[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.9.8.12] [03/23/14] Galaxy Explorer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 09:46

Hi,

maybe you can create some save games for each issue so that I can take a look at the errors happening live?
That would really help me debugging them.

That's all I can say about your observations right now as I don't play X any more and only look back here from time to time for support.

Warped
x4

Post by Warped » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 10:11

gnasirator wrote:Hi,

That's all I can say about your observations right now as I don't play X any more and only look back here from time to time for support.
Thanks for the reply although I don't think it is worth your trouble. I seemed to have fixed the problems by

1. Not using the jumpdrive settings in ship commands.

2. Clicking the save and load options in the galaxy explorer configuration a few times.

Cheers

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 26. Apr 14, 22:47

Still weird, as I've never observed such behaviour.
But as long as this is the only case and you're getting along with it, it's fine ;)

AlexSlade

Post by AlexSlade » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 09:56

Hi, not sure if anyone will see this but I need some help in getting this mod to work. I've tried copying the files in to the game directory but it isnt working. That is, I assume it isnt because I could not find the Exploration Command Software for sale. ( I've only tried it in a Shipyard with Valkyries though. ) There arent any SPK files to be used for the Plugin Manager in the files downloaded and the only exe was an extractor in German I think. If anyone could kindly help me out here or point me to another similar mod, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit : Sorry to re-use this but for some reason it wont let me post a new reply ? It redirects me to the index every time. Anyway, yes, I am playing AP. However, my game directory only has AP, not TC and since there is an addon folder as well, I decided to paste the files in there. ( Honestly, the insructions are a bit vague. ) While I still dont see the software in Shipyards, I tried to get to Teladi space to find Equipment Docks like you said. But yet again, Argon(?) troops in Omicron Lyrae impedes me from progressing. Do I need to continue the plot to pass through there ?
A side question, how does one even start said plot anyway ? I dont have anything in the 'My Missions' tab.
Last edited by AlexSlade on Wed, 23. Jul 14, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 10:46

Hello,

Just to check, are you playing X3AP? If "yes", did you place the files and directories into the "terran conflict/addon" directory? If not, that would cause it not to work.

If you've installed it correctly, then perhaps your searching for the Exploration Command Software has just been unlucky. IIRC, Telardi Equipment Docks sell that item - have you tried those?

Regards,
Sparks

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 14:15

Hi Alex, thanks for your PM.

I'm not sure about the plot from the Terran side unfortunately. I'm also not that familiar with Terran stations. Having had a check, the Explorer Command Software is an object in unmodified X3AP, which this script then increases the functionality of.

If you have explored all/most Terran space and you do not see it listed in your in-game Argonopedia, then you will have to get to Teladi space to get it. If not, maybe somewhere sells it in Terran space but I do not know.

What you could perhaps try, if you have access to a jumpdrive, is dropping an Advanced Satellite in OL as soon as you enter the system then flying back through the gate. Then you could jump past the gate camp to a different OL gate and leave OL that way to start exploring. If you don’t have access to a jumpdrive you could try getting in the fasted M5 you can find and seeing if you can dodge fire and out-run Argons in OL, then loop around the sector away from them and towards a different OL gate.

AlexSlade

Post by AlexSlade » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 14:41

As far as I know, dropping a satellite would only give you a presence in that sector. Does it automatically maps and explore all the stations ? Since a jump drive allows you to jump directly to a Jump Beacon that you have explored. So I couldnt possibly jump pass OL anyway. Which sucks because it's the only sector that's blocking the whole Terran space. It seems I really might have to rush through it.

To be honest, I've just started this game and am extremely unfamiliar with it. The reputation seems to be the biggest factor. I know people said trading would raise it but is it correct to take such a long time ? I mean, trading 800 units of E-cells would raise only about 2% of the reputation level. ( And I'm only at about the first or second level ) Is there no other way to increase that faster ? If I had a higher reputation I could just get a bigger ship and tank through OL.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Jul 14, 17:25

Re: satellite
Satellites have a radar range just like our ships and their range is normally bigger. So what I am hoping with my suggestion was that an Advanced Satellite (bigger radar range than regular Satellites) might map a different gate in OL for you, which you could then jump to from a safer sector.

Re: race rep
Trading and killing the enemies of races can both raise race rep and it’s designed to become incrementally slower to raise rank as ranks increase (e.g .more trading or more killing needed per percent increase). At the start of games we tend to have inefficient ships for doing either task. So investing earnings into ships that are better at, for example, trading or killing will increase the rate at which you can increase race rep. Then as the rep increased, better ships and equipment become available in order to improve efficiency further. If you want to trade, I’d get a ship that can hold several thousand ECs, for example.

stryker290
x4

Post by stryker290 » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 02:44

Can we get a new link please, link is dead on that website.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 10:09

The script is still on xdownloads. You can use the search bar to look for (and find) the correct entry with the working download links.

Edit: I changed the download link to the new one in the first post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 6. Feb 15, 16:00

Thanks, appreciate it.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:14

Is there a way to control how many satellites are dropped??

just started an explorer and it dropped 5 sats in Legends Home..

I just need one Sat at around in the middle of each sector..

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 13:46

RayF wrote:Is there a way to control how many satellites are dropped??

just started an explorer and it dropped 5 sats in Legends Home..

I just need one Sat at around in the middle of each sector..
Additonal ship commands -> Galaxy Explorer configuration.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 01:46

I did that, and still got multiple satellites in a few sectors. Is there any way to have this mod look at each sector, and do cleanup operations?

i.e.:

If there are any regular satellites, it wil remove them and sell them off.
If there are advanced satellites, it will make sure one is near its drop point and then clear the others and use them elsewhere.
If there are adv sats which have been renamed, it will still know they are adv sats by using the object type instead of name, and make sure only one adv sat is present in the system (or a std box of 8 for full coverage, plus any for extreme out of range gates).
bibo ergo sum

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 08:54

Sorry but nope. Tidying up a sector is not implemented. Usually, pirates are quite good at this anyway ;)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 15:17

LOL no doubt. Perhaps it's time I learned some modding skills, and who knows, maybe someone else would find this capability handy. Either way, I will know more about how X3 works and be able to fix things that aren't working quite right for me. :)
bibo ergo sum

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 04:23

GlassDeviant wrote:Perhaps it's time I learned some modding skills
For me, that was the most fun part of the game :)

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 01:22

There was a time when I would have probably looked forward to it, but now that I am old and worn out I just want to fly my internet spaceships around :lol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4e3c71.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
bibo ergo sum

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 14:27

trying to get this working in my LU game right now.

biliskner25
x4

Post by biliskner25 » Wed, 3. May 17, 16:11

Found and fixed a bug with Global settings Load not working.

On global setting load, plugin.explore.menu.open reads local vars to script vars, nulls them then calls init. But the local vars are not null so init doesnt load global defaults.

Have to set local vars to null directly to get that to work. Alternatively changing the local vars to an array would allow updates on the fly but that would require changes across all scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”