Help with forge mission, after it's done?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lt_wentoncha
x4

Help with forge mission, after it's done?

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 17:10

Hi all

Stuck on the mission on the URV forge, after a week I've finally got the darn thing built but the mission manager didn't advance to the next one. What do I do now?

Thanks.

edit - Hi all thanks for the help. Now for the next question:
Spoiler
Show
Can the battle of the gate be won? I have 4x Taranis's and an Arwan, wondering if I have the firepower to force victory
Last edited by lt_wentoncha on Tue, 10. Jun 14, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 17:21

Build the module called "URV wharf" to unlock the plot ;)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 18:28

This part of the plot has a bugged guidance objective. It only displays correctly if you build the urv base section to 100% before doing *any* other plot step. In which case it tells you to build the URV as intended. Ironically part of the XR ethos was to be casual gamer friendly, and the plot is the most reliably broken part of the game...
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 19:10

I built the initial steel plant and then went strait ahead and built the stage 1 urv wharf and plot progressed no problem, you don't necessarily need to build all the upgrades or the water plant for example. I also didn't bother upgrading weapons as I was building as devries is quite safe during the plot so it saved acquiring weapons freighters :D

also once the progress bar reaches 100% you have to wait for all the builder drones to return before it will say module complete, sometimes this takes a while if some drones get stuck.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 22:51

Ah, thanks, how do I force build the wharf? Because the station is at 100%...thanks again.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 22:51

Aye confirming it's just the base station and urv wharf that need to be built.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 22:58

lt_wentoncha wrote:Ah, thanks, how do I force build the wharf? Because the station is at 100%...thanks again.
It's not very obvious since you need to select one of the few parts of the screen where there isn't much button-like text.

Basically, when you have asked the Architect to Show Construction Plans, you need to scroll down to where the Wharf is listed then left-click over where it says "URV Wharf" (or perhaps it is where it says "Stage 1" just underneath that...I can't remember and she is building it for me at the moment so all options are grayed out).

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 06:08

YorrickVander wrote:Aye confirming it's just the base station and urv wharf that need to be built.
Wafer plant also?

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 07:54

No you don't need water plant, unless my game was a fluke lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 08:55

Again confirming no wafer plant needed for the plot. It's useful if you actually use that station later in the game though as are all the upgrades.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Tue, 10. Jun 14, 09:37

Thanks I read your edit on first post.
I think the mission can't be won, even with tons of fire power. Ennemies are spawning unlimited times and after a short, characters will say to fall back. You can still try however.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 19:16

Will the station automatically obtain everything required? I have given it all money needed and it seems to have already obtained the reinforced plating and energy cells required whilst I have been doing other things.

Also, when does station building begin? Once it has everything including the weapons?

charliebrownisgreat

Post by charliebrownisgreat » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 17:21

CaptainRAVE wrote:Will the station automatically obtain everything required? I have given it all money needed and it seems to have already obtained the reinforced plating and energy cells required whilst I have been doing other things.

Also, when does station building begin? Once it has everything including the weapons?
There is already reinforced metal plating on it (and I think energy cells) on the ship when you get it. You would have known this by inspecting the ship after it was given to you by Borman. There is enough to build the initial building (Steel Refinery I think it is) and the URV wharf extension without trying to find more, assuming you refrain building anything else like the silicone plant.

If you added weapons to the build order than you have to go cap Rhanas Weapons Freighters now. Technically, it is possible to add weapons later but now you are committed since the build order cannot be modified once you finalize it.

Station building can start if most materials are supplied, but needs everything to finish.
-Charliebrownisgreat

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 18:35

charliebrownisgreat wrote: You would have known this by inspecting the ship after it was given to you by Borman.
There was a beta bug report (2.10 beta, IIRC) that the items on the plot CV were not listed at the very start but become listed shortly afterwards.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 19:24

Having checked the xml for it, they are magically added at the end of that plot stage. There's little logic in this for me, but it works :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 20:14

"Praise be!" for working :D

BDelacroix
x3tc

Post by BDelacroix » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 23:46

Built the station with just the steel plant and the wharf then the missions progressed.
Spoiler
Show
Not sure you can win. I was doing fairly well wiping out the destroyers and whatever it is that giant thing is that plutarch put in front of the gate. Yisha told me to run away anyway.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 01:31

Looking at my URV factory, I see a lot in the architect plans saying "building (0%) but nothing more. I can only read the description for the URV wharf. All options are greyed out!

Also just prior to all this Yisha mentioned needeing drones, lots of drones, but no mission was put forward! I'm freeplaying at this time

Actually trying to mend PMC relation for ease right now as well

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”