Abso-noobly rediscovering modding the game.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gen lee outrageous
x3tc

Abso-noobly rediscovering modding the game.

Post by gen lee outrageous » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 03:07

Hey, I came back after a multi-year Hiatus and have forgotten a lot of the basics. I want to merge the sector info from the war map into the regular map and then delete the war map file so I can start the game without that war sectors noise. But I don't remember where any of it is located, and my searches turn up map utilities and such.

I checked around the base game directory for anything with "map" in the game, as well as looking for any directory that would obviously have it ("addon/maps" only has noname.xml).

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 18:09

Whish I could help you, got no info about your problem, just giving you feedback that I read your call for help but can't help.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 18:34

You have to look within the cat/dat files of the addon folder for the map files. Open them using the X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”