[Ship] USC Ithica (M0)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 17:35

Cellsafemode, This is kero3189. I shifted my email on the kero3189 account and made this one since i'm actively taking part in the community now. I set that other account up for a game issue i had a long time ago and didnt do anything with it. I'll be moving all this information over to a new topic and discontinuing this one. I'll have the Alpha build up with turrets here soon (so you can actually kill things with the ship). I dont know much about XRM I do know if your having issues with loading the ship or getting the ship to render PM me and I'll try and patch a dummy file for you so your able to get the ship in game.

cellsafemode
x4

Post by cellsafemode » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 02:18

Shadow Doctor K wrote:Cellsafemode, This is kero3189. I shifted my email on the kero3189 account and made this one since i'm actively taking part in the community now. I set that other account up for a game issue i had a long time ago and didnt do anything with it. I'll be moving all this information over to a new topic and discontinuing this one. I'll have the Alpha build up with turrets here soon (so you can actually kill things with the ship). I dont know much about XRM I do know if your having issues with loading the ship or getting the ship to render PM me and I'll try and patch a dummy file for you so your able to get the ship in game.

from what i understand with xrm, the main issue with adding additional ships is that many new ships utilize some kind of id key...and since xrm adds tons of new ships, most independent new ships are taking the place of a id key that is already in use. My terminology isn't correct here because i haven't really dived into it, but the gist should be correct. Aside from that, as long as the ship is big enough, the other changes xrm makes such as changing the sizes of certain wares like jump drives wont hinder or hurt the ship.

I dont have much experience manually playing with mods with X3. I do program though. I used to do a lot of work with vegastrike. I retrofitted the whole collision detection system in that game engine. So i dont think having to manually shoe horn in a ship will be a show stopper for me.

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 04:13

Whoa, slow down before you crack your fingers and recreate a game =P

So the ID is the ID from the TShips file. It wouldn't be hard to add the ship as all i would have to do is copy over the entry from the old tships to the XRM tships add the text to the language file and link them. After that the rest will take care of it self as long as i dont change file paths and what not. Let me know if you want to learn to do that.

You'll start with a program called X3 Editor 2.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 06:08

DrBullwinkle wrote:There appears to be a minor bug in the XRM dummies file that prevents the Plugin Manager from merging .xsp's with XRM.

You would have to either fix the dummies file or manually merge any new ships. It is not impossible, but you have to understand how all of the pieces of a new ship fit into the game.
IF you read further along in that thread, Cycrow seemed to have figured out the problem and fixed it so that it wouldn't bother PM anymore. Not sure if he included that fix in the current version. Given the date he posted the beta, and the date of the latest PM release, I want to assume that he did include it.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 07:46

Nobody has posted a confirmation, so I would not assume anything. And I do not think that the Plugin Manager has been updated since v1.47 (July 2012). The "beta" updater was posted in December of that year.

Somebody has to try it and report.
  • Just going by that thread, the bug appears to be in XRM's dummies file anyway, because somebody else mentioned not being able to edit it in X3Editor.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 11:14

Hello

Well I looked at dummies.txt from XRM and I think paul repaired it because X3editor2 don't report any error. I also open it in notepad++ and there is no empty line reported in thread you posted.
Also:

Code: Select all

SDTYPE_ANIMATED;47;
changed to

Code: Select all

SDTYPE_ANIMATED;42;
I wish you HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 22:41

I can confirm that you can now install XSP ships into XRM.

I just tried it by copying my 'vanilla' XRM installation with only the cheat script installed and setup Plugin Manager with that and installed a Star Trek Defiant class ship. It worked just fine, all the turrets and weapons worked.

I did need to start a new game after installing the first ship but I saved that and loaded an additional XSP ship (Draymen Transport from Wing Commander), loaded the save with the Defiant in it and the Drayman worked fine as well.

Might need more testing to make sure everything else is working though.

Reido

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 22:46

Cool.

And did you have to install the beta update from the thread linked above?

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 00:09

I used v1.47 dated 24/07/2012 as read in the 'Help' > 'About' menu, so no beta update was applied it's the version listed on the first page of the Plugin Manager thread.

Update: I did some further testing and while XSP ships do show up and apparently work OK in XRM, you can't dock any ships (even fighters) at factories or use external docking points on ships (I tried standard XRM ships to test docking), so I guess XSP ships for XRM are still a "no go". I started a new game between tests and as soon as you remove all XSP ships then docking returns to normal.

Reido

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 03:52

Alright guys, I have downloaded this ship in the hopes of using it, but I have found that it does not work. I even renamed the files as said in the install directions, I renamed them to 00, and still, the ship does not show up in the script editor ship list. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong so I may correct it?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 09:39

The installation instructions tell you to rename the cat/dat files to the highest number + 1. The base X3TC game in the latest version has 13 cat/dat pairs. So the correct number would already be 14, provided you don't have any other mods installed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 14:39

I am guessing the original maker is no longer working on this as there has been no updates etc for a long time. Has anyone else worked on this to turn it into a more functional vessel?

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 11:06

I should of been a little more clear, by functional I mean that it has a full working scene file that includes engines, turrets and docking bays?

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 14:08

I'm guessing that no one has taken this further and as such have had a go at trying to do it myself for my own current game. However I have no experience of working with scene files and as such it becomes somewhat confusing.

I have had a look at some of the basic tutorials listed but they only seem to be applicable when using the specific ship type mentioned. I am guessing things like ordinals etc are to determine object placement on the ship model etc.

Is trying to turn this basic hull into a full functioning ship going to require me to start using things like 3d max and editing a visual object or can it all be done through the editing of the scene files text? Whichever the way is there a more comprehensive tutorial around that would allow me to develop this hull into a working vessel?

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 05:37

Depends on what you want to achieve...

If you want to make it larger or smaller, use 3DS Max to edit the actual BOB-based models...

OR,

If you just want to add a number of main weapons, turrets, external ports [such as TS-TP-TM freighters and usually M6/M8 gunships], internal M3-M4-M5 docking bays, or even add some blip lightings, then edit the corresponding 'scene' file using either simple Notepad or Notepad++...

Either way, you need the X3-Editor to extract both the models and the scene files...

[In my MOD-ding experience, when editing the scene files, you can edit it on the fly [via ALT+TAB, ie. jump back to desktop], as long as you have some scripts to spawn the ship you want to edit, while editing models require you to shutdown the game and starting it up again for its changes to take effect in-game]

Hope this helps,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 11:57

For some reason I am not getting any results when just editing the scene file, no doubt I am doing something wrong just not sure what yet.

I have the scene file extracted and converted to .bod, I am so far just trying to throw in an engine to get an idea of placement points etc.
P 5; B effects\engines\fx_engine_emitter; N Beffects\engines\fx_engine_emitter; b // idx 5
{ 0x2002; 0; -1832; -1176342; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

P 6; B effects\engines\fx_engine_killerog_whiteblue_huge1; C 28673; N Beffects\engines\fx_engine_killerog_whiteblue_huge1_28673b; b // idx 6
{ 0x2002; 0; 0; -3000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0
Just a quick example of the engine part, this is using things from another mod so I am not sure if I should be putting all this ships scene stuff into that other mod so it can find things like the engine parts or not?

Finally I am not sure how I should have the files set for editing on the fly with ALT-TAB. Should I have a new folder set "Objects/Ships/USC" and have the .bod file in there which I edit each time and tab out. Or can I leave the file in the main CAT package? Either way should I leave the file as a .bob or .bod? I am assuming a .bod is fine as I cannot edit a .bob without converting first anyway?

Thanks for any help.

Phraggah
x3ap

Post by Phraggah » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 01:39

feygan wrote:For some reason I am not getting any results when just editing the scene file, no doubt I am doing something wrong just not sure what yet.

I have the scene file extracted and converted to .bod, I am so far just trying to throw in an engine to get an idea of placement points etc.
P 5; B effects\engines\fx_engine_emitter; N Beffects\engines\fx_engine_emitter; b // idx 5
{ 0x2002; 0; -1832; -1176342; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

P 6; B effects\engines\fx_engine_killerog_whiteblue_huge1; C 28673; N Beffects\engines\fx_engine_killerog_whiteblue_huge1_28673b; b // idx 6
{ 0x2002; 0; 0; -3000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0
Just a quick example of the engine part, this is using things from another mod so I am not sure if I should be putting all this ships scene stuff into that other mod so it can find things like the engine parts or not?

Finally I am not sure how I should have the files set for editing on the fly with ALT-TAB. Should I have a new folder set "Objects/Ships/USC" and have the .bod file in there which I edit each time and tab out. Or can I leave the file in the main CAT package? Either way should I leave the file as a .bob or .bod? I am assuming a .bod is fine as I cannot edit a .bob without converting first anyway?

Thanks for any help.
Typically you don't add the FX itself into the scene. Rather, you just make as many FX emitters as you want there to be and define what effect they use in the tships file. If you're using Xeditor2, it'll be under the "model" tab of your ship, as Engine Effect. The number here corresponds to the effect number in Effects.txt, where the data for the actual effect is stored.

In other words, it looks like you need to replace fx_engine_killerog_whiteblue_huge1 in your scene file with another fx_emitter, and in your tships define the effect you want as the number for killerog_whiteblue_huge1.

Also, for editing keep everything as bod. Bob is the same thing but compressed for filesize like a zip archive. Typically you wait until you actually release the mod to convert the bod to a bob. I'm not sure what you're asking about the filestructure though. I don't think the game will reload assets unless you restart it, so I'm not sure what you mean by on-the-fly? The game the game has two bodyfiles of the same name and path, one in the filestructure and one in a CAT, it should take priority over the one in the filestructure, if that's what you mean.

hth

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 09:47

To clarify posters above mentioned that you can simply alt-tab out of the game and then edit a scene file. Then go back to the game and cheat in a new ship which will now make use of the new scene file. This way I can make changes without having to completely restart the game after each and ever change.

This is the part I am having issue with as I do not know where I should have the bod file so that the game reads it "on the fly" as opposed to a full game restart for recognising a new game resource.

Aseron
x4

Post by Aseron » Sat, 14. May 16, 07:36

How many guns do you plan on giving it? And looking at those massive propulsion units, i would wager it has a maxed top speed of maybe 70-100 m/s except massively slow acceleration. I could take 0.01 m/s/s acceleration if it meant a top speed of over 100 for a thing that size. can i assume that it will have something on the order of Hive Queen Tier shielding? It would have to to make up for it being such an easy thing to hit. Lastly, there have been many glitches with big ships and gates. It would be helpful for the sake of practicality if it had a diameter no larger (but preferable smaller) than a jump gate. I really hate having to use the Aran to get a Valhalla anywhere, and having something comparable with vastly superior tactical maneuverability would prompt me to spend something on the order of 300 million creds at a terran shipyard to get my hands on it. Best wishes on finishing the behemoth :)

Cheers!

Sincerity
x4

Re: [Ship] USC Ithica (M0)

Post by Sincerity » Sun, 7. Oct 18, 20:53

Link dead,autor please update, or someone who have repost new link, please.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”