Contacting law enforcement.. We have him on file.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

azile0
xr

Contacting law enforcement.. We have him on file.

Post by azile0 » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 19:30

Something that's really been irritating me about the space piracy so far is the repeated calls for law enforcement. Now, I'm not against the idea but its current implementation has led me to turning ingame voices off and rely on subtitles.

When I'm in a mood to board ships, I just know that I'll be assaulted by an endless barrage of chatter- from Yissha, from the freighters, from stations, from law enforcement- it's just so much repetition as they say the same lines over and over again. Stations report me several times in the space of a few minutes- for shooting freighters, for shooting drones and shooting fighters- then Yissha blathers at me to shoot turrets, and then I get reported to law enforcement again.

There really needs to be a reduction of in-space banter, because it became quickly apparent that there were only a handfuls of lines recorded, and they become repetitious and annoying. I don't want to have to turn off voice volume because that cuts part of the game's immersion.

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 19:46

I feel this way for roughly 99% of all the dialogue. SHOW ME YOUR WARES PLEASE ffs add in some more lines or reduce the chatter please. I would prefer the latter. XR has some very immersive elements that can easily be ruined by shit voice acting and too much talking.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 23:54

"We have him on file"

What file is that? .PDF? Word File? You mean to tell me they still have filing cabinets in the future?

:o
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 23:57

I love when they say that, I just snarl in front of my monitors and say: " Yeah you foockers, it is me, and now is time to die" Then I launch like 45 missiles and go away because I am brave like that.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

terrannz
x4

Post by terrannz » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 00:55

I hope egosoft doesn't take notice of the OP of this thread

gottaluvchris
xr

Post by gottaluvchris » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 01:07

terrannz wrote:I hope egosoft doesn't take notice of the OP of this thread
You mean Egosoft has the OP on file?

Oman2
x3tc

Post by Oman2 » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 02:35

There is a load of annoying repetitive lines being constantly thrown at you... it kinda sucks sometimes.

There are some quick fixes out there, Shut up Ren/Yisha on Steam Workshop or other modding spaces gets rid of a lot of the insanely annoying lines, but I still get harassed to destroy this or that every five seconds with boardings.

As for the "file", the worst response I got was one guy trying to kill me with his itty bitty laser, it was more annoying having to shoot the engines out after they got repaired. I've seen no evidence of law enforcement, but the one ship I capped from LI took my rep from 10 to -20... made trading hard and they shoot on sight now.

So yeah, I have to worry about one guy in every other sector with a grudge, and dodge some fire from stations.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 02:59

A lot of the conversations annoy me too. The boarding stuff doesn't but a lot of other stuff does.

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 14:27

I hate it when the ship you're shooting starts whining that his shield are failing or something. They are the ones who started the fight, they're not allowed to whine!

I also find a lot of this dialogue will stop me at times from accessing my ability menu or the map until it's done. That's bad because you could be getting blown to all hell, need to activate your shield drones, and yisha pops up "START SHOOTING HERE NOW WE GOTTA STAGE A DIVERSION", oh thanks yisha our shield failed and now half our hull is gone.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 17:18

Gotta agree with that ^^^^
A crappy group of pirates attacks me and my warship, AND THEN they cry about being destroyed to pieces, what the...?
Best thing is, when you get attacked by forces and when you strike back they will report you.

The more satisfaction I feel when their ships get cracked like nuts, and they burn inside.

terrannz
x4

Post by terrannz » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 22:32

bmtv0957 wrote:I hate it when the ship you're shooting starts whining that his shield are failing or something. They are the ones who started the fight, they're not allowed to whine!

I also find a lot of this dialogue will stop me at times from accessing my ability menu or the map until it's done. That's bad because you could be getting blown to all hell, need to activate your shield drones, and yisha pops up "START SHOOTING HERE NOW WE GOTTA STAGE A DIVERSION", oh thanks yisha our shield failed and now half our hull is gone.
I agree about the whining. Whining and calling the police when they're the ones who attacked you...

I've never experienced not being able to access the ability menu while the dialogue is going on. Have you tried just pressing T and the number together for what you know is the shield drone?
I do that as it's quick and doesn't distract from dodging that fiery yellow beam of death on a Taranis.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 22:53

terrannz wrote:
bmtv0957 wrote:I hate it when the ship you're shooting starts whining that his shield are failing or something. They are the ones who started the fight, they're not allowed to whine!

I agree about the whining. Whining and calling the police when they're the ones who attacked you...

I've never experienced not being able to access the ability menu while the dialogue is going on. Have you tried just pressing T and the number together for what you know is the shield drone?
I do that as it's quick and doesn't distract from dodging that fiery yellow beam of death on a Taranis.
No, for me (and the majority of the players, I believe), when an NPC is talking, you cannot do anything. I don't know if this is a design flaw or an implementation flaw. Putting on a programmer hat, it looks like everything (command, dialog) is going through that 1 mutex lock/semaphore that bars everything else from happening!!!!

I don't mind the whining, but I do mind the inability to command my ship when NPCs are talking.
Chalk this up, and the non-working economy as the 2 main showstopper issues for me!!!!

WelbyMDBassett
x3tc

Post by WelbyMDBassett » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 00:48

The whinning is annoying yes, but when boarding, when my pods are safe, I go do something else. Usually go fly around stations and find info points. No need to shoot turrets, or anything else for that matter. Providing you have enough marines, you will succeed without doing anything at all.
It is not the end result that I value so much in life... It is the journey that got me there. :)

Oman2
x3tc

Post by Oman2 » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 02:13

VincentTH wrote:No, for me (and the majority of the players, I believe), when an NPC is talking, you cannot do anything. I don't know if this is a design flaw or an implementation flaw. Putting on a programmer hat, it looks like everything (command, dialog) is going through that 1 mutex lock/semaphore that bars everything else from happening!!!!

I don't mind the whining, but I do mind the inability to command my ship when NPCs are talking.
Chalk this up, and the non-working economy as the 2 main showstopper issues for me!!!!
Same here for me, really annoying. "Calling the police" "Shoot out the engines" "stage a diversion"... can't do anything useful while this goes on. Except die maybe.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 04:13

It bothers me too when the police ships start shooting you, and then complain when you shoot them back. As if they expect you to just sit there and die.

It would make far more sense if police interceptors were armed with ion disruptors or something, which had the ability to disable your ship, and provide a non-death third option, like surrendering all illegal cargo, and/or paying a fine for any anti-social behaviour...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”