Rise of Phanon LUV DiD

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

kaistern
x3ap

Rise of Phanon LUV DiD

Post by kaistern » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 12:18

Mods, rules and information

I am running Litcube's Universe Vanilla. As this is a very much evolving Mod, I will try to stay up to date with most recent patch however I may lag behind a couple of weeks just to make sure the kinks get worked out of any major patches.

Rules:

DiD - Execpt gate crashes, stupidity and bugs/glitches I might encounter.
I dont know of any other rules that I would need but if yall think of any just mention it... anything that would make it more intresting.

Cut Scenes - Any time you see [cut scene] [end cut scene] all of that content is out of game. Just me telling the story. Cut scenes will in no way change gameplay, they just add character and life to the story. In cut scenes I reserve the right to some measre of artistic licence. For example in the second part of the Prologue I land on Argon One, which isn't actually possible in the game, but this is just to advance the storyline and doesn't actually change gameplay at all. Anything not in cut scene should actually be do able in game.

EDIT3: Turns out I never remember to use it, meh it was a good idea

Start: Ultralite

Starting assets:
M5 Pegasus "Hermes"
-Fight Co. 1
-SETA
-4 IRE
-2 Mk shields
-136 m/s top speed
-Horrorable rudder
18000 credits.

Edit: Cut Scene info
Edit2: Added Pegasus Info
Last edited by kaistern on Wed, 1. Oct 14, 08:28, edited 3 times in total.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 12:20

Prologue
"What!" I yelled, "What do you mean it's all gone?" The lawyer sighed behind his desk, his face full of remorse. "I hate to tell you this, William, but the day before your father was killed he signed over his entire company to a Mr. Phanon." He shook his head slightly before continuing, "It's all very legal. I dont know what he was planning to do and now we will never know." My dad had been killed when a group of pirates open fired without warning on the Express that was ferrying him to a buissness meeting. A tragic accident the police called it. A bad case of wrong place, wrong time they called. "Isn't this a little coincidental?" I blurted out. My laywer shook his head again.

Carson Hornel was his name and he had been my fathers laywer for as long as I could remember. He was a very polite man, soft spoken when amongst friends but an iron halberd when it was needed. "It is very supicious. Normally your father would have had me, and two dozen other members of the company together before he made any kind of discision, and to turn every thing over to some someone no one had ever heard of? Completely unlike him. However, it is to late to do anything. As soon as Mr. Phanon had control of your father's assets he liquidated everything and then disapeared. I contacted the police, but they shrugged it off, told me that the case was already solved and the pirates brought to justice."
Silence blanketed the room for long minutes as my mind swirled in the deep sea of remorse. "What do I do now?" A stony look came over my lawyer's face, "The only asset you have left, the only thing that is in your name, is The Hermes, that Pegasus you father bought you when you passed your first flight test. Every thing else. every thing that was also in his name is gone."

My father had been a great man in my eyes. A war hero decorated for his achievements during the Terran Conflict. After the peace treaty had been signed he retired from the navy and started a trade empire. He did very well, every thing he invested in blossomed under his care. He had always been a fair businessman though, and I couldn't understand why anyone would have done this to him. I wasn't buy this "coincidence" story that the police kept singing.

A few days later I found my self sitting at a bar, a cold glass of foamy yellow liquid sat in my hands, at least that was what it was when I had ordered it. Now the still full glass was warm to the touch with no foam to be seen. I felt numb, the people around me seemed grey and animatronic as they pretended to laugh and care about one another's life. A TV in the corner briefly held my attention as it reported that communication had been lost with one of the new Omicron Channel sectors. My attention waned with a follow up from a top Argonian official assuring the public that it was just a problem with the communications relay and that communication would be restored shortly. A couple of my old racing buddies had tried to sit down next to me, but the conversation quickly grew stale and awkward. The only things we had ever had in common was racing. Racing had always been my one passion, and my father had always been my biggest supporter. But now it just reminded me of my father. My mind had not been idle these past few days. I had been going over everything that had happened, everything that was happening. I kept comming to one conclusion, there was no way that the pirate attack had been a chance occurance. A grim determination had been growing slowly in my heart turing fiery anger and overwhelming remorse into ice cold hatred. It was becoming clear to me that I only had one thing left to me.... Revenge.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 13:59

Looks interesting so far. What game are you in so I can add it to the proper place on the list.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 14:42

Awesome.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 06:44

I am running AP

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 09:22

Prologue

[Cutscene]

The Hermes was a sleek looking ship though that was about the only good thing I had to say about it. It was only a quarter a fast as the m5s I had flown in races, and maybe a quarter as manoverable. My father had given it to me as a first ship but I only flew it a handful of time before I upgraded to a true raceship. With only 2 mK of shields and four IREs it would take a lot of skill and a fair amount of luck to make it out of any dogfight.

It wasn't much but it was all I had.

As I opened the hatch to the cockpit, I got an erie feeling. A chill went down my back, goosebumps rose on my arms. The last time I sat in this cockpit my father had been praising me for qualifying for my first race. As the feeling faded I lowered my self into the seat and fastened myself in. I started my preflight check list: power-good, engines-check, trade extension-not installed, best buys locator-not installed, best sells locator-not installed, weapons-check, Communicatio.... "What do you think you doing!?!" A voice exclaimed. I startled and fumbled for my laser pistol, looking around to find where the voice came from, "Who's there? Show your self!" I shouted. "My name is Gizmo. Now who are you, and why are you in my ship?" the voice said. This time I was able to figure out where it was coming from, the radio! Who ever this was wasn't even on the ship! "Your ship? I am William McCloud and this is MY SHIP. Now if you will excuse me I was just about to launch."

I wasn't sure who this Gizmo was but I knew I was tired of talking to him. Trying to claim that this was his ship! I closed the hatch and activated the launch sequence.
Please hold your ship is 5th in line for launch
Great

"Oh your HIS son..." Gizmo's voice said " He always talked about you but he never allowed me to meet you before." My breath stopped. "How do you know my father?" I could feel my heart racing, could this gizmo know anything about his death? "I guess I should explain who I am," Gizmo said "I am not really a person, I am a program that your father created to assist him. I helped him control his business, streamlining production and operating ships without pilots. I was the secret tool he used to excel at everything he did." I felt stunned. Gizmo was an AI? MY father had created an AI? Everyone knew that AI's were evil, Xenon attacks were an everyday occurrence. "Www.. Why.." I stuttered "Why would he create an Xenon?" The radio chuckled slightly, "Xenon? Who said anything about them? No I am just a interactive, learning, and self aware computer program. Where is the ol' man anyway. He can explain this better then I can." Gizmo replied. Sorrow. Remorse. Anger. I blinked the tears out of my eyes. "He's dead. Two weeks ago he signed everything he owned over to some Phanon guy and the next day he was killed by pirates." Silence, why was there always silence when a person died? "I didn't know.." Gizmo said, "So I guess that means that we are going after this Mr. Phanon?" We? The was Gizmo talked you would think he was a person instead of a program. On the other hand though if my father had created him he couldn't be all bad and having an AI helping me could be a HUGE benefit later down the road. "Yeah I guess we are. But we have a long way to go before we will be able to start chasing him down. With as much power as I am guessing Phanon will have we will need to have an armada backing us and right now I am quite broke."

The Hermes finally started taxiing toward the launch pad, and was catapulted out the bay doors and into space leaving the trading station behind. All of Argon Prime blossumed onto the veiw screen. "So boss..." Gizmo piped up, "how exactly are we planning to do this anyhow?" A fair question. It was weird to me; the more I talked with Gizmo the more and more I thought of him as a peron instead of a computer program. If I wasn't careful I was afraid that I would forget all together. I angled the nose of the shp toward Argon One and increased the throttle before anwsering Gizmo, "Admiral Chase was an old friend of my father's, they flew fighters together durring the Terran Conflict. I don't know if he can help but I figure it is a good place to start." Argon One grew in size untill it filled almost my entire view screen. I opened up a communications line to it's Dock command and after a short talk with the flight control officer I was granted permission to land.

After landing it took me two hours and 3 diffrent officers before I was finally allowed near the Admiral's office. By that time someone must have forewarned him because he meet me at the door with a smile and handshake. Admiral Chase was a short middle-aged man who wore his uniform almost as a second skin. He welcomed me into his office and motioned for me to take a seat as he sat down behind his desk. "William, I was sorry to hear about your father. He was my best friend and a damn good wingman. But I'm sure you didn't come here to talk about that." Well at least he is straight forward. "No your right admiral, my father's passing has left me broke and with only a m5 to my name. I need work, opportunities to show my worth and to build back my father's company. I don't know if you will be able to help me but I don't know who else to turn to." The admiral nodded his head to hmself "You couldn't have come at a better time. Between the Paranoid and the... ah well other concerns, most of my defence ships have been pulled away. I am spread so thin that it is impossible to even patrol all of Argon space. We have a lot of freelance work tat needs to be done. Check with the local station officers for more details. now I hate to rush this but I have a very important meeting I have to attend, you can find your way out?" I knew Admiral Chase didn't mean to be rude, he had always been like this. Any time he had visited with my dad his visits had always been cut short by some emergancy or another. The downfalls of being an Argonian admiral I guess. I quickly made my way back to my ship, for some reason the rest of the officers on Argon One didn't look to kindly on non-navy personal hanging about the ship, to the point of the flight control officer giving me priority launch. Gizmo was glad to see me back already, it was almost as if he craved human contact. "Enough already!" I shouted good naturedly, "Let's just see what you are capable of, take us to Home of Light, contact the local navy officers and drum up some work for us." I smiled, it felt good to have a direction for the firsttime in weeks. We had a long ways to go but I was sure we were headed in the right direction. "Umm, boss..." Gizmo started in a shy voice, "it seems that the nav com doesn't have any information stored..... at all.... we are going to have to explor everything by hand." I let out a sigh, well if it wasn't one thng it was another. "See that gate over there? I asked, "That is the south gate... Fly through it."

And so it began.

[End Cutscene]

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 09:38

Hope you enjoy part 2 of the prologue. The actual DiD content will start with the next release, hopefully next weekend. It might be kind of slow though, I want to be in a m4 by the end of it and that is going to be a lot of work, I only have a m5 and 18000 credits after all and in LU pricetags on ships are outragous. Hopefully I might get a couple of bails with LU's new bail system.

Sorry for any sloppy writting/typos/spelling errors. I tried to catch them all. Also any advise on writting would be helpful, I have never really written before.

Also I added a Cutscene discription to the OP. This is just to avoid any confusion later down the road. Tell me if yall like the idea

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 13:17

Included in the DiD list. :D

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 12:53

Thanks! How do you like it so far? Any suggestions
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 14:37

Seems pretty good. One thing though, when you're having a conversation between to people, you should have a new paragraph for each person.

"So it's like this." Said A

"Exactly, that's the way." Said B

Makes it easier to read and breaks up big blocks, as well as making it possible to tell who said what. It's not necessary to say who said what unless there's more than two people conversing and even then only when the additional people are interjecting.

Scion is pretty good at those big conversations. If you're looking for better examples than I can manage.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 07:21

As Triaxx2 said it is a good start and you will find your writing will improve with practice.

Also if you preview your work before submitting it you can usually spot errors yourself.

The main thing is if you are enjoying it keep going.

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 07:55

Really nice start, I like your idea of a little AI assisting you, very interesting especially in context with the OCV.

I see great potential in your story, so I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Playing LUV as well btw, Litcube revived AP and made it the true Rebirth in my opinion.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 06:02

Thanks for the feed back guys. I seem to remember some eglish teacher or another telling me about writting convo's out that way now that you mention it... but that was awhile ago :oops: I'll have to read some of Scion's work.

@Kual: Thanks I had to think of some way to explain why all of the player ships run automatic but every other ship in the game has pilots. lol now that I think about it there are a lot lo little things I am trying to find ways to make since in story line, for example how I can shoot evil Corp. in empire space without rep. loss..... but that is still a couple of chapters away.

I am finding that starting out in a pegusus is not the fastest way to start out... do I do a patrol and watch the RRF destroy badies (before i can get in range, mind you, this ship is SLOW) for a couple hundred credits or do i trade some EC for a couple hundred a run? lol Protect me missions seem to be the only real way to earn money but I am not getting very many of those.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 08:28

I started in an M4, so I was able to CAREFULLY enter some combat, which made life easier.

In your case I would try to find some loot and sell it. Elenas Fortune usually sees regular Pirate incursions which get whacked by the local Argon fleet. Max out speed, cargo and steering asap.

M5 start is very slow.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 10:18

Well I am writting the first of the DiD content now... I had a bit of a false start, I loaded up, ran through a few patrol missions and a couple of SOS missions that I was able to pop easily... then I got an SOS mission where a Pirate Harrier Raider was attacking a station with no military forces around. I engaged, and then found out that harriers can equip PACs, and flying at 525m/s it easily out flew my pegasus flying 136m/s. And then I found out that my 2 mJ shields are like butter to 4 PACs... So I am going to chalk that up to a test run and a lesson well learned... make sure the enemy is in you fight class before engaging lol.

I restarted and played for an hour. I'll post that content here shortly.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 10:36

Chapter 1: M5 Dogfight

Home of light looked much as I remembered it except that it seemed to have become a military staging ground. I ordered Gizmo to start maping the system as I hailed a few local stations to see if anyone needed any help with anything. Right away I got a hit, the station manager for crystal fab alpha wanted me to kill someone named Gobinas viii. I am not a murderer, and I told him such and sent a message to local authorites letting them know about the station manager. The next couple stations didn't need anything but then when we were about half through with mapping the system a Major hails me from one of the Military Centars.

"Are you William McCloud?" The Major asked but continued on before I could say anything, "I am Major Tom Smith. I have received clearance from the admiralty to offer you patrol missions inside Argon Space."

"Thats good to hear Major," I replied, "is there anything I can help you with?"

"We're picking up Xenon transmitions coming from this area but we can't locate them. I want you to patrol the area around Home of Light, then find and eliminate any Xenon threats. I will offer you two thousand credits if you are up to the task."

"I'm on it" I replied. Finally a chance to prove myself I thought with a grin. I didn't have any idea where to start patroling but I still had half of the system to explore so I told Gizmo to finish exploring and hopefully we would trip over the Xenon.

However that was not to be the case, a couple minutes later Major Tom hailed me again to tell me that one of the fighter wings had run across a lone N and had blown it away. I hadn't even seen the explosion. He informed me that he couldn't pay me the full payment since I had not engaged the enemy. He did still pay me 105 cr for my "time" though. Oh joy, the next time I am in port I can buy a sandwich.

Home of light was starting to wear on me and I saw a Military Cerberus jumping through the gate for ore belt with several escorts. That's was odd, why would it be going there? I decided to follow it and see what kind of trouble it was looking for.

<Jumping to Ore Belt>

Collision alert! Collision alert! The computer screamed as soon as I exited the event horrison. My entire view screen was filled with the Gunmetal grey hull of the Cerberus. I pulled hard on the flight stick and just barely cleared the top of the frigate. A couple seconds later, clear of the gate and the frigate, I throttled down panting as I watched the firgate slowly start to accelerate to the west.

"Jeez boss that was kinda close." Gizmo said

"Don't they know they are suppose to get clear of the gate before stopping!?!" I replied in anger

"They're Military, what do you expect?"

"I need a drink lets go and see what the local Trading post has to offer."

"You're the boss" Gizmo said as I powered the engines up and headed for the trading post, "Maybe there will be better job available tomorrow."

To Be Continued

Note: Well I almost became road kill after only a little bit in game... Jeez this is really going to be fun getting out of this m5 lol If I could just find a m4 lying about some where... while I am dreaming I also want a Magnetar with 4 fully loaded Nova Raiders AND a Mercury Super Freighter XL

Edit: Typos, spelling, grammer, and added thoughts[/] dont know how well that will work but let me know what you think
Last edited by kaistern on Wed, 20. Aug 14, 13:22, edited 4 times in total.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 12:47

Wife did this :lol:
Last edited by kaistern on Wed, 20. Aug 14, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 13:05

Tune your speed. An M5 at speed is threat enough to knock down an M4. It all comes down to pilot skill. Use the speed to stay behind them and they can't hurt you. But you've got to be fast enough to do it. Try taking station defense missions, most ships will crash and destroy themselves on the stations early on.

Also, great job with the writing.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 13:25

Yeah I am a half way good fighter pilot, vetran of the Wing Commander series and of Freelancer plus a couple others. In that umm, test, I had upgraded my engines to 200m/s I think but that was all I could afford at the time. It also doesn't help that I only have fight command 1 and dont even have access to fight command 2. So all gizmo is good for is saying that this MIGHT be a DECENT place to shoot. :P
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 14:22

I'll look forward to that Kaistern the thing with an early bad or unfortunate game start is to move on and be aware of your limitations don't let this stop you posting your start was interesting and as it was early on should not deter you.

Return to “Creative Universe”