Fix MY fighters, *STILL UNSOLVED*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

darqen27
x3tc

Fix MY fighters, *STILL UNSOLVED*

Post by darqen27 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 18:37

Why can't someone make a mod that fixes the players AI fighters to manuever like the games AI fighters, IT IS SAD that they just fly out and stop in space and get shot at... grrrr
Last edited by darqen27 on Wed, 20. Aug 14, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
- Darqen Tasquenesk

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 18:46

you are doing something wrong.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 20:55

Try CODEA

Your fighters have pilots and ranks, the higher the rank the better they perform

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 21:16

No, you don't have to use any mods or scripts to "fix" your fighters. As vukica said, you're doing something wrong ; they're not supposed to stop in the middle of space.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 21:29

If you give them the command "attack my target" and it's killed, do they still stop dead in space and wonder what to do. Been so long since I played Vanilla.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 21:51

Well he is in the scipts and modding section and for using multiple fighters i find CODEA a good mod, only a suggestion

dont even need to keep throwing orders at them

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 21:56

Nemesis_87 wrote:Well he is in the scipts and modding section and for using multiple fighters i find CODEA a good mod, only a suggestion

dont even need to keep throwing orders at them
I am using codea, they literally fly out, pick a target and stop near that target and shoot stationary, "I" am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing, they however are crap

BTW, thanks for the informative sentence, you provided nothing other then telling me "I" am doing something wrong

EDIT: Also, my pilots, have not scored any kills, ever. according to the killboard anyways, I have seen them kill a couple targets but no one gets credit and no one gets promoted
I even managed to hire a few ensigns, and they still do the same thing, they launch, get near the target, stop dead in space and fire and move a little and stop and fire, and its just the same thing, no one flys better with higher ranks
- Darqen Tasquenesk

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 22:29

Have you got them to take training ect? i think you can turn off/on for promotions

also if you want a way to level them up set them to the patrol hanger for ahwhile or recon hanger seeing time on duty gives them the required experiance

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 22:38

Nemesis_87 wrote:Have you got them to take training ect? i think you can turn off/on for promotions

also if you want a way to level them up set them to the patrol hanger for ahwhile or recon hanger seeing time on duty gives them the required experiance
I just lost a bunch of heavy fighters in a test battle against a kha'ak cluster. they flew out and just stopped near the furball and tried to potshot, while stationary, and they got MURDERED.... so useless
- Darqen Tasquenesk

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 23:26

You need to reverify XTC or AP. Seems the attack script is messed up.
that is not normal behaviour for fighters, player or npc.
as far as i know they pretty much use the same rutines.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 23:36

Well, if Ur using codea are you also using the correct libary script? I remember forgetting it once and my fighters were all weird

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 23:47

Larxyz wrote:You need to reverify XTC or AP. Seems the attack script is messed up.
that is not normal behaviour for fighters, player or npc.
as far as i know they pretty much use the same rutines.
How should i do that?

Uninstall everything with the PIM and then verify?

You mean Befehlsbibliothek Libraries? Yeah those are in there

So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, and now the game is just weird, it says all the hotkeys for Codea were removed and even tho codea IS installed and I can access it from the combat menu there are no more hotkeys
- Darqen Tasquenesk

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 10:14

darqen27 wrote: BTW, thanks for the informative sentence, you provided nothing other then telling me "I" am doing something wrong
If CODEA works for so many other people perfectly first time, every time (after you get to grips with how to use it), then it stands to reason the problem is at your end. Either you are doing something wrong or you have a problem with your install.

To address the first part of an error on your part, the following things need to be checked. I will assume firstly that you have the correct equipment and have assigned pilots and then assigned fighters to carriers. If you have you will have a fighter that will look something like this.

INC Your Thor XXXX

If that is so then you need to check a few things:

1. Have fighters got weapons installed (not just in cargo).?
2. Has the carrier changed any armament settings for fighters and if so has it removed any weapons.?
3.Have the fighter turrets been set to do things correctly (attack enemies/missile defence etc)?
4.Have the fighters been assigned to correct wings (attack/interceptor etc)?
5.Are your fighters flying as part of the CODEA script or did you launch them manually (manually may be causing an interruption in the script)?

If all of the above is answered correctly then it is only logical that your problem must be an issue with the files or how your game is reading them, either you have missed a file or you have a corruption somewhere. A simple method procedure would have fixed your issue before you tried to blame the failings of your set up on a mod. But either way it is a problem at your end.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 10:27

How should i do that?

Uninstall everything with the PIM and then verify?

You mean Befehlsbibliothek Libraries? Yeah those are in there

So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, and now the game is just weird, it says all the hotkeys for Codea were removed and even tho codea IS installed and I can access it from the combat menu there are no more hotkeys
ok first things first,
which game is it that you are playing?

what i ment was verify the xtc or ap files in STEAM depending on which game you are playing?
If you are not using steam, which version of the game do you have? you can see this at the top of the launch window when y click the game icon.

....Befehlsbibliothek Libraries?
eh what?

try restarting the game, some mods goto have a restart after you do something like this to get working correctly again. Either that or you forgot to install for example the community hotkey thingy.
edit: (if it is required that is, i have no idea)

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 11:54

Post you question in the codea help page for specific help with CODEA (link below) Otherwise some responders may not be familair with the quirks of CODEA.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... start=1830
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 12:31

Problem is definitly at your end, that is not normal codea behavior. From what you wrote i assume you are using it right but it seems that your scripts are not working as they should. Backup your saves and reinstall the game with all your mods/scripts.
Also it would be very useful to list us what game you are playing and what mods/scripts you are using. Could be a conflict there.
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

darqen27
x3tc

*update*

Post by darqen27 » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 19:08

Did a complete uninstall of everything(Kept saves) and reinstalled and now nothing has changed
Last edited by darqen27 on Thu, 21. Aug 14, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
- Darqen Tasquenesk

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 19:11

*Obsolete*
Last edited by darqen27 on Thu, 21. Aug 14, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
- Darqen Tasquenesk

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 19:55

Okay, I guess i dont know what im doing, I've reinstalled the game, watched the files and done everything to make sure that anything that isnt supposed to be change, doesnt get changed

Fighters are still flying to the enemy, parking and shooting from a stationary position, all the while getting ANNIHILATED in the process, screenies for those who didnt believe me
http://i.imgur.com/jiRUMMa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qOGu2TC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3vxuECx.jpg

<Oversize images replaced with links. Alan Phipps.>

yeah, was wondering if they would do that..

So, I feel like I've missed giving some info

I am running X3 Terran Conflict Steam edition. scripts are

Codea/Military TP/Basic Salary
MARS 5.26
Bounce1.7
MK3 Trader Optimization

otherwise vanilla game.. Nothing game changing, just a couple helper scripts
- Darqen Tasquenesk

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 09:35

wow, thats a first that i've heard of.
try right clicking on TC in steam, then properties, then local files, then "verify integrity of game cache".
That will check if any of the files is broken.
(yea i know you reinstalled, but sometimes steam borks the job)

Is mars and codea compatible with eachother?... thats the only other reason i can think of for this behaviour. really, none of my fighters act like this...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”