[MOD] [WIP] ETNO Chronicles (New Mod news avaliable - 13/05/11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

makaveli61
xr

Post by makaveli61 » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 19:46

Abend.
Ich dachte ich Frage mal nach wie es voran Geht mit dem MOD?
Arbeitet man noch daran?
Würde mich über Infos Freuen.

mfg. :roll:

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Mon, 18. Mar 13, 12:00

Well, (I'll answer in English because this is the English topic)

we still are working on the modification. Due to some problems with the time management we now have decided to change a few things.
The biggest difference probably is that ETNO will now be based on Albion Prelude instead of Terran Conflict because AP just has got a lot of useful features we now don't have to develop any more.
Unfortunately due to Real Life problems many members of our team don't have as much as time as in our first years and because we moved to AP we have to recreate a lot of the stuff.
Plenty of it already is functional again so we hope that we can release in time though a certain date of course is impossible to schedule.

Thanks for not forgetting us and sorry for the long time without any vital sign!

Greetings
Glumski, on behalf of the ETNO Mod

(Also sorry for the awkward phrasing. English's not my first language.)

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sun, 12. May 13, 22:35

So, how's the mod coming along?
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Wed, 15. May 13, 22:49

Unfortunately not too great.
We currently have quite a lot of problems with real life and some of the team's members completely dropped out.
To decrease the amount of work needed for completing a first playable version we now changed to Albion Prelude. This of course also creates a few new tasks.
The mod isn't dead though. We still are determined to finish this thing, even if there won't be all major features in the very first version.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 20:10

Any update(s) on the mod? Just checking since it's been a few months. :)

Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 19:12

Unfortunately no.
Well, actually yes. We won't make it. Real life just hit too hard and our main developers don't have any time to spend on the project. We're trying to wrap it up nicely somehow but I don't think there will be an alpha (or anything else for that matter).

Sorry to disappoint all you guys.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 20:10

Thanks for the update.

That's too bad, but at least you guys took the time to try anyway.

Good luck IRL.

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 19:11

Hi Folks.

Because this mod won't ever be completed, I have the unthankful task to release our remaining work. Please consider, that this is an "pre Alpha", although I would call it Tech Demo. The Download contains german and some english language files, but Readtext Error may be occur. I am not sure how far we were with an translation. We didn't have much to translate at that point of development (mainly ship-, station- and sectornames and -descriptions).

So, what does this Mod offer?

In the following download, you will find our TC Version of our mod. The AP Version does not use many scripts, which are the main part of this mod. You will find several things, that you won't find in any other project knwon to me.

Parts are:

-Custom Production System for shipyards, producing ships and stations. They have an storage big enogh to create huge fleets or build masses on stations. And if they ran out of these things, they start producing with masses of ressources.
-Second Hand ship dealer. You can't sell your captured ships on "normal" shipyards, so we introduced this stationtype.
-God free map. He is dead, deal with it.
-Mod specific ships, like the ETNO ones, or the Split Rebel ships. Mod specific Carrier with an additional M8 only Dock. M8 now can start and land from Carriers (except the "Vanilla" Carriers, because we haven't touch those).
-Sectorwide Anomalies, which can drain your shields, or increase them. There are several other effects for more Difficulty in Exploring.
-Huge Map with est. 370 Sectors.
-Complete overhaul of the fight Balance. It's something completely different from vanilla or some other mods.
-Everything was created, so that the AI could also use these things. Examples are CPS or the Second Hand ship Dealer, which were intented to be used from the AI and the player together.
-and many more things.

Now you may be asking: "Why didn't you release this earlier?" Simple answer: This Mod does have Bugs, and things that I consider to work "too well". Additionally, our team didn't manage to get some crucial scripts ready, like the trading AI or many other things. Some of our ships have Problems like not working turrets and so on.

The Terms of Use:

You are free to use this mod and parts of it for your own private game, but at the moment, I can not generally allow other projects to use stuff from our mod. The reason for this: I have lost contact to most of our Members, and we have several Things from other Modders in this project.

I don't know, if some of our Scripters want their scripts to be released for other projects or not. So, if you want to have parts of our mod in your own public project, please ask here in this thread. There are parts, which can be used from everyone in their project, but I need to know, what you want to use.

Things we used from other Modders. Please note, that these List is created from my Memory. Most of those things were implemented long before I was part of the team. And our Forum did crash several months ago, so it is hard to give exact information:

-X2 Ships from killerog. We used an version from 2009 or so. It's hard to tell, but these ships are from him.
-spacefueladdicts Sectorbackgrounds. Atleast I got told that our backgrounds were from him.
-SunBlades Bod. At the moment, I don't know, if we use his Bod, or if we do have an own created one.
-u24j7x5 gave us several ships to use.
-Lucike's scripts were an inspiration in some of our work, so I write him down here.
-And maybe other modders. Again, this mod was created in 2009, so some things are hard to tell. But as far as I know, the old team did ask the creators of those mods. And u24j7x5 were part of the starter team.

Download: ETNO Chronicles Tech Demo

Textfile hotfix: Link

To Install:

-Donwload rar.
-Exctract rar.
-Put the extracted files in your game folder.
-???
-Profit!

Notes to compatibility:

You should use an vanilla TC game, with the latest game version. You should not install, or atleast use the bonus pack. Those Scripts may create bugs. Every Trading Script won't work properly, because we don't use "magic" as money, but "real ingame money" as money. Stations can run out of those, so your "normal" trading stuff will create some problems.

Other mods are not compatible. We changed nearly every file in this game. Scripts like CODEA, MARS or others should work, as long as they don't start to buy, sell, or do other trading related stuff.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I try to answer them as good as possible.

Greetings Flippi
Last edited by Flippi on Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 23:22

Things we used from other Modders. Please note, that these List is created from my Memory. Most of those things were implemented long before I was part of the team. And our Forum did crash several months ago, so it is hard to give exact information:
I might have some things to add. Just like Flippi I might not remeber everything and there probably is some stuff that we actually don't use in the latest version.
- Sectorbackgrounds by realspace. I'm not sure if he worked with spacefueladdict; he is in my memory though.
- models by DeadlyDa and balogt.

Please note that all these ressources were used with permission by the respective authors.

I guess that might be everything. As Flippi already said development of this mod has pretty much stopped for some time now and most of the key members have abandoned this. A lot of things went wrong and mistakes have been made but I, along with the remaining members of the ETNO Mod Team, hope that somebody might have a use for this. A lot of time went into creating this mod and a lot of features have already been implemented; features that I have not seen in any other modification out there.
If you want to use some parts of this for your private game, well, nobody is going to stop you. We unfortunately don't have contact to the creators of the models and scripts any more and it would be unfair to just hand over the rights to everything they created without their consent.

I hope this finds some use. I'm very sorry that we didn't complete this and that we might have disappointed some of you. I deeply regret it but chances that work will be continued is virtually zero.

Salutations
Glumski

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 17:42

When I click on the link to download the tech demo/pre-alpha it says that the connection has timed out and that there is a problem loading the page.

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:14

When I click on the link to download the tech demo/pre-alpha it says that the connection has timed out and that there is a problem loading the page.
hhmm... That's weird, because if I click on the link, the download starts.

You could try "right click" and "save link as...". If this doesn't work, I will set up an additional dl spot.

Greetings Flippi

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:40

Hello

First: sorry to hear that this MOD will never become stable.
Second: download are working for me and I've downloaded this ETNO-chronicles tech-demo.

Third:
You should know that there IS NO English tfiles for this MOD (well there are some - only two of them were translated) so if you start new game in other language then Deutsch - the game will stuck for ever. My knowledge of Goethe language are close to none, so I will not play that MOD.
Once more sorry to hear that your MOD never reached release or even RC stage.
Good luck in real life - maybe in future you will come back and end this interesting project or even expand it more, much much more. :D

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 13:52

Third:
You should know that there IS NO English tfiles for this MOD (well there are some - only two of them were translated) so if you start new game in other language then Deutsch - the game will stuck for ever. My knowledge of Goethe language are close to none, so I will not play that MOD.
Yeah i saw, that we haven't implemented several textfiles for the english version (3 of them are missing). I will upload a hotfix, so you can have atleast german texts.

To this "stucking" Problem. That "lag" you will face on an gamestart is normal. God just get killed, and that may take a while :) . At the start, every station will get deleted and replaced, so god has no power on them. You need to wait between 1 to 5 minutes (depends on your system) until the map is "completed".

I am glad that atleast some people want to look at the mod.

Edit: I edited my upper post for the hotfix.

Greetings Flippi

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:08

Hello

Thanks, but there is no need to create them for me (others may however need them) I have create them by myself to check how this MOD look like. My game without those tfiles "Stuck" for ever (I waited 10 min. before kill the process), but with them game was ready to use almost instantly.
Like I wrote before for now I will not play this MOD, but when I get some time I will translate that files for me (google translator + dictionaries english-deutsch, and polsko-niemiecki) but this will take a lot of time (from foreign languages I know only English and Italiano a little bit).

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 14:30

Thanks, but there is no need to create them for me (others may however need them) I have create them by myself to check how this MOD look like. My game without those tfiles "Stuck" for ever (I waited 10 min. before kill the process), but with them game was ready to use almost instantly.
Thanks for the information. This is a bug I never faced before (well, we were mostly german speaking, so we used the german gameversion :roll: ).
Like I wrote before for now I will not play this MOD, but when I get some time I will translate that files for me (google translator + dictionaries english-deutsch, and polsko-niemiecki) but this will take a lot of time (from foreign languages I know only English and Italiano a little bit).
Most things to translate are names and descriptions for our sectors, wares, ships and so on. Only on rare occasions, you will get some information from the game you may need (stationtrader, Xenon Hacker script, Sector nebula effects etc.). But yeah, this modi takes a lot of time, either to modify it, test it or check it out for interesting stuff.

Greetings Flippi

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”