Still a long way to go

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Catoblepas

Still a long way to go

Post by Catoblepas » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 18:50

Considering that X: Rebirth aims to help explain itself better than previous games to new players I have to say this falls short by a massive margin. Despite teaching me enough to use a variety of systems there's a whole ton of missing details.

For instance, when taking up a mission within the story I'd expect some guidance from Egosoft on how to prepare myself rather than 'go buy x employee' with no warning regarding whether or not I shall be many hundreds of thousands short. I have every intention of preparing for this stuff myself after the story, but I want to continue to be taught the mechanics of the game, not have an artificial waiting time when you could have had us paid for more of those missions we were doing beforehand. I'm having to grind in middle of tutorials and it's just getting in the way from me starting a proper save file.

You also failed to explain why half of the universe is trying to kill me while I'm trying to take the 'tutorial' that the story is made up of. I can figure out who it is myself, and have a basic understanding of why, but seriously how am I supposed to do anything when I can't park anywhere for more than 2 minutes? This with the crashes is really starting to strike a nerve. I was having a lot of fun at first, however then you decided to open up the heavens and hail down lasers from a company that occupies every damn region of space that the missions take place in.

Just my opinions, and I really want to enjoy this, but damn I'm so close to just wiping it from Steam and cutting my losses. The only way I can imagine getting through this is starting a new file from some other mode and learning the hard way, because I'll be damned if my skunk and it's one cap ship ally can survive the growing armada on my six.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 19:46

For instance, when taking up a mission within the story I'd expect some guidance from Egosoft on how to prepare myself rather than 'go buy x employee' with no warning regarding whether or not I shall be many hundreds of thousands short. I have every intention of preparing for this stuff myself after the story, but I want to continue to be taught the mechanics of the game, not have an artificial waiting time when you could have had us paid for more of those missions we were doing beforehand. I'm having to grind in middle of tutorials and it's just getting in the way from me starting a proper save file.

You can edit your save game or scan/collect wares to sell to station vendors for credits.

long range scanning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNm-1Mzacqw

You also failed to explain why half of the universe is trying to kill me while I'm trying to take the 'tutorial' that the story is made up of. I can figure out who it is myself, and have a basic understanding of why, but seriously how am I supposed to do anything when I can't park anywhere for more than 2 minutes? This with the crashes is really starting to strike a nerve. I was having a lot of fun at first, however then you decided to open up the heavens and hail down lasers from a company that occupies every damn region of space that the missions take place in.

There's safer areas like most of Far Out. You also only need to dock for plot missions (?) and the small talk game. You can access everything else remotely through a variety of methods. Press Enter then 3 Universe and 3 open comm link then all npcs should be available except maybe plot npcs. Or you can click on a station icon (one of the ones where you can select to dock) and select info. PMC is basically the government of Albion. Allowing Yisha (your co-pilot) on board pretty much makes you their enemy.

Just my opinions, and I really want to enjoy this, but damn I'm so close to just wiping it from Steam and cutting my losses. The only way I can imagine getting through this is starting a new file from some other mode and learning the hard way, because I'll be damned if my skunk and it's one cap ship ally can survive the growing armada on my six.

If you are having trouble staying alive you can upgrade your ship. Which of course costs credits. You could also cycle shield drones in harder situations which is a bit lame. Most credits come from capturing ships. Capturing a rahanas freighter can net you 80M+ if you are really lucky. Usually it will be 4m+. You get paid for 50% of the cargo. none of the drones if you don't sell them separately and you get paid for repaired systems. Hull % doesn't matter but it might below 25% hull. Haven't tested it. The minimum you need for boarding is a marine officer with as many stars in boarding experience as possible, at least 8 veteran marines (save before boarding you might fail with 8). If you aren't putting a crew on the ship after boarding retrieve your marine officer and rush to a shipyard to sell the ship. Probably figure about 20 hours maybe to get the hang of the game.

cycling shield drones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LsQlLEcVZE

some how to board videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFEqUxSgpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-TGrywvQ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAsXiCcpz74

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”