of combat for the ADS ships to stand down...

I just sat back in my little m3 (well inside the laser tower defensive ring) and watched for 3 solid hours of drone/missile carnage... after the first hour, the cap ships moved beyond the tower defenses and was hammering all comers with equal abandon.

the M2's were a Warcry (Gorg Battleship from the Jorkin page) and 4 Followers (Gorg cruiser, also from the jorkin site) set to formation and defend the Warcry, all set to be the ADS wing with the HQ as command

Newtothisforum123

Re: [SCRIPT] Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1 - [2010-08-13]

Post by Newtothisforum123 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 14:27

Hey guys. I am trying to install this on AP, latest version.

However there is this x2script.xsl file which needs to be overwritten. Since its AP it is in the X3TC\addon folder.

This script was written for TC - at that time the x2script.xsl file was different from the one in AP (different size, different code). For TC the size and code is the same as intended, I guess... but for AP its a totally different code.

It's said to be compatible based on the comments taken from this forum, but I am afraid to use it as it changes things that AP in its x2script.xsl file has added.. it's of a much larger size.

Is it safe to use this and what does this x2script.xsl file actually do?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:01

The x2script.xsl only provides the interpretation code for the browser view of scripts. That means if you double click on a script file, it will open in a readable format in your internet browser, if the the x2script.xsl file is present in the same folder as that script. It has absolutely no impact on any scripting feature in the game. So you can simply ignore it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Newtothisforum123

Post by Newtothisforum123 » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 13:21

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:01
The x2script.xsl only provides the interpretation code for the browser view of scripts. That means if you double click on a script file, it will open in a readable format in your internet browser, if the the x2script.xsl file is present in the same folder as that script. It has absolutely no impact on any scripting feature in the game. So you can simply ignore it.
Thank you very much for enlightening me.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”