question about sat dish on stations and drones

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redwinds

question about sat dish on stations and drones

Post by redwinds » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 21:52

Hey all,

I am getting to the point where my stations are built up and now i have to by a sat dish. What is it used for? the description just says long range communication but nothing more specific. any details?

Also the drones you can buy for the Albion Skunk,
the beholder drones and the hacking drones ect. what are they used for?

the hacker drones play some sort of part in boarding, i know that much, but why would you want to hack a station if you can scan most if it anyways?

has anyone found uses for them?
-Redwinds

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 01:16

Sat dish increases the range of coms for the ships employed by the station, stuff to do with the way the manager communicate with them.

You can hack different modules and either to benefit yourself, like hacking storage modules so they drop wares than you can then pick up using one of your ships and sell/use or just incapacitate parts of the stations (sabotage). Other will help you in fights either by attacking or replenishing your shields, Traitor drone is a load of fun and allows you to place explosive charges than you can activate remotely. While I ignored them at the start now I am wishing there was more slots for drones, pretty useful stuff.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 10:39

Also, some drones are automatic.
All the URV drones are AI controlled. You will launch them, and they will automatically do stuff. While those ROVs are player controlled.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”