[Mod] Populate Player Stations v1.0.1 (update 4th Aug '14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

[Mod] Populate Player Stations v1.0.1 (update 4th Aug '14)

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 02:32

Populate Player Stations v1.0.1
=====================

Update 1.0.1
----------------

Fixed an issue with transcend and possibly maelstrom builds not working as intended.
Fixed issue with unknown faction listing as string error in OL stations.

What is it?
-------------

I tried Strigil's "5 Star Ship and Station Crew AND NPCs on player stations" mod but found it didn't work very well with 2.20 so I've messed with the station npcs script and, with thanks to Strigil for permission, decided to put it out as a stand alone for general use.

The npc's update on new game, game load and sector change as the npc station ones do. Newly built player stations are subject to the same update rules unless they are part of the game start like Empire Builder. The npcs will be appropriate for the cluster you build in, so albion has albion factions, devries has canteran, omicron has argon. Maelstrom and player added clusters like Transcend will have random factions from all areas.

Uninstall
----------

Remove mod and the npcs will not be refreshed on game load.

Download
-----------

Steam Workshop
Last edited by YorrickVander on Mon, 4. Aug 14, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 03:34

Geee, you always come up with the really good stuff :lol:
Must try this out as I used to use the "5 Star Ship and Station Crew AND NPCs on player stations" mod.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

mohammadm55

Re: [Mod] Populate Player Stations v1.0 (1st Aug '14)

Post by mohammadm55 » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 06:06

YorrickVander wrote:Populate Player Stations v1.0
=====================

What is it?
-------------

I tried Strigil's "5 Star Ship and Station Crew AND NPCs on player stations" mod but found it didn't work very well with 2.20 so I've messed with the station npcs script and, with thanks to Strigil for permission, decided to put it out as a stand alone for general use.

The npc's update on new game, game load and sector change as the npc station ones do. Newly built player stations are subject to the same update rules unless they are part of the game start like Empire Builder. The npcs will be appropriate for the cluster you build in, so albion has albion factions, devries has canteran, omicron has argon. Maelstrom and player added clusters like Transcend will have random factions from all areas.

Uninstall
----------

Remove mod and the npcs will not be refreshed on game load.

Download
-----------

Steam Workshop
holy shit dud take a chill pill you literally be the only one modding this game. lol who im kidding keap them coming yorrick, may only death do us part.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 15:47

Yorrick and I have been spending the last two weeks on skype working on stuff, testing, scripting, coming up with ideas, pretty much all day long. The man is a monster heheh ;)

Keep up the good work Yorrick.

darthmoll
x4

Post by darthmoll » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 16:08

BlackRain wrote:Yorrick and I have been spending the last two weeks on skype working on stuff, testing, scripting, coming up with ideas, pretty much all day long. The man is a monster heheh ;)

Keep up the good work Yorrick.
dont do yourself short Blackrain. cause you also do scripting and learning from a master. you both do great things.

we all do great things wich makes this community kick ass.
proud of you all.

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 19:17

Hi, I just tried your Mod and, there are now NPC,s on my stations But there what I would call shadow NPC's. What I mean is they are there but have no substance. I can't hire crew or trade with other NPC's. Is this a bug?
It's nice to have people on my stations but, if I can't hire or tade with them then they might as well be empty.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 19:34

Hadn't seen that this end, will check it though.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 20:06

Sorry rguy I'm just not seeing it. Checked on new game spawn and after sector change, no issue buying or hiring on or off station.

Please confirm you are using my version from steam (username danceswithglowstix) and not Strigil's version from nexus?

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 21:07

Hi, I only use Steam have'nt figgered out Nexus. I doing Transend Start, I didnt try leaving sector, just tried it when I started the game today, I will go back to station and try again thanks for your answer.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 21:42

rguy1 wrote:Hi, I only use Steam have'nt figgered out Nexus. I doing Transend Start, I didnt try leaving sector, just tried it when I started the game today, I will go back to station and try again thanks for your answer.
I don't believe transcend would cause any issues, I know on my start mod npc's spawn in the player station no problem, have you been able to replicate it without transcend on?
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 00:09

Reaperxvii wrote:
rguy1 wrote:Hi, I only use Steam have'nt figgered out Nexus. I doing Transend Start, I didnt try leaving sector, just tried it when I started the game today, I will go back to station and try again thanks for your answer.
I don't believe transcend would cause any issues, I know on my start mod npc's spawn in the player station no problem, have you been able to replicate it without transcend on?

I unsubscribed Transcend and went to an earlier save where I had some stations. I get NPC's on stations but, I cant hire or trade. When I hail or land and talk to them I get only 3 choices on the menu 1) surrender 2) Where can I find and 3) goodby.
If it works for everybody else then all I can figger is I have a bad saveor start Something is goofy SY in Transcend takes 1-2 game hrs to build/ repair a ship all others build/ repair regular,Player stations produce at a slow rate. I might have to wait for the next update for transcend and start over. :(

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 00:46

I can confirm as well...
Most of the npc on my shipyard I have only 3 options, 1) surrender 2) Where can I find and 3) goodbye.
I did manage to hire a defense officer tho the way I did that was to ask my co-pilot where to find one she told me to goto my shipyard which I did and was able to hire..
However, when I just tried to hire a pilot I only got the 3 options above.
A drone dealer I got options to look at his drones..
But as I said, everyone else I checked I only got the 3 options.

NOTE: This was loading a save game.
NOTE 2: I had travelled across 2 galaxies piggybacking on a titeral I just captured to get back to transcend AFTER loading the mod.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 02:44

Thanks for the details. Will look into it

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 19:48

Update posted to Workshop, Transcend + other out of main systems stations should now populate correctly (tested with transcend mod this end).

Also fixed a small bug with an unused OL faction mistakenly making its way into the list and showing string error in event monitor.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 22:50

Many thanks for that, will give it a go :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 14:49

Anyone still having issues with the npcs not working correctly? If so could you please confirm what version of XR your game was started on. You can reference that from the save files in the line :

Code: Select all

<game version="220" build="184360" time="1976342.243" original="122" start="ep1"/>
original="122" references the game version on start and will be absent for games started in current version. This line is found at the start of the save xml :)

A save posted to me is obviously not working correctly but I can't recreate the issue on my 2.20 started test games so this might be a factor. Time will tell, I might also be talking complete rubbish :D

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 15:53

Quick update - testing on Tanoosh's save game the convo problem isn't uniform. After issuing a REFRESHMD command in game and changing sector to refresh the npcs, some npcs respond as intended, can be traded with and hired but many still cannot. For example conversing with 3 Captains on the same dock, 1 worked fine and 2 did not. I'm also seeing a debug event from the text log Error in MD cue md.Conversations.DefaultComm<inst:1af0b>: Property lookup failed: event.object.ship.scannedlevel
* Expression: event.object.ship.scannedlevel gt 0 after the failed npc convos which suggests that the mod has difficulties with older game starts. Will experiment further.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 02:41

YorrickVander wrote:Anyone still having issues with the npcs not working correctly? If so could you please confirm what version of XR your game was started on.
Here ya go :D

Code: Select all

<game version="220" build="184360" time="292171.899" original="210" start="lostcluster"/>

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 11:28

Huh. Ok there's a distinct possibility that I'm talking complete rubbish then with the old save theory :D NZ could you test the REFRESHMD thing for me your end? (you need to keybind the debug command line to run it if you havent done this already, then change sectors to refresh the npcs too.) Rechecking the 2.20 notes there's no mention of any changes to the conversations scripting so the fault is likely in something else :( It may even be as simple as the amount of npcs being generated for saves with a lot of stations built.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 23:20

YorrickVander wrote:NZ could you test the REFRESHMD thing for me your end? (you need to keybind the debug command line to run it if you havent done this already
Hmmm I would if I knew what you were talking about :D
Hows about a walkthrough on exactly what I have to do to to get the debug thing and then what to do after that please :lol:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”