[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 11:18

No - you can start it with any gamesave.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 18:45

that is a whole lot of ships they start with when you activate the Revelations in the Artificial life settings..... a whole lot of ships....

wow...

the fireworks when Revelations meets Ring of Fire was pretty spectacular, (ring of fire, which was not that extensive, did lose, but it took a lot with it, should slow Virus down a little)

-wonder what the fireworks will look like when the OCV meets the Ring of fire, the DCS v1.x and ADS enabled rapid response fleets?
Spoiler
Show
Warning, the fighters will exceed 450m/s, so not your garden variety
Xenon, definitely a tougher breed of xenon, pun intended
Edit: after the first experiment with the Ring of Fire vs the OCV, the same tactic* that contains Phaenon Corp will be somewhat less effective in containment, but does look like it should slow them down significantly long term.

*multiple concentric rings of towers out to 8k to 10k (each ring 1k to 2k apart) in a plane facing the gate around 8-10 k in front of the gate, a little over 100 lasertowers all told, though it takes a bit to gather that many, (several laser tower factories might be a good Idea if you plan to use this tactic)
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Sat, 2. Aug 14, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 19:03

Reisser wrote: - the fakepatch also changes the vanilla-map to a "flat/square"-one. Is this necassary with the new secors?? Or can i deinstall them?

- how can i made Alkeenas script "alkeena.revelations.gate.connect" self-started ... for later games or other players it would be easier only to install this script without working in the editor :P
there is a bit about that in the original post (a alternate set of CAT/DAT files that keep the universe from "flattening"

the script adds, puts in the sectors, but will not trigger the OCV until you turn it on in the Artificial Life settings, allowing you to install it, run through any plots you want to complete, build up your empire to the desired level, and then activate the OCV, causing it to start at that point in the designated sector. I suspect you may be able to disable it the same way after activation if it turns out you weren't quite ready to take on the Virus yet.

OCV seems to be partly inspired by the Traveller New Era Virus, (infect all computers and kill all life forms) with shades of the Necromonger's "kill or convert all the Universe", at least that is how I see it, though I could be mistaken since I cannot know Litcubes thought processes.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 14:35

Is this mod included in the base download and update

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 18:26

fiby wrote:Is this mod included in the base download and update
no, the original download will flatten the map.

it is a separate download, (read first post, towards the top) replace the two installed in the mod with the two in the separate download in to the game folder after installing the mod,

note it can be done after seeing the flattened map

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 18:37

This isn't supported anymore. Revelation now lives in LU.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 19:13

:cry:

I did dl that, but there were parts I didn't want to play with yet

I still like the idea

br83taylor
x2

Post by br83taylor » Thu, 25. Sep 14, 01:04

SirDeathwalker wrote:
fiby wrote:Is this mod included in the base download and update
no, the original download will flatten the map.

it is a separate download, (read first post, towards the top) replace the two installed in the mod with the two in the separate download in to the game folder after installing the mod,

note it can be done after seeing the flattened map
I am struggling with getting the map up flattened? I play AP, so tried to use the instructions by Alkeena. My current cat/dat pair was 04, so I renumbered the files in Alkeena to 05. I then downloaded the file from the 1st page that was supposed to unflatten the map and renumbered them 06. Is that the correct way to do it?

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Wed, 11. May 16, 17:08

Hi, I'm currently building a new game of X3 AP and i'm testing mods.
The base I have presently, in order, is:
AP
XRM
XRM hullmedium
IE
TCplots
Improved kaak2 r3
Revelation XRM
Phanom corp XRM
ADS real wings
Yaki armada 2 ADS real wing
Pirate guild 3 ADS real wing
At this point I started a new game and tested a little. Things looked fine so i quit and made a backup of both the game and the plugin manager

Next step is visual testing before adding the next batch of mods. For that I installed the cheat package (just for testing, will not be in my final game), and a few more important mods which will be in my next batch.
NPC bailing addon 1.6.4
Salvage claim suite 4.11

The "patched" version of Revelation (for XRM) is not working. I would have loved to add it to my game, but unless i'm provided with an update i won't have it.

I connect the gate, fine so far, but the sectors don't show on the map. I can accept a hidden xenon force. I wait one day, I get a few messages asking for help, I don't give any. I go to see why they fail to take the first sector. After a lengthy voyage i finally arrive at Tokyo Kappa to discover that the sector is faring exceptionally well, there are xenons trying to overtake the sector, but it is evident they will never succeed because there are like 10 M1 M2 M7 of different races having a party there, and they don't jump out, and those ships and stations are XRM HULLMID (hull and shield reinforced). I go to the xenon sector and everything looked fine, tons of xenon and a station.

I go back to Tokyo Kappa and I used cheat package to delete every station and ship in the sector except the solar powerplant. I left and went to sleep, and when I came back, the whole sector was rebuilt and there was M1 M2 M7 etc flying everywhere, ridiculous fail.

I left the place, and I carried on my testing of the other mods I had installed when I stumbled on Mu Epilson. The sector was full of null mammoths doing nothing. Turning Revelation off removed the mammoths, turning it on made them spawn. From my list of mods what would you say? That another mod is the problem? Or that Akeela botched his "simple" edit for XRM? I know he wanted to help, but I wasted a lot of time on a hope that "revealed" a gross lack of care.

My final word, don't waste your time with this XRM edit, there are better xenons in vanilla.

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 22:39

Hi,
I had difficulties to make alkeena's AP version work, so i made my own.
I also fixed a few other things.
- Fixed the galaxy file
- Added a temporary jump beacon when the commonwealth strikes back.
- Fixed wasting resources on dead end sectors, even when they are multiple in a row
- Custom equipping of big ships
- Virus now spreads across unkown/xenon sectors
- Higher difficulty of invasions - ships arrive at the same time & more ships depending on gametime
- Slower spawning of ships (they spawned almost faster than I could kill them)
- Removed all fightdrones and swarm rockets, reduced amount of xenon M5 and M4s

Version for Albion Prelude
https://www.dropbox.com/s/it4ydox3gnpz6 ... .zip?raw=1

To increase difficulty even further, you could use MARS with npc functionality enabled.
Beware: lags in big sector fights.

NOTICE:
Since I changed the mod's galaxy map, it doesn't work with savegames already running revelation.

Patch for Terran Conflict:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifa7rufsyvj0d ... .zip?raw=1

Installation:
AP mods have to be installed into the "addon" subfolder

Known Issues:
Due to engine limitations, Capital ships can only enter one after another, so defending right at the gate is ridiculously overpowered

Last edited by OwnlyMe on Thu, 3. May 18, 00:34, edited 26 times in total.

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 18:52

Compatibility Patches:

Navigation Software ST1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6zh4qclhxu6q ... .zip?raw=1

Trade Software ST1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggwjw4sext9ti ... .zip?raw=1

If Revelation is already running on your save game, you either have to remove those upgrades from the xenon stations or restart revelation

Last edited by OwnlyMe on Thu, 3. May 18, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 18:54

The link for Revelation is down except the AP version, can that version still work with TC? If not does anyone have a link to a TC version?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 13:49

Thanks! :)

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 22:32

I took the liberty to take OwnlyMe's updated Revelation for AP mod (v7) and make it compatible with XRM-TCAP and XRM-TCAP-LoCo. Highlights:

- IRestored all 10 original Revelations sectors (OwnlyMe's version has 7)
- Added all Races ships added by XRM (including Terrans) to insurgencies and all new Xenon ships to the OCV.
- Gave one Argon sector in the Omicron Channel to the Terrans and added a new description for that sector.
- You can enter the Omicron Channel through the South Gate in Cathedral of Xzar.

XRM-TCAP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ax63zknyf ... CAP-AP.zip
XRM-TCAP-LoCo: http://www.mediafire.com/file/207r61bor ... oCo-AP.zip

Extract the zip file in your x3tc folder (not x3tc/addon). It's IEX-compatible although not optimized for IEX. All thanks go to Litcube for making the mod in the first place and to OwnlyMe for modernizing it.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 14:48

I tried using the patch XRM-TC but still had Aquata and Venturer's Sentinel overlapped and the rest of the sectors are not connected to the universe. So now i want to fix this by (quoting Patrick Star) "Taking the Omicron channel and moving it somewhere else". I want it to be the east gate of Unknown sector 18-16, here is the XRM-TC map for reference How would I go about doing it?

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 15:45

The overlap shouldn't happen, nor the gates not connected. Did you install in this order: IEX (if using) -> XRM -> TCAP -> XRM-TCAP -> XRM-TCAP patch -> IEX patch for XRM-TCAP (if using) -> Revelations XRM-TCAP?

Also, just to confirm: You are using this with AP 3.2 and not with X3TC, correct?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 16:27

No, playing on X3TC, I downloaded the Revelations .85b then downloaded the patch on page 11 and followed the patch instructions, which i thought was for X3TC. Didn't touch any of the other patch links. I didn't even know that there was another install order.
Last edited by CloneSargaent on Wed, 2. Aug 17, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 16:28

That's the problem then. My version is for AP, not X3TC. TCAP is a mod that allows one to play the X3TC story missions in AP, and Revelations XRM-TCAP adds revelations to that particular setup. The maps are different between X3TC XRM and AP XRM, hence your conflicts and other issues.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 16:42

sigh, well thanks for clear that up for me. Anyway I want move the omicron channel to the area east Unknown sector 18-16 do i need a galaxy editor? I already have X-studio2 and X3Editor2.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”