Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theqmann
x4

How Ship Capturing Works!

Post by theqmann » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:10

So I just looked up the XML on how boarding works, and found this good info:

Starting Power
Player:
* Marines are worth 1/2/3 attack points based on their type (rookie/veteran/elite)
* Marine Commander multiplies the total marine attack score by (1+Skill)

Enemy:
* Ship size is used for base defense:
** Large: 25-28 defense
** Otherwise: 45-50 defense
* Enemy ship Defense Commander multiplies the above defense by (1+Skill)
* Any marines on ship add 1/2/3 points, not multipled by commander

Boarding Phases
Support Mission Phase:
* Yisha will give a target to destroy (turret, etc) or a hack to perform
** no hack mission will be requested if the player has no hack drone
* Wait up to 60 sec for mission to be completed
* Go to Attack Phase

Attack Phase:
* Player attack power (AttackBonus) set to 80% (defender home advantage per comments)
* Completing the Support Mission sets AttackBonus to (randomly) 100% to 130% (cancelling out the 80%)
* HitChance is constant 25% for both sides
* Attacker "hits" (NumHits) calculated as AttackStrength*AttackBonus*HitChance
* DefenderStrength reduced by NumHits
* Defender "hits" (NumHits) calculated as DefenseStrength*HitChance
* AttackStrength reduced by NumHits
* Progress increased by 20%

Check Progress Phase:
* AttackStrength <= 0, failed
* Progress >= 100, success
* Else, return to Support Phase

NOTES:
* "Skill" above refers to is a weighted average of all the skills. Marine officer needs high Morale and Leadership.
** The code uses "combinedskill" parameter which is an integer between 0-100.
* I still need to confirm the marines attack score (1/2/3) [VERIFIED] Attack score is Mk level, which is 1, 2, or 3

I will update this post as I learn more.
Last edited by theqmann on Wed, 27. Nov 13, 09:04, edited 3 times in total.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 20:09

"Combined skill value between 0 and 100, based on weighted skills that are relevant for the entity type"

scriptproperties.xml

so... the bolded skills, weighted then averaged.

from my understanding skills are /5 for puposes of showing the 0-5 star rankings ingame.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

theqmann
x4

Post by theqmann » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 06:45

So I ran some tests and found out some good averages for Marine numbers. One other interesting note is that you only need to survive 5 "rounds", not kill all defenders.

* Commanders have equal skill, no support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 22 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 38 marines to win

* Commanders have equal skill, all support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 19 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 34 marines to win

* Player Commanders has +50% skill (e.g. 75/50), no support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 19 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 33 marines to win

* Player Commanders has +50% skill (e.g. 75/50), all support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 17 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 30 marines to win

* Defense Commanders has +50% skill (e.g. 50/75), no support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 23 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 43 marines to win

* Defense Commanders has +50% skill (e.g. 50/75), all support missions completed
** vs L ship, average minimum 22 marines to win
** vs XL ship, average minimum 38 marines to win

NOTE: Marines counts above are the total marine score, rookie = 1, veteran = 2, elite = 3

Mavkiel
x3

Post by Mavkiel » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 13:58

Very useful. Do marines gain experience? Like if I buy 20 cheap marines, and use them in boarding actions, will they eventually become Vets?

theqmann
x4

Post by theqmann » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 17:28

marines don't gain XP, but the marine commander npc does.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 23:14

So it really is worth it to buy the best you can that way you need fewer to win.

When you talk about the marines needed in the fight, are those marines of a specific skill level (Rookie, Vet, Elite)?

Darkle
x3tc

Post by Darkle » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 23:41

SyberSmoke wrote:So it really is worth it to buy the best you can that way you need fewer to win.
You can only have 50 marines total. Elites are worth 3 rookies, but cost (from what I have seen) about 15 times as much. Furthermore, vendors only seem to have 1 elite for sale. Therefore it is probably worth getting 50 rookies if your funds are tight or mostly veterans until you can eventually replace them if you have the money.

fourty6to3

Post by fourty6to3 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:28

So if you don't want to do the math, then stock up on 50 veteran marines and go to town?

theqmann
x4

Post by theqmann » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:59

Those are total marine "points" (1 for rookie, 2 for veteran, 3 for elite). The number of marines is never used, just the total point value.

Jar B
x4

Re: How Ship Capturing Works!

Post by Jar B » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:21

theqmann wrote:Boarding Phases
Support Mission Phase:
* Yisha will give a target to destroy (turret, etc) or a hack to perform
** no hack mission will be requested if the player has no hack drone
* Wait up to 60 sec for mission to be completed
* Go to Attack Phase
Do you have an idea to which condition the support phases are bound? I am somehow limited to the two first task "destroy jumpdrive", "destroy engines" which loop indefinitely (marines never leave my ship). I guess this could be an error in my save but I have no idea where to start looking.

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:28

Jar B wrote:Do you have an idea to which condition the support phases are bound? I am somehow limited to the two first task "destroy jumpdrive", "destroy engines" which loop indefinitely (marines never leave my ship). I guess this could be an error in my save but I have no idea where to start looking.
Hey, if you're getting this, the enemy ship has a good engineer onboard and is repairing quickly. The support missions won't begin until the jump drive and engines are down at once, then marines launch and the last pod successfully boards (or gets blown up :( )

Be as fast as possible. Those engines only take one hit from the plasma thingy weapon after they've been repaired if you're fast :)

Good luck.
Sig

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 10:31

Very useful, thanks. This will help not shredding the ships too much. :)

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 15:44

Mopy wrote:
Jar B wrote:Do you have an idea to which condition the support phases are bound? I am somehow limited to the two first task "destroy jumpdrive", "destroy engines" which loop indefinitely (marines never leave my ship). I guess this could be an error in my save but I have no idea where to start looking.
Hey, if you're getting this, the enemy ship has a good engineer onboard and is repairing quickly. The support missions won't begin until the jump drive and engines are down at once, then marines launch and the last pod successfully boards (or gets blown up :( )

Be as fast as possible. Those engines only take one hit from the plasma thingy weapon after they've been repaired if you're fast :)

Good luck.
Right you were! I didn't expect the engineer to be that fast! The Titurel is mine, now :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 00:47

Anyone has problems with Yisha telling you what to do? As soon as I destroy the thing she wants me to do, the mini-mission failed!!!!

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 02:29

VincentTH wrote:Anyone has problems with Yisha telling you what to do? As soon as I destroy the thing she wants me to do, the mini-mission failed!!!!
I don't listen what she is telling me most of the time :lol: Using hacker drone brakes boarding sometime. Also don't destroy drone launcher because after you board ship all drones will be gone. And you need constructor drones to fix your ship :roll: For successful boarding mission you need good boarding officer and good number of marines. Also when boarding you need to destroy as many turrets as possible, because marines pods can get shut down(they are made of cardboard after all ) :P
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 04:28

Jar B wrote:Right you were! I didn't expect the engineer to be that fast! The Titurel is mine, now :)
Love this ship, by far my favourite. Grats on the cap :D

Can anyone confirm what happens if you completely strip and a ship before boarding? Does it assume a success at each stage giving you the attack bonus, or does it go through each stage at the base 80% attack as in the OP?
Sig

DogNine

Post by DogNine » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 04:57

I believe it does. I had stripped a heavy sul off all guns before I had a marine group (I figured it would be safer for me and my ships if it had no guns) and when I came back to board it the marine reports were five straight success with no instructions from Yisha. Meant I got less for it when I sold it though.

Has anyone figured out how to give the marine officer the scan information? Just as they launch she says "here is as good as anywhere without scan data". I tried scanning the ship with a drone first but I still get the same message.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 05:19

Mavkiel wrote:Very useful. Do marines gain experience? Like if I buy 20 cheap marines, and use them in boarding actions, will they eventually become Vets?
Says in the Descriptions that they become Vets after a few missions; but it doesn't happen.
So it looks like a Bug.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 00:33

spankahontis wrote:
Mavkiel wrote:Very useful. Do marines gain experience? Like if I buy 20 cheap marines, and use them in boarding actions, will they eventually become Vets?
Says in the Descriptions that they become Vets after a few missions; but it doesn't happen.
So it looks like a Bug.
Truth. My justice league is still all the same ranks they were when I first started with them.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 02:12

I must suddenly be doing this wrong.

I have a marine officer, and marines but can not get the "board" option to highlight on the Rahanas in OL.

Do you need to have a captain onboard as well for after capture?
Last edited by CanadianBrit on Thu, 17. Jul 14, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”