[Script] [Combat][Hotkeys] Bombardier v 1.977 [19-01-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ChemODun
x3tc

[Script] [Combat][Hotkeys] Bombardier v 1.977 [19-01-2009]

Post by ChemODun » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 22:15

Script type: Combat Scripts and Hotkeys

################################################################################
Script : Bombardier
Author : Chem
E-mail : <Email address removed>
Version: 1.978
Date : 25-01-2009
Desc. : System for fast manual switching weapon and command on ship main gun and in turret guns. Additionally – fast on/off turrets switch.
################################################################################

When configuration try to save – current command (turret’s scripts) will be saved (if it’s rated as supported).
Additionally you can disable/enable each turret on ship separately (weapons won’t be uninstalled, only command on turret will be disabled).

This is shared Boron-Split engineering design ( i.e. we don’t know exactly, who from who steal this technology: Split form Boron or Boron from Split ;-). This technology based on idea of "micro jump", which come as extension of general Jump Drive. This allow any pilots make fast change of installed weapons. All configurations must be previously prebuilded in configuration slots, because all trajectories from cargo bay to turret.

Added support of
    Turret Missile Defense Mk2 by fud:
    Advanced Missle Defense
    Turret Shield Take Off by RAMI:
    Turret Shield Take Off
    Converted for compability with TC. All non-Egosoft scripts are not supported.

Please use Script Installer by Cycrow.

______
Usage:
  • Needed special software and upgrades:
    • Fight Command Software MK1,
    • Fight Command Software MK2,
    • Special Command Software MK1
  • One command slot used in "Custom . . . " - "Bombardier: Weapon configurations", for view and save configurations, and configure additional parameters.
  • Additionally system use 12 hotkeys.
    • First 6 used for switching between configurations.
    • If you try switch configuration – you receive voice message with status of switching.
    • How to load stored configurations:
      • Configuration slot from 1 to 4 – press hotkeys "Configuration # 1" . . . "Configuration # 4"
      • Configuration slot from 5 to 8 – first press hotkey "Select another four Weapon Conf", then "Configuration # 1" . . . "Configuration # 4" respectively.
    • How to store configuration to any configuration slot:
      • First press "Start Weapon Conf. recording", then in 10 seconds press hotkey combination for needed configuration slot (as described above).
      • If you press "Start Weapon Conf. recording" in this time – recording will be interrupted.
    • When you save weapons configuration in slot will be stored current commands on each ship turrets.
      Now supported:
      • Five standart commands:
        • Attack Enemies
        • Attack My Target
        • Missile Defence
        • Protect Ship
        • Missiles Only
      • Advanced Missile Defense by fud:
        • Advanced Missle Defense
      • Turret Shield Take Off by RAMI:
        • Turret Shield Take Off
  • Via menu slot "Bombardier: Weapon configurations" you can disable storing and loading current command on ship turrets.
  • Additionally you can define parameter "Do auto-fix configuration with errors", disabled by default.
    • If auto-fix is Off:
      I you try switch to any saved configuration and you don’t have enough amount of weapons for selected configuration – you can’t switch to this configuration.
      If you try view any saved configuration, and you don’t have enough amount of weapons – system will ask you for fixing this configuration.
    • If auto-fix is On, system will try use fix configuration automatically and you can switch to any configuration, all weapons, which amount is null or doesn’t enough – will be cleared from configuration (only current amount will rest in configuration). But fixed configuration will not be saved.
  • Another 7 hotkeys :
    "On/Off Turret # 1"" On/Off Turret # 6" and "On/Off All Turrets" - you can enable – or disable command on turret. When you try do enable for turret – system will try load command from last used or saved configuration.

Please use Script Installer by Cycrow.

Text file:
Text page:
Additionally use lib.chem.strings, with:
Text file:
Text page:

{Not a good idea to use your Email address on a public forum. If you want feedback, I suggest it be by PM. - Terre}
Last edited by ChemODun on Mon, 26. Jan 09, 18:37, edited 2 times in total.
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

ChemODun
x3tc

Post by ChemODun » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 22:17

[*]1.978
Fixed error - "Store/restore commands on turrets in config" doesn't work properly.

lannyripple
x3tc

Post by lannyripple » Tue, 19. May 09, 01:50

Nice utility! It's saving a ton of time for me.

It doesn't seem to know about Aldrin weapons for the turrets (or some other problem with turrets which have Aldrin weapons in them) but I mostly use attack enemies anyway so it's a quick reset when changing.

-edit-

Specifically doesn't seem to work with "Missle Defense Mk2". Works with 'protect ship' and 'Attack my target' but not with 'attack enemies' and 'missle defense' (which Mk2 seem to hook into).

-ljr

drugfreeboy
x3tc

Post by drugfreeboy » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 06:55

will this mess up my MARS? This thing looks interesting but I don't really want it to mess with my turrets. Mars is doin a good job of handling that.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 07:05

from what i read, it can change turrets, but it dosent have to. Besides, mars will just change it back if it doesnt like the guns you accidentally put there.

So no, it will not mess with mars.

drugfreeboy
x3tc

Post by drugfreeboy » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 03:12

okay that doesn't sound too bad but that does still sound like it will kinda fight with MARS but MARS will "win"? Is there a way to simply make this mod not do ANYTHING to turrets?

ChemODun
x3tc

Post by ChemODun » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 08:55

If you need to use automatic control of the turret - you don't need to have Bombardier.
I don't like use automatic control $-)

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 24. May 13, 06:39

Is it possible to edit this script so it only swap weapon and does not modify turret commands?

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 00:36

Why does Bombardier remove the current turret commands when swapping between weapon load outs???

Every time I swap from config #1 to config #2 or #3, it erases the stored turret commands that I was using. So in a battle when I want to quickly change the weapons, it removes all current turret commands so they are not in use during the fight. That's no more missile defense, protect ship or etc... and the turrets become useless.

Is this caused by a conflict somewhere or am I doing something wrong? I currently use the ADAMS ITT turret control for better turret efficiency. Or could there be another issue causing this? I have also verified that the turret commands are in place prior to saving the weapon config's. Other than that, I really like the script and enjoy being able to quickly change the weapon load during a fire fight. But not having functioning turrets during a fire fight can be troublesome. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 00:40

I hate to tell you this, but the OP hasn't posted in five years, so I highly doubt he'll be answering your questions. Sorry. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 24. Jul 14, 00:42

Yes, the game has changed since 2009... Do you play with Litcube's Universe ? It has built-in laser config hotkeys.

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 00:07

Nanook, well that's unfortunate... but thanks for letting me know.

Joubarbe, that's interesting and no i haven't. I pretty much play the TC version, not XTC, with some of the other more popular mods and scripts. What can you tell me about Litcube's Universe? I sure like the idea of the built-in laser keys. But how does it play with other mods and scripts... and/or what other changes/features might there be? I'll try to find a link for it in the forum, but if you have one to share, that would be great.

Thanks for the info.

HunZolka
x4

Post by HunZolka » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 23:32

I just encountered this problem, so far it seems that either the

"Autosave configurations...", or the
"Auto fix configurations..."

options might be the cause. Turn them off.

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 03:32

HunZolka, nope not for me. I made sure they were both off and still encounter the problem... so maybe another conflict? I noticed that when I originally installed Cycrow's pluggin mgr that I selected to install the weapons quickswap and maybe that's what's causing the conflict? But i am unable to uninstall the Weapons QS since the PM does not have it listed under installed scripts/mods for some reason. Do you think this may be the cause?

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 12:10

Does this script works properly in X3:AP 3.1?
Did anyone tested it?
In the topic Community Script & Mod Download Library I found this:
-------
WARNING: Any custom commands between 1300-1400 will not work in Albion Prelude (these slots are now taken by the fleet command menu)
1357: Chem, Bombardier
-------

But more than year ago I played my previous X3:AP game for a few months and there was no isuues and Bombardier-1.979 worked properly and clear.

And if somebody knows what script could replace this one please tell me. I started a new game recently and going to play it with some knew scripts and mods. I am afraid that bombardier may have a conflicts with some of them.

I tried to find something by myself, but the only two I found and tested (too much time for tests and so little for play...) was not the same and not enough for me.

Weapon Select Extension (WSE) v2.02
does not work with turrets orders and too complicated for use - I cannot just set my turrets with weapon/commands and remember this. I have to create profiles, remember wich weapon is posssible in each turret...
and I can not just choose needed configuration with hotkey. I have to edit this first with scrip editor. or choose them from menu list each time i need to change. It is very uncomfortable when you have more than three configurations. It is ok for non RTS game, but does not suits for RTS.

Weapons Quickswap v1.03
does not work with turrets orders and as far as i understood from topic - does not remember configs in savegame.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 12:34

It appears to me that the commands in slots 1300-1361 are *reserved* for fleet commands but not *used* in the vanilla game.

I use WSE to swap my cockpit (main) guns, but I do not swap weapons in turrets. In most ships it is unnecessary. Typically heavy weapons go in the sides (or maybe only one side, if you always circle in the same direction). Defensive weapons (Flak) go in the rest.

Very few ships can sustain fire from all guns for more than a few seconds anyway.

But go ahead and try this script if you want to... it may very well work for you.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 17:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:It appears to me that the commands in slots 1300-1361 are *reserved* for fleet commands but not *used* in the vanilla game.
Thanks a lot for your rapid answer, DrBullwinkle! - You saved my nerves!

DrBullwinkle wrote:I use WSE to swap my cockpit (main) guns, but I do not swap weapons in turrets. In most ships it is unnecessary. Typically heavy weapons go in the sides (or maybe only one side, if you always circle in the same direction). Defensive weapons (Flak) go in the rest.

Very few ships can sustain fire from all guns for more than a few seconds anyway.
I use swaping guns in turrets for concentrated fire on primiry rarget -
For example: M7-Panther fires in other M7 with IBL from front+right turret, while other turrets swithes to short range flaks.
If i use automatic - it starts to fire earlier than needed and almost half of bullets goes to nowhere. ALso it can waste weapon power to fire other smaller targets. So i wait for the right distance and position and then switch to IBL.
Also with bigger ships I never know wich side will demand a big guns. And it is not easy to turn fast. Thats why I need at least three configs with big guns set to "my target ONLY" order with prior aiming (big guns are so slow) And continious traget tracking (special external script).
It is very hard to switch guns and orders apart using windowed-menus when you need to do a lot of maneuvres.

So with Bombardier I can make a burst from big guns exactly at the right moment with maximum eficiency and exactly at the right target.

Also I use a few more configs
- power saving mode with ammo-guns (it also helps not to waste too much ammo) MAM/EBC/GAUSS
- antifighter mode with flaks only.
- midle range weapon for medium/fast/multiply targets and/or medium distance - CIG/ISR
And one config for capture with missile only order.

different loads needs different turret orders sets - missile defence/attack my target/attack all/missile only. So I need saved and connected turret orders for each loadout.

AFAIK only bombardier can do all of this fast enough and using only hotkeys. Also it has audible confirmation - so I always know did I hit the right combination of hotkeys - "Group seven selected"

Only one small issue - all these hotkeys. Nine from the bombardier. But I use the same hotkeys for the same porposes on different ships. So I always know that key 7 is "missile-only" order on each of my ships but with the most suitable guns for this ship.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 22:31

For power management I use Turret On/Off Hotkey (Missiles Only version). Simple and effective.

Glad you found something that works for you. That is what it is all about. :)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 23:13

DrBullwinkle wrote:For power management I use Turret On/Off Hotkey. Simple and effective.
Yeah! But only after all enemy missiles, fighers, drones was killed, and I am going to board enemy capital, this key helps me gently to hold its shields at the required level tapping this key on/off with turrets swiсthed to flak weapons having "missile-defence+attack-enemies" order, because some enemy missiles or fighters could still happen to me.

And I find its weird to use turn on/off hotkey before the final act of this story.
So as I have written earlier - I trying to come closer to capital with all flaks on missile defence, when close enough - fast switch to big guns on appropriate side with attack-my-target-only order and other turrets to missile defence.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 23:16

I modify Turret On/Off hotkey to switch turret commands to "Missiles Only" rather than "Off".

That way, my ship is still defended but does not attack other ships.

For shield management, I can just tap the hotkey to toggle the guns for a few seconds, then switch them back to Missiles Only.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”