Arawn not using Plasma weapon?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bmtv0957
x4

Arawn not using Plasma weapon?

Post by bmtv0957 » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 19:59

I just noticed while constructing an Arawn, that builds it with 22 plasma turrets. But I've never seen an arawn firing them, wheras the destroyers use them all the time. Is it just me seeing this?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 21:41

Plasma turrets should be those blue balls.
Are you sure you are observing the right weapon?

PS: Those beam-lasers which Taranis has are JET lasers.
Also, larger turrets take longer time to activate. Maybe the targets die before the Plasma guns turn on?

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 23:53

Ah, my bad. It's the jet turrets I'm thinking of. I suppose an Arawn would be a bit OP with 22 of those things.

One other question: Are the overrun drones broken? I've got 120 of them on my arawn, but if it ever launches them, they really seem to just fly around not firing at anything.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 23:55

Yeah they do seem to be. there's a mod out for 2.20 to fix, but might be worth waiting to see if its still valid for new version, assuming we do see 2.5 in the next few weeks.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 01:40

YorrickVander wrote:Yeah they do seem to be. there's a mod out for 2.20 to fix, but might be worth waiting to see if its still valid for new version, assuming we do see 2.5 in the next few weeks.

Hmm I would like to try it. But I think I'm going to avoid mods that add anything other than superficial things (like the welding laser mod) that might break my game.

I just found out that in Omicron Lyrae, they actually do sell super capital ships with the jet plasma canons (Fulmekron). Oh baby, here I come.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 05:59

YorrickVander wrote:Yeah they do seem to be. there's a mod out for 2.20 to fix, but might be worth waiting to see if its still valid for new version, assuming we do see 2.5 in the next few weeks.
i've been unable to find this overrun fix, are you sure you're not thinking of the assault fix? if it is indeed the overrun you're thinking of, then i'd be interested in a link :3
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

LoveToDie

Post by LoveToDie » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 06:20

exelsiar wrote:
i've been unable to find this overrun fix, are you sure you're not thinking of the assault fix? if it is indeed the overrun you're thinking of, then i'd be interested in a link :3
Me too! I'm about to do an all out assault on Plutarch Stations in "Albion Civil War" and all my destroyers and Carriers are loaded with Overruns for bombardments!

LoveToDie

Post by LoveToDie » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 07:13

oh never mind. The design of the Overrun drones is to fire Dumbfire missiles right?

If you try putting any missiles on your ship at the stations you will pay for the missiles but they never leave the station inventory NOR do they ever show on your ship.

I tried with 2 of my carriers just now and the missiles are still in station inventory and there's no missile wares on any of my ships.

No missiles, Overruns cant shoot = 4 hours of game time loading drones/missiles for nothing...

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 09:00

oh, you have to equip the drones, then the ammo at the shipyard? interestin, i had assumed the ammo was within the drones.
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 00:16

bmtv0957 wrote:

Hmm I would like to try it. But I think I'm going to avoid mods that add anything other than superficial things (like the welding laser mod) that might break my game.

I just found out that in Omicron Lyrae, they actually do sell super capital ships with the jet plasma canons (Fulmekron). Oh baby, here I come.

Sadly they have no Capital Ship Shields or they would be on my list of Destroyers to have.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 02:30

spankahontis wrote:
bmtv0957 wrote:

Sadly they have no Capital Ship Shields or they would be on my list of Destroyers to have.
There is a mod that puts shields on all L and XL ships

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”