Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 29. Jun 14, 22:11

In [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4647966#4647966]this[/url] post X2-Illuminatus wrote:This thread has been closed due to multiple copyright infringements and violations of our forum rules.
Forum rules wrote:5. Any discussion or links to "Warez", illegal software or sites with content that is not in line with the law of the host country AND the posting country will not be tolerated. This is not limited to the X game series.
The links have been removed and the topic stays locked, until the owner of the mod provides a cleaned up version.
Last edited by mikhailskatchkov on Mon, 30. Jan 17, 00:29, edited 118 times in total.
If you like my work please donate a few cents to help me free up time for this and keep this project alive.
https://igg.me/at/mikhailskatchkov/x/12828366

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

X-wing

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 29. Jun 14, 22:28

Last edited by mikhailskatchkov on Mon, 23. Nov 15, 11:21, edited 10 times in total.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 23:47

Have you seen Ameer Nub's Star Wars Total Conversion mod for Terran Conflict? Looks really promising, but he can't get any help from anyone who knows what they're doing. :cry: Just thought I'd mention it because I think all the Star Wars enthusiasts should work together and I also think that a properly implemented total conversion SW mod for X3 would easily be the greatest game the world has ever seen!
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Re: Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 14:23

mikhailskatchkov wrote: And no, i dont have there ships in XSP, I dont even know how to create an XSP
Pity. One of the biggest problems I have with people modding games, is that they always throw everything into large mods - making it an all or nothing scenario - which I hate.

The only reason I'm currently playing X3TC is that I can finally have the scripts I want, combined with both the ships I want, that have the STATS I want, that will then work with the map I'm creating...

But that doesn't mean I can have everything I'd like, because so much is locked up in larger mods that are incompatible with a lot of what I already have and/or want.

(I'm working on a full 480 sector map, based upon the original x universe xml map file, (so no expansions/unsuitable for plot, custom game only), that adds far larger sectors than normal, (so the difference in speeds between different classes of ship really needs to be greater to take advantage of more space). I'll also be modding the weapons at some point - adding greater range at the expense of fire-rate, but upping the damage to compensate.)

As it stands, all my ships are in addition to the standard ships, but would maybe like to replace them eventually. Cannot do all this with a mod - only individual ships/spk's...

(I'm still annoyed because I lost a lot of ships I had in X3R, that are no longer available for, or cannot import into, X3TC... (I'm currently focused on Star Wars, but will add other factions after I'm happy with these.))

I'll definitely let everyone have the map when I've finished it, (along with the jobwings files etc., and updated globals (for increased scanner ranges). If people are interested in the ships/weapons aswell, then I can share those too, but the models definitely arn't mine - I'm pretty sure some are yours... (I use your Corellian Corvette model? as a light cruiser, IIRC.)

In some respects I think adding all my ships to the game instead of replacing those already there might still work out for the best - since the normal M6/7 classes really function as super/extremely-heavy fighters (lots of front mounted guns), whereas all my M6/7 (and lighter M2's) don't - they're all light(er) capital ships - (turrets only etc.) - so they don't really conflict, (so long as I get the prices right).

The only real complaint I have with the models I'm using, is that DeadlyDa's Nebulon-B Frigate model is too big for the role I want to give it - (as a 'proper' frigate, just above my M6 classes - (heavy anti-fighter role) - (1.6GJ shields/6x8 HEPT's/4-ship docking etc.) - (I split my M6's into Corvettes and Gunships/boats (if you consider some of the M3+ to be gunships)).
Darren Tomlyn

Tune-writer and fiddle-player,

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DarrenTomlyn/3291/

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 17:30

Well making the Neb-B model smaller is not much of a problem as far as the wireframe is concerned - I could do it myself if your wireframe file type is compatible with my software. The textures, on the other hand I have no idea about...
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 19:56

Here is the link to this amazing very early Star Wars TC by Ameer Nuub
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=CF0DB...1E86BF17%21151
you may have to copy paste it into your browser to work

I have been working for months trying to finish and incorporate other mods into his dead project using it as a starting point.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 05:57

Ambushclose i get sorry something went wrong when i click your link

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 19:34

Try this link http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/show ... he-project and click on the skydrive link...then download Star Wars Chronicles 2.0 and unzip it into your main installation folder for AP/TC not the addon folder. Do it on a fresh install it is compatible with Improved races 2, Life, Smart Turrets and advanced hyperdrive. I am making a compatibility list of mods and scripts for it but I am only one person and play testing various load outs till they break something or create economic instability is time consuming with kids and work.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 21:00

do you have plans to make the SSD Executor playable in this mod? would really love it and i have been using this mod took a lot of looking for it and thank you for all the hard work you have been doing to a dead mod :) you Sir are my hero!!

few reason i got this game big and open like eveonline can be moded and with that hopes for a Star Wars total conversion mod

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 05:36

I am currently tweaking Tensin's beautiful model of the SSD Executer and working to incorporate more ships like the K-wing and Eclipse Star Dreadnaught. The praise is honorable but most of the hard work was done by skilled modelers and scripters. I am learning how to do half of these things to see my dream come to life.... a fully free roam Star Wars Galaxy with "Canon" balanced ships. I need all the help I can get so spread the word and may the force be with you.

As a side note many of these ships can be found on the XSP data base via a downloader. google Black Panther Group XSP and look for the english installer on the right side of the site. Many great models are there and feel free to use the plug in manager and spawn them if need be.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 06:24

if i was you i would also post this mod over at http://www.moddb.com/ to help get the word out and http://www.nexusmods.com/

these are good modding and well known sites

and i cant use any ships of side of the mod if i do ships go back to looking like vanilla game not to say SSD cant use the gates because it to big when you get close to a gate you blow up lol

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 06:36

There are ways to get around the ring gate problems.
1. Use the No ring gate mod
2. Use the enhanced gate effects pack to spruce em up a bit
3. The advanced hyper drive mod when used correctly almost eliminates the need for gates all together.

I will look into the nexus and moddb..I am very familiar with both sites but without a competent scripter the most I can accomplish is a X3 AP to SW ship conversion.

I wish more people could get behind this idea given this engine is easily the best platform to build such a game. The now defunct Lucas Arts will never return to gems like Tie fighter or space sims due to the audience being severely dumbed down and profits always coming first.

I challenge anyone with the modding know how to come aboard.
Even if it's not a full TC but a complete ship replacement with more sound fx and blanace I feel like it would be 100x better than Battlefront 3.

daan2002
x3ap

Post by daan2002 » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 06:45

me and you share a same dream when i saw this game and how big and open it was like eveonline i new one thing i would want for this game is a full tricked out star wars mod with all the bells and whistles

the mod you are working on lets me do one thing i been looking to do for a long time controll a ISD would love to see a ISD Mk2 wink wink :P and now that i know you working on a SSD you have made my dream come true :)

i just now wish i had skill in moding not just playing them now so i could help with the work load :(

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 13:48

daan2002 wrote:me and you share a same dream when i saw this game and how big and open it was like eveonline
That's one of the reasons why I've always wanted my own map - with much bigger sector sizes - (though I decided in the end to only add to the basic map, rather than change it altogether). (Canvas sizes of up to 175000000).

The only downside to that, as I said, is that the speed of the ships then starts to be a problem - the difference in speed between an M1 and an M4/5 etc. isn't enough.

As far as Star Wars ships are concerned, we've pretty much got all the fighters that matter - it's some more capital ships I'm after/looking for:

Assassin Corvette
Corellian Gunship
Lancer-class Frigate
MC40 Light Cruiser
Carrack Class Light Cruiser
Dreadnaught (Heavy Cruiser)
Assault Frigate (Heavy Cruiser)

(A Mon Calamari Star Cruiser that doesn't lose its textures would be nice too, and I've already mentioned the Nebulon-B Frigate. ).

(The annoying thing is that I used to have the Dreadnaught and Assault Frigate models...)

The problem I have with largest ships in this game, is that the range and speed of the weapon/ammo is too low. The SSD, if balanced for that, would then inbalance the smaller capital ships (e.g. heavy cruisers/standard M7+).
Darren Tomlyn

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 21:14

You also need to add Ecplise Class ISDs! :D

Have you tried contacting Ameer Nuub yet? His mod looked so awesome, I'm sure he could aid you...

DarrenTomlyn - surely you can take the standard HEPT, and increase the range and damages (and maybe bullet size) until it's more like a turbolaser? Of course, you'd have to change the rebel ones to red colour. 8)

As far as balancing them against M6s goes, you could make the larger lasers slower fire rate and (possibly) inaccurate? It would be balanced if only 1 in every 3 or 4 shots could hit an M6 at decent range. Donnu if you could do that though... :?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 21:36

Accuracy is hardcoded, so not much one can do there. Also, at the risk of taking things too literally, there can only be one color per weapon :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

DarrenTomlyn
x3ap

Post by DarrenTomlyn » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 00:26

TBH - even the MonCal cruiser and ISD as I'm using them, are at the limits of what I feel single ships should really be capable of in this game, and still keep it a game (and not an "I-win" scenario). (And I still need the turret outfit script to fit them).

The fact is, is that any ship can be turned into an "I-win" ship if you really want to alter it that way.

I'm not saying the SSD cannot be used, only that you really need to change the game itself to accommodate it, and build around it - with more ships of that class using similar weaponry, boosted shields of stations etc.. That ship is really of a different scale altogether compared to any other, and needs the game to not just support it, but based upon it.

To do that properly, IMO, requires ADDITIONAL weapons in the game, rather than merely changing those that are already there - all of which does mean a full-on mod/total conversion, rather than just mucking around with what's there, which is all I'm doing.

X3TC, at least, it has to be said, probably can support a game of that scale - but it would, really need to be created almost from scratch, if you wanted everything to be consistent. (IMO, you'd probably want to increase the size of some of the stations to cope, too - such as shipyards/EQ docks etc.)
Darren Tomlyn

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 00:53

Very valid point. Eclipses and Death Stars might mess with the game balance too... :twisted:

Are Star Wars locations being implemented at all? It'd be so awesome to fly over the planet-city of Coruscant or wind through the "Alderaan Asteroid Belt". :)

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 02:30

There are plenty of sector and planet assets that looks at least similar to very famous Star Wars locations. Currently running Ameer"s TC with Improved races and Life make for some interesting sector skirmishes, but there needs to be a higher degree of immersion that a reworked galaxy map could bring about.

Ambushclose
xr

Post by Ambushclose » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 05:11

I am currently setting up a moddb page for the resurrection of this mod. I am horrible a naming things but Star Wars Chronicles seems kinda generic so any ideas on what we should call it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”