[MOD] DeVries Freelancer Game Start 0.1 (10th July '14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

[MOD] DeVries Freelancer Game Start 0.1 (10th July '14)

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 01:25

"With a scant few ships and a combat drone production station hidden away in DeVries your future is waiting..."

Spoiler Warning!

The game start approximates a basic game state after plot completion.
Spoiler
Show
You start in Forty-Two, DeVries with 10,000,000Cr, the plot station fully built, the plot rahanas, a taranis + fedhelm miner. Plutarch hates you, the Overwatch station is destroyed (read not there), and basic standings with Cantera, HoA and some Argon factions are set.
Go forth!

/tiphat to Observe for the osr_universe/transcend mods that demonstrated how new game starts are done

Download from Steam Workshop.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 20:25

Hi YorrickVander i'm currently giving your mod a go and so far i've accounted one sticky point in gemstone manufacturer on the shipyard with the shipbuilder for the big ship dock when ordering a ship and confirming the build and the after exiting the build screen all movement and keys lock up and its only with that builder the others work fine.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 21:03

Nothing my mod does touches that. Is it repeatable? And what other mods are you using?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 04:29

Hi yes this issue is repeatable and so far only on the one in gemstone and i am using a lot of mods that never affected ship builds menu before and i'm only getting this with your mod using the 2.20 32bit beta also using your mod the game locks up and never did in campaign mode and the only problem i had with that was the engineers won't repair captured ships.

Now trying the 64bit had no trouble in shipbuilder menu in Darn hot air so far will get round to Gemstone later, will let you know. I'm not saying your mod is bad in fact its a good start if players don't want to go trough the campaign, and in that i never did finish the drone forge.

There may be glich in the mod or an issue with either the beta versions or a mod extension that is affecting the mod.

i'm trying all versions with or without extensions to see which works best to early to say.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 20:13

Hi YorrickVander

Have had no problems in your mod so far playing 2.20v 64bit with same extensions though the only problem is still the engineers won't repair capture ships.

Have now tried the shipyard build menu in Gemstone and had no problem, so its possible the 32bit beta version was the caused of menu build excepting to lockup and the same with game crash too.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 20:42

My mod does nothing with engineers. Sorry this one isn't the issue for you.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 23:16

I know your mod has nothing to do with the engineers issue i had that from the 2.00 update.

Your mod is going great at the moment.

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 20:23

Players, be aware that if this mod is enabled, you will see every systems like if you visited them with any gamestart.

It completely remove the "discovery thing" of Teladi Outpost.
I preserved myself any spoil of this extension during beta, but i saw within a fraction of a second some Teladi systems before rushing the delete key.

be warned ![/b]

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 14:16

Ah small foul up there then :) Will fix this later as today has been earmarked 'fix stuff for 3.00 day' :)

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 15:28

Hi Yorrick,

Is this mod working on 3.53?
Thanks!
Rubini.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 15:50

aside from wana's bug report above yeah should be fine

HyperCube

Post by HyperCube » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 16:06

When i installed this mod, i couldnt give orders to my ship unless they join my squad. Is that a problem of outdated version?

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Tue, 12. May 15, 00:28

Hi Yorrick!

Is there any chance, that your mod may break something with Teladi Outpost? Extension is surely enabled, but there is no teladi system. No gates or wandering teladi ships too.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 12. May 15, 01:11

do you have the Teladi Gamestart when attempting to start a new Game? if yes its probably simply an issue of Gates which were not activated and should be simple to fix
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Tue, 12. May 15, 09:12

Yup, it's there. And working fine, i can return to Albion right after start.

But anyway, there is no even gates in my main game, there they supposed to be, not simply they are innactive.
So, I'm all ears.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 12. May 15, 18:25

Sorry been away from XR a while. This game start uses identical code to open gates etc as vanilla freeplay does.

Code: Select all

<signal_cue cue="md.Setup.Open_Jumpgates_Lib"/>

<!--Do not signal instantly-->
        <signal_cue cue="md.Setup.WeaponTraderBasket3"/>
        <signal_cue cue="md.Setup.EquipmentTraderBasket2"/>
        <signal_cue cue="md.Setup.PostChapter3Jobs"/>
This has not chnaged in 3.53 xml. Sorry you're having problems but I see nothing to indicate it's to do with this mod.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Tue, 12. May 15, 20:05

Thanks for reply. Just tryin to find the problem, to evade it in a future.
I tried to edit savegame, but got only unloadable file... so will be very grateful if someone points to the right direction.

upd.: Nevermined. Fixed my problem with a bit of logic. I spent a few hours trying to place gates back, or move Skunk ditectly to FoO, until i realised, that is possible just to disable DLC and enable it again. After switching clusters, I found the gate right where they were supposed to be.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 19:40

Hi Yorrick,

Thanks for this mod - just used it as a quick way to check something in DV in a new game without needing to to cross 4+ Sectors via a vanilla start. Thanks!

I had a much about with the ships, assigning the miner to the URV Forge and it set off to gather crystals etc in Bleak Pebbles sector. As we're -26 to PMC, it's a little problematic if, as in that test case, there were PMC capitals there to great it.

These days the plot ends a little differently, with the player reset to -17 with PMC, which IIRC, is enough for them not to attack the Skunk or player capitals (as long as DOs are set to Defend and they don't start fights).

Not sure if you want to align the mod's PMC standings closer to new post-plot conditions (making things easier) or not but thought I'd provide the feedback in case if interest.

Regards,
Sparks

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 23:50

It's been a good while since I played the plot. Will give this a little patch up.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 24. Oct 15, 14:43

Thanks very much.

If you like, I could send a post-plot save with the 4 NPC CV-built stations built? In case you fancy that as a template.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”