[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 12:29

So, even after removing (I think) the known status to the starting sectors, Terran factories do not appear in the SCH list. Any idea concerning this ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 12:35

Shasslar wrote:So, even after removing (I think) the known status to the starting sectors, Terran factories do not appear in the SCH list. Any idea concerning this ?
I suggest we all gather in a circle, hold hands, and try to invoke Litcube for an answer.

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 13:40

Well there's 50/50 percent chance that we'll destroy the universe, but why not.

Litcube...
Litcube !
LITCUBE !

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 16:15

I have written in the main LU thread about the problem and Lit said that LUV is his priority right now so probably he won't help for a long time :(

Also Joubarbe I read previously that you had some gameplay experience with the terran start. I want to ask, do you play with the OCV enabled?
I ask this because I'm having certain problems with it and I'm only running your mod with LU. If you play with the are they expanding like they should?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 16:20

Alright, alright, alright.

Hold on.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 16:47

DeathBreath wrote:I have written in the main LU thread about the problem and Lit said that LUV is his priority right now so probably he won't help for a long time :(

Also Joubarbe I read previously that you had some gameplay experience with the terran start. I want to ask, do you play with the OCV enabled?
I ask this because I'm having certain problems with it and I'm only running your mod with LU. If you play with the are they expanding like they should?
I had some problems with a previous version of LU but it seems that it was "normal". I reset OCV (disable the option in the AL menu, wait for the magical sound, then re-enable it). Now it works ok.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 17:20

Cause of the SCH calculator issue:

Your adding argon complex construction kits to the Terran shipyard in Uranus.

Don't do that.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 17:22

Oh damn, that was a debug thing... Thank you Litcube !

EDIT : doesn't work... The CCkit has been removed and I still don't have anything in the SCH Calculator's list.

EDIT2: an EI is needed to fix the issue.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 14:43

The issue is caused because shipyards are not supposed to have any wares that don't belong to the maker race. This #@$%s up some tables in the engine. You can see a command in the galaxy editor that checks for shipyard validation, and it's been there since reunion.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 18:38

• Version 1.47 - 22/08/2014
  • Joubarbian Holy Book Chapter II Verse 7. : You will call this script XM-R from now on and for the rest of your life, for the Joubarbian Gods do not wish to be mistaken with other Divinities.
  • The Holy Loot Module has been updated. Jobs and t files are no longer modified by this module. That means less wares salvagers and a working FLC display line (it will show a number, but that will still be overwritten). But that also means a greater compatibility (I won't need to update the module every time LU is updated).
    To make this work properly : update LU and remove ...addon\types\Jobs.txt. Salvagers already in your game will be removed/replaced in your next E/I.
  • No more missions in LU new sectors.
  • "The Bridge" : the waves strength and military resources are now imported when using LU's EI feature. You still have to restart the plot from the beginning (except if it's completely finished).
  • "The Bridge" : orbital weapons platforms will be imported as well.
  • The loot bonus will only apply to sectors in which you have an active Peacekeeper (instead of any special station).
  • "Back To Business" now requires you to build a station for NPCs when a resource is missing. These stations will be exported if you use LU's EI feature.
  • Bug : all custom game starts come with at least 1 Perk Point.
  • Bug : the "Wealthy Freeman" custom game starts said that you have a TM, but you have in fact a Toukon (M6 in LU).
  • Bug : "Sabotage" : it was possible to dock at the pirate base.
  • Bug : after importing a game in which the player finished the plot "The Bridge", all player's stations and ships in conquered sectors were destroyed. (thanks to Raaaak for spotting this issue)
  • Bug : plot status and station reputations were not correctly imported.
  • Bug : Terran factories were not displayed in the SCH calculator. An E/I is needed to fix that.
  • Bug : it was possible to loot stuff from ships that crashed into your own factories.
  • Bug : when you uninstalled/reinstalled the script, workshop's equipments were still in player's ships.
The biggest noticeable change here is the modification of the "Back To Business" mission. Now it's like a Build Station mission, but will only be triggered when a station needs the resource. That way, you can help NPCs and the economy. I didn't test it in a real game, but I think it will influence enough the universe.
And the good news is that all these new NPC stations you build can be exported through LU's E/I thing.
Of course, these new stations will be fully compatible with all other features of XM-R (reputation, missions, etc.).

XBion
x3ap

Post by XBion » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 01:32

Hi Joub! it is normal that used ships of the same class generated by Golden Opportunity missions have various max speed? For example, i bought 3 Tempestines and the maximum speed they have: 161.4, 183.6 and 205.9

[ external image ]

this is my save https://www.dropbox.com/s/odsjuda2eve2ih0/X04.sav?dl=0
i use LU 1.3.4+XMR 1.46c, didn't try 1.47 yet

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 08:39

Hmm, funny ! The max speed is defined by these two lines :

Code: Select all

$MaxTuning = $UsedShip-> get max upgrades for upgrade {Engine Tuning}
= $UsedShip-> add $MaxTuning units of {Engine Tuning}
And as you can see, there is no obvious reason for this strange behavior (max upgrades should always be the same). Anyway, I find this issue quite cool actually ; it's really a used ship and you never know what you're gonna get :)

But I'll look into it, to check if things are not totally out of control.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] [X3AP/LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.47

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 09:14

Joubarbe wrote: [*] No more missions in LU new sectors.
Not sure if this was a fix to the report I made of a mission spawning in Unknown Sector Omega. If it was, it feels a bit OTT and will leave them feeling dead. If Omega cannot be excluded, I personally would prefer the previous behaviour and just be careful about what missions I took.

Without any kind of missions in the Omycron Channel sectors, there's little reason to go there and less to keep us there to begin to care about them. If/when the Channel system falls, we could still have missions spawn in classical systems owned by OCV.

RE: "XM-R". Not important but the reason I'd suggested "X-MR" was that the "-" in the title is after the "X".

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 09:36

These sectors are dead for me. Anyway, I don't know what to do because I never experimented very advanced OCV. In my opinion, having missions objectives spawn in OCV's sectors can be a mess, or at least very hard to manage. And excluding these sectors can lead to endless loops and game freezes...

Maybe it was a harsh decision, I need to play more to balance this. It will probably be reverted in the next version (with the possibility of objectives in Omega). Or maybe I could only allow some missions in these sectors. We'll see.

I prefer XM-R. It's "X Missions" before everything else, then "Reloaded". That was "XM" before.

And change your sig before the Joubarbian Gods punish you ! (look at my avatar, it's one of them ; scary, aren't they ?)

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 15:17

Some feedback.

LUV 1.3.2.2 + XM-R 1.47 + Trixx UI

I took quest "Back in business". A USC Food Factory L is needed in Heretic's End to be built.

I built it, but nothing is happening. I tried to contact Mosquito factory (which was not by default there - I built it as a vanilla quest before I installed XM-R) who ordered the build, but no avail.

I must say I have my Data Relay (and a beacon) there, if that's of some importance.

Beside that, is it possible to cancel/abort the quest?

http://i57.tinypic.com/104njhj.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/i5p1rt.png

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 15:37

You're supposed to have an option in your PMA : "give your station X to the station Y".

Please upload your savegame, I'm still with the 1.3.2.2 too.

(it's not possible to cancel any mission, except by doing an E/I ; that won't change, it's too much work to manage that)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 17:28

I'm sorry to announce that Back To Business is full of bugs... I was pretty sure it would work perfectly, but it's not.

Avoid it until I fix it.

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 19:13

Joubarbe wrote:You're supposed to have an option in your PMA : "give your station X to the station Y".

Please upload your savegame, I'm still with the 1.3.2.2 too.

(it's not possible to cancel any mission, except by doing an E/I ; that won't change, it's too much work to manage that)
Yes, sir. Would do it sooner, but had a problem with a net. It's raining dogs and cats here...

Here we are.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 19:22

Huh sorry, I don't need the savegame now that I know I screwed up everything in the latest update :)
See the changelog for details.

(not everything, just this damn Back To Business shit)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 24. Aug 14, 00:33

• Version 1.48 - 24/08/2014
  • Missions in LU's new sectors are back !
  • You need to unlock "Heroes Needed" to have access to "Back To Business" and the cost of the latter is now 6 instead of 3.
  • Now Back To Business works a bit differently : you are not asked to build a specific station, but any station that can produce the required resource. Also, only one "Back To Business" mission at a time can be triggered in the same sector, and stations of a specific sector will never ask twice for the same resource.
  • Bug : negative credits could be awarded after succeeding a mission (very rare).
  • Bug : "Back To Business" didn't work as intended (many bugs and imbalanced). Your old missions of this type will be removed, as well as in every stations.
I don't have much time to test it as much as I like to, and this Back To Business mission is harder than I thought to develop. Now it's supposed to be balanced and bug-free.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”