Where to find wares ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

terrannz
x4

Where to find wares ships

Post by terrannz » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 22:48

I'm playing the campaign and took a breaking the middle to run around capping ships to get money and build up a small fleet of military vessels.

I've returned to the plot an made an alliance between the canterians and albion and now I want to finish the URV forge, for which, I have everything except for the weapons and shields.

My first high value capping was a weapons freighter rahanas that netted 20 million but I don't remember where I found it.

Can someone tell me where I'm likely to find what I'm looking for? *I only have access to Albion and Devries.

gottaluvchris
xr

Post by gottaluvchris » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 23:11

I normally hang out in Gemstone Manufacture or Shady Vault in Albion. Plenty of stuff to get in those places.

terrannz
x4

Post by terrannz » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 23:50

I'll give it a try, thanks

Defektiv
x4

Post by Defektiv » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 03:04

Yep, Gemstone is where you're going to find freighters with station weapons and URVs mostly, in the Archaeologist and Maintenance Rahanas. I think I remember seeing Bio-Optic Wiring and Scanning Arrays early on, before Albion ran dry of those and RMP. Note of warning, go cap a few freighters early that have station weapons and Scanning Arrays on board and get them in to DeVries. I capped a couple freighters that were full of V Launchers, Hit/MA, Plasma/MAs and Force Field Projectors, plus others. I've built 7 stations and done many upgrades and those 3 freighters have supplied them all. It saved a TON of time. You can also often find freighters with Construction and Cargolifter URVs flying around Gemstone waiting to supply the shipyard if you don't build a lot of ships there.

The Scanning Arrays are for the shipyard in Gemstone. I found out the hard way that Albion will go dry and you'll need to eventually supply them to the shipyard to build CVs. If you don't figure this out before there aren't any around and you haven't built a station that makes them..

The Gemstone shipyard eventually starts needing Podkletnov Generators as well, especially if you build an Arawn, but those are available in OL and its easier getting a freighter to Gemstone than coming back with one. I hope you're good at clearing the side of that Cell Recharge station in Wrecksville in less than 10 minutes or you won't get a freighter past it.

Some decent money if you're just cap/selling freighters is to grab the Energy Rahanas that jump in to Wrecksville and then boost out to Dormant Bear. You can grab them en route if you're good at capping a boosting freighter (its fun) or when they stop there and try to turn around. The ones with Anti-M/Plasma/Ions are worth a lot more than the ones with just ECells and they just keep coming.

terrannz
x4

Post by terrannz » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 04:29

Very through, thanks :)

I keep forgetting there's a shipyard in gemstone and keep taking my ships back to darned hot air for repairs.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”