[MOD]Battlestar Galactica X3ap[14/11/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 17:29

ok, so now I am up to the point where I need to save the defender and the... gemini something... freighter I think.

having checked out both areas I realize I need more than my viper to rescue them haha.

Is there no way now to jump back to Excalibur ? since there is an abandoned khaak corvette with 24% structure there that I didn't claim as I assumed it would be part of the plot.

Are the xenon meant to be using Cylon ships as well as their own ?

Went through 472 earlier today, and there was your regular j and k and p's etc, but then also a base star, some heavy raiders and raiders.

I don't know if this is supposed to be part of the plot or something - xenon allied with cylon since they are both machines, or if its just a hiccup

now to start the vanilla plot... if I can remember how to start it haha

edit*

So, I realized that the assault raptor is actually an m6 :o

I also then realized that the conventional warheads are actually really powerful :o

I THEN realized, that those warheads can take down frigates with ease 8)

So I took the assault raptor into the xenon sector with the assault defender, and cleared its captors.

How do I then capture the ship ? I cant claim it even tho it has no pilot

I just launched 2 marine assaults on it but both failed, am I meant to keep launching marines at it until success ? or is there a glitch here ?

Am I meant to pick up the cryo pod that you fly toward initially ?

Also, the ship captors are a "cylon Q" and some "cylone L's" as well as raiders

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 20:55

MaxVatutin wrote:@Informer
If you'll look at the "compatibility" part of the LIFE's fist post, you'll get the answer xD But yes, Shush has made his mod relatively compatible with ours (we've been discussing a couple of things concerning compatibility some time ago). So you should try it =)

Cheers.
Thanks anyway for the info :wink: . I reading these forums so much, don't know how I could miss that. :?

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 21:51

captured the defender, I died so when I reloaded I instead of firing one boarding pod then watching it fail, launched all my marines instead :D

Now to grind the reputation to fit 2gj shields to it :P

Atheist101

Post by Atheist101 » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 01:40

First off this plays so good!!! Looks so amazing!! I love it. Now the only thing is I'm having so many problems on the first mission. Its probably just me not being good enough at this game but i cant be sure. When i go in to start fighting the raiders the baseships keep shooting missiles at me. Its constant, all i can do is shot missiles down, never get to engage a single raider. If i ignore the missiles for one second it catches up and one hit I'm dead. Its very frustrating that i cant even kill one raider because as soon as i blow up a missile another is shot at me.

I have to find it, fly towards it and shoot it down before it can get to me. They fire missiles at me from over 30m away. Its gotten so bad that i have just about given up cause i cant see anyway to kill raiders to get rep up. I have tried hanging back to see if they will come to me, still get missiles shot at me constantly. Tried hiding behind one of the battle stars, nope. It may block the missile but if i come out from behind ill get hit. I tried getting up close. Two reasons why that didn't work. When they shot the missile i was so close i couldn't even shot it down. Second every now and then they wont shot me when I'm close, but then i either get surrounded by raiders or hit the baseship and die instantly. Can anyone please help me out with this?? Its so frustrating to have such an amazing game and mod but to not be able to even clear the first area.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 12:31

Atheist101 wrote:First off this plays so good!!! Looks so amazing!! I love it. Now the only thing is I'm having so many problems on the first mission. Its probably just me not being good enough at this game but i cant be sure. When i go in to start fighting the raiders the baseships keep shooting missiles at me. Its constant, all i can do is shot missiles down, never get to engage a single raider. If i ignore the missiles for one second it catches up and one hit I'm dead. Its very frustrating that i cant even kill one raider because as soon as i blow up a missile another is shot at me.

I have to find it, fly towards it and shoot it down before it can get to me. They fire missiles at me from over 30m away. Its gotten so bad that i have just about given up cause i cant see anyway to kill raiders to get rep up. I have tried hanging back to see if they will come to me, still get missiles shot at me constantly. Tried hiding behind one of the battle stars, nope. It may block the missile but if i come out from behind ill get hit. I tried getting up close. Two reasons why that didn't work. When they shot the missile i was so close i couldn't even shot it down. Second every now and then they wont shot me when I'm close, but then i either get surrounded by raiders or hit the baseship and die instantly. Can anyone please help me out with this?? Its so frustrating to have such an amazing game and mod but to not be able to even clear the first area.
ok, firstly your ship has a turbo booster - like in the tv show, so your ships going at like 300 m/s, itll take you up to like 800 m/s which allows you to outrun missiles.

Second, you have your own missiles, you have light missiles which are basically a swarm missile, and conventional warheads which are really powerful single ship to ship missiles - 6-7 of them can take down frigates with ease, you dont even need a target for either of these missile types, if you have a target they will go for it, if you dont they will all go for nearest enemies, so its possible to just spam missiles.

I cant remember if you also have mosquitos in your viper, if you do, go to additional commands and activate the mosquito defense system for shooting down missiles, that should help out.

I would advise you btw to drop the jump beacon thats in your cargo, since there is a khaak corvette there abandoned, plus tons of loot, and I havent managed to find a way to jump back to excalibur once you leave, so I didnt get to nab the corvette :(

Atheist101

Post by Atheist101 » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 16:16

Thanks man I will be trying that out. For the boost do I just set a hot key for it? There aren't any mosquitos in the viper that I'm aware of. Also if you started a.game with that Corvette you need to restart. If you go to the mod website it.says that its not supposed to be there and you need to keep restarting till it isn't. If you play with it there you will miss out on ships and loot later. The maker has no idea why it happens. What I did was make a save right at the start with out it. Any time I need to restart I use that.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 23:02

restart :o

but....I found the galactica....

but....

damnit :o :lol:

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 00:56

zibafu wrote:
I would advise you btw to drop the jump beacon thats in your cargo, since there is a khaak corvette there abandoned, plus tons of loot, and I havent managed to find a way to jump back to excalibur once you leave, so I didnt get to nab the corvette :(
mmm, I tought if you did see the Khaak corvette in the beginning of the galactica start, it is a wrong start. So they advise to start the game again.
That's why they give a save file with this mod, were there is no corvette.

Here is what they say on there website:
If you choose to start any BSG start then pay attention if the Kahak Corvette is present, if so then restart the game until no corvette present in Excalibour. If the corvette is present then in the future you will not have the Overtunings in the pirate sectors (I still don't know what causes that but it's a fact.
http://x-battlestar.com/

Just to let you know.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 11:03

bah, well I restarted anyhow :o

several times... then the khaak corvette was gone :o

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 14:47

Yeah I did a restart too a few days ago. You can also use their save file, that one never has the corvette in it. :wink:

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 12:40

Is there any reason the cylons use commonwealth weapons on their ships, they seem to only use vanilla missiles, love energy bolt chainguns and only occasionally have colonial stuff fitted

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 00:12

Hi all,

Installed codea with mod but have an issue when codea launchers the ships the weapon is take off and placed in the hull. When I call back the vipers they equip the weapons back. Any ideas why this is happening?

I also have a second query where I am unable to locate the viper thruster extension.

Thanks

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 06:38

fiby wrote:Hi all,

Installed codea with mod but have an issue when codea launchers the ships the weapon is take off and placed in the hull. When I call back the vipers they equip the weapons back. Any ideas why this is happening?

I also have a second query where I am unable to locate the viper thruster extension.

Thanks
Hi fiby,
In the CODEA menu "Code of Conduct" there is a setting for fighters which allows for "switching of weapons" for fighters or something to that effect, make sure you turn that off as that seems to be what's causing that(I had that problem too).

Not sure of your second question though.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 17:50

YorkRoss wrote:

Thanks
Hi fiby,
In the CODEA menu "Code of Conduct" there is a setting for fighters which allows for "switching of weapons" for fighters or something to that effect, make sure you turn that off as that seems to be what's causing that(I had that problem too).

Thanks I'll give this a go when I get home.

In regards to the second query on the first page there is a new ware with the following description:-

"NEW WARES - - Viper Thruster Control: Ever wanted to attempt some of the crazy maneuvers you see viper pilots do in the series? Well now you can with the new Viper Thruster control ware. You will be required to set up a new hotkey for this. If you have the ware installed, pressing the hotkey will allow you to continue on your previous path but turn your ships in "

I can't seem to find this or bind a key to it.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 21:25

fiby wrote:
YorkRoss wrote:

Thanks
Hi fiby,

Thanks I'll give this a go when I get home.

In regards to the second query on the first page there is a new ware with the following description:-

"NEW WARES - - Viper Thruster Control: Ever wanted to attempt some of the crazy maneuvers you see viper pilots do in the series? Well now you can with the new Viper Thruster control ware. You will be required to set up a new hotkey for this. If you have the ware installed, pressing the hotkey will allow you to continue on your previous path but turn your ships in "

I can't seem to find this or bind a key to it.
it should already be in your vipers cargo bay

its the advanced thruster control I think, I cant remember the command but its something like override thrusters, tbh I dont like it, it seems to be glitchy on my computer

Darkauto
x3ap

Post by Darkauto » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 08:55

I have just started playing this great mod and now would like to ask some questions, I hope some of you knowledgeable and helpful people can answer them all.

After reading through over 40 pages I have gained a good idea of what everything is and does, however the following I had either missed or just getting forgetful in old age.

A) Which of the following missions are active with the Battlestar Start?

1. Loose Ends (Terran)
2. Main Plot (Argon)
3. Headquarters Plot
4. Shady Business
5. Corporation Troubles
6. Breaking Grounds
7. Xenon Hub

I believe Xenon Hub Plot is deactivated as you get it in Loose Ends.

B) If I choose one of the regular type starts, Argon Patriot, Humble Merchant, etc then are ALL the colonial ships for sale in Argon Space-docks or just some of them?

C) If I choose one of the regular type starts, Argon Patriot, Humble Merchant, etc then are ALL the Cylon ships for sale in Xenon Space-docks or just some of them?

D) Finally is Improved Races 2 Compatible with the mod?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Cheers. :wink:

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 13:19

Darkauto wrote:
Hi Darkauto

Answering to your quetions:

A) All plots are available for the BSG Starts exept the Hub plot cause you get it on the Terran plot.
The order is: 1st you must do the Terran plot (Must get the fight rank and the terran rank in order to receive the message from admil. Giorno). Only after finish the Terran plot you are set to start other plots, for the Albion plot you must loose Terran noto. and gain Argon noto. and for the other 3 plots all you need is the original game's requirements.
Also all plots are available to all starts exept the Terran start (Only Loose ends) and the Argon starts (Only Albion prelude) The other secondary plots are available as the original game.

B) No. You only find them on Scorpion Lost Colony in the scorpion Shipyard, and all other starts are set to be friend enough of the Goners in order to be able to buy the ships and all the BSG Stuff from them, Is the Goners who controls the BSG Stuff so till you get there you must not loose any Noto with the Goners or else gain it again will be very hard.

C) Yes, They are all available on the xenon shipyards but I find it to had to be able to buy them because of the Notoriaty with the Xenon, But don't worry the cylons will spown on you as in the BSG starts too and if you can, you may capture them KKKKK:D

D)Don't know, never tryed, but you may try to install it as a false patch (By renaming the cat and dat files for the last number in your game )

Cheers

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Latest version of BSG Mod ver 3.1a.1
Release Date 2016-09-11

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7B94x ... sp=sharing

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 16:19

yo jccpsc, I was wondering if you could answer some of the stuff I asked earlier 8)

Plus others that have popped into my mind

1. How come the cylons are using commonwealth weaponry, yet the colonials can't, its irritating having cylon raiders drop commonwealth missiles and energy bolt chaingun ammunition 99% of the time, it would make more sense to me if they are dropping viper ammo, so that we the player have some way at least to replenish a little after battles.

2. I think I read some comments about base stars using guns earlier in the thread, but I'll ask here, are the base stars meant to have gun weaponry in this mod, since they are just missile toting carriers in the tv series.

3. More of an issue than a question - Ive noticed a few times that sometimes raiders bail from their ship, however, when facing scars raider party, he wont jump away until you destroy that bailed ship, even when Ive claimed a bailed raider in his party, he wont jump, if I jump out of the system, and he follows, the unclaimed raider also jumps to wherever he is.

4. I noticed my first time playing that the dark viper has no weaponry fitted when you transfer to it for the first time, so the only way I worked round that, on the 2-3 times Ive restarted is to eject all my weapons and system extensions from the viper I am flying before transferring. is this intentional ? since you are supposed to fight raiders to gain rank to progress, so its kinda difficult to do with no weapons xD

5. More of a suggestion, not one I expect to be considered tho haha, I do think the mk2 raiders should be m4's with m4 shielding, the raider mk1's (not that Ive seen any yet) should be m5's
My reasoning is, cylon raiders aren't exactly tough ships in the tv series, and they are basically used to swarm and overwhelm the opponent with numbers, colonials are always outnumbered, yet usually do quite well, yet when there's an invasion, its "oh S**t gtfo out quick because those 50-100 raiders coming at me are gonna eat my face off before the base stars even get into range. to fight. In my last game before I restarted due to someone telling me the corvette was a glitch, there was an invasion in argon prime, and because I have an advanced satellite there, they didn't jump out when I did and pretty much laid waste to argon prime :o

MilesRS
x4

Post by MilesRS » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 08:07

@zibafu

1) I'm not sure why or whether this is expected behaviour! Jcc will have to comment on this as he wrote the MD code.

2) Basestars should not have any kind of projectile weaponry, they only fire missiles. Base ships however currently do feature guns!

3) I think this is expected, however again the MD experts input is necessary haha!

4) This is intentional, you supposed to transfer your equipment over to the dark viper.

5) I would agree that currently they are a little overpowered. Whether or not we will change this for this version of the mod I'm not sure, would have to discuss that. In the new mod however this will be balanced out!
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 16:52

cool for responding hehe

I will have to check again but I am 99% sure the base stars can mount guns in my game, of course whether they do or not is another matter.

yes, I noticed the base ships can.... I was in a sector and for some reason the base ship that was part of an invasion didnt jump out when I left along with all the other vessels, so I decided to take him on in the defender... then he one volleyed my shields and half my hull, destroying my jump drive in the process :o

then quickly wtfpwned me

:lol:

I do think he was using ppc's to do that as well

I definitely think the raiders mkII's are overpowered, I cant comment on the mkI raiders since I havent seen one yet :o

I again was in the defender and scar jumped in with like 6 raiders, and chewed through like 80% of my 2gj shields in about 20 seconds, forcing me to jump to the other side of the sector :o

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”