[GAMESTART] Pirate Starts now AP compatible (V1.30 - 04/01/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aalleexx11

Post by aalleexx11 » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 18:14

thx for help but it won´t work x.x

the files in the folder X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods are called TSOG-AP-Missions.cat/.dat

when i select mods on the settings screen shows up a window
there is a line called: TSOG-AP-Missions but i can´t select a enable/disable nothing happend when i click on it

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 05:22

If you are already running a mod from the mods list, then that's all you can run from there is one mod at a time. But, the way around that is to run the TSOG AP as a "Fake Patch".

Just copy the .cat and .dat to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\ folder then rename them to the next highest number for instance;

you look in 'X3 Terran Conflict\addon\' and you see the following listed;
01.cat
01.dat
02.cat
02.dat
03.cat
03.dat

you would rename the mod filts to 04.cat & 04.dat and copy them to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\ folder where the files listed above are found.
Then when you run the game it loads each consecutively numbered file in order, and so loads the mod.

I would like to add that with the newest version of X3AP the TSOG mission are really kinda unnecessary, most of the toys given to the player are in the new Terran missions already in the game. And, I wouldn't recommend using two Headquarters, it will probably screw up your game. What I need to do is change the TSOG missions to give different items as rewards, then they could be played with out any ill side affects.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Verminaard007

Post by Verminaard007 » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 21:09

I've tried installing this for 3 hours, I cannot get it to work. I got pirate guild AND yaki armada 2 both done in under 15minutes. However this one will just not work for me. They're recommended to work together yet I'm having no luck :(

Any ideas what may be wrong? I've tried SOOOOOO many ways of interpreting your posts and read this whole thread at least 6 times over and tried huge ammounts of different ways to fix it. I don't know where I'm making the mistake(s).

I've set my hopes for a false patch. as the add on auto install doesn't
work either.

Info:

currently i have it set at:
Addon is 04 and 04.dat
addon/mods is piratestartv1.30.dat and piratestartv1.30

I've tried 04.cat, 04.dat, 14.cat, 14.dat, piratestartv1.30.04.cat, .dat, etc..

Addon (before Pirate start is at 03.dat)
addon/mod (before pirate start is blank)

I'm completely stuck, if someone could give me a example one I'd be so happy.

are each folders the same? different? etc? Am I missing a folder, or does putting it in one too many cancel it?

I've tried with and without the AP patch for pirate start, neither work for me. I've tried with the site mod manager thing. My best results are manual installs.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful,
Verm[/b]

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 22:55

Install folder should be:

(Where ever you have Steam installed)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon

In this folder you should see 01.cat & 01.dat up to 03.cat & 03.dat

Providing no other mods are installed as 'false patches', if other mods are installed there could be more, like 04.cat & 04.dat or higher than that even.

If you rename the file titled 'piratestartv1.30.cat' & 'piratestartv1.30.dat' and place them here the must be the next higher number in consecutive order.

i.e. - if yours has a 03.cat & 03.dat as the highest numbered pair, then you must use 04 for the next CAT & DAT pair. Skipping a number, like going to 05 in this case, will absolutely not work.

Also, you will have to start a new game to be able to start as a pirate.

If this doesn't help, could you take a screen capture of Windows Explorer viewing the above mentioned folder, may give me a little insight as to what is or is not installed. And, I could be a little more specific as to what the files need to be renamed to exactly.

EDIT: in setting it up like this, as a "False Patch", you DO NOT need the files in the "\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\mods" folder, Remove them and/or disable it in the "MODS" selection button when first starting the game. Not sure what that would do, but it may cause some type of conflict in the Space/Time continuum or something. Suffice to say it could have unwanted effects.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

nusscom
x3tc

Appreciation

Post by nusscom » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 02:07

TEKing66, just discovered X3 AP not too long ago. I love space games (Eve, Terminus, Privateer), especially the sandbox type. This game is amazing but all the more amazing with the addition of this Mod and Pirate Guilds, etc. Thank you so much for this. And also, I have read all the posts and thanks for your patience and support with your mod. Good on you!

One question - why do pirate weapons platforms seem to have it out for me off the bat when the stations near them don't mind me at all? Is this a glitch or a setting I need to fix?

Now if you will excuse me, I have an Argon base to raid.
nusscom

BarskiPatzow

Post by BarskiPatzow » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 11:09

I need help... which file do I need to download to install Pirate starts for AP? And is this compatible with XRM? tnx

Romulus017
x3ap

Post by Romulus017 » Wed, 11. Sep 13, 02:46

Running X3AP XRM myself and cant seem to get the starts to show up in the list, goning to assume its not XRM compadible?

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 20:36

I think its the wrong link, Here is the description

With Egosoft's release of V2.5 for X3AP this mod is really kinda of defunct, In the future is may be reworked so as to not give the player some of the items that The Egosoft Terran plot now gives, mainly the Player Headquaters.

What would the pirate starts have to do with the player HQ?
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

snsmr2351
x3tc

Wrong link

Post by snsmr2351 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 18:47

The link for AP is wrong. If you follow the link then click on his email address it will back out to his main page. Then you can click throught and find the correct download.

Hellfire_Daemon
x3tc

Re: Appreciation

Post by Hellfire_Daemon » Mon, 14. Apr 14, 13:29

nusscom wrote:TEKing66, just discovered X3 AP not too long ago. I love space games (Eve, Terminus, Privateer), especially the sandbox type. This game is amazing but all the more amazing with the addition of this Mod and Pirate Guilds, etc. Thank you so much for this. And also, I have read all the posts and thanks for your patience and support with your mod. Good on you!

One question - why do pirate weapons platforms seem to have it out for me off the bat when the stations near them don't mind me at all? Is this a glitch or a setting I need to fix?

Now if you will excuse me, I have an Argon base to raid.
I have the same issue, random pirates and pirate orbital weapons platforms have me foed. Any idea why?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome mod and great fun, just wondering if I've made some silly error.

Paddyy
x3ap

Post by Paddyy » Fri, 2. May 14, 17:04

I guess this Mod doesn't work with the current 3.1 Version of AP?

Installed it on a fresh AP 3.1 install. Used Plugin Manager and the german version of the game.

Only have the regular starts listed.
When I go to custom starts, it lists only 1 entry: "X Universe".

I'm currently downloading the english files of the game. Maybe this helps.

Nope, still no custom starts.

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 17:31

Hi there,

does anyone know a still working download link (ZIP "copy & paste") for AP?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 20:58

I'm also interested in this custom start scenario for X3: AP. Is there a tutorial for creating these start scenarios?

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 05:28

I only read the first and last few posts.... So I take it sometime between when the OP was last updated and now it's stopped working for AP?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 17:26

Several people (and the description on the author's code site) say that it is only compatible until v2.5 of X3: AP.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 23:51

Update: I just downloaded the X3: AP file from https://code.google.com/p/teking66s-ego ... 1.30AP.zip (the link in the first post here is wrong) and got it working with my X3: AP 3.1. I just started as a Yaki captain with some ships.

Maybe some plot problems may occur later, but at least this Yaki captain start is working quite fine. :)

Edit:
The other three starts are working as well.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 00:51

The AP copy for this mod should work with AP 3.0, since there has been no changes to game starts for a long time now.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”