[Mod] Xenon Hunt (v1.02 - 24.06.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Atrocious

[Mod] Xenon Hunt (v1.02 - 24.06.2014)

Post by Atrocious » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 19:42

Xenon Hunt

"Ye shall boardde, ye scurvy dogs!"

X:Rebirth mod that adds docking bays to the Xenon I and K and allows you to capture them.
Author: Atrocious
Version 1.02

Downloads :
[ external image ]

Features:
# Adds docking bays to Xenon K and I *
# Adds a drone bay to Xenon K * **
# Adds two drone bays to Xenon I * **
# Adds a few drones to defend Xenon I *
# Gives internal defenses to Xenon K and I *
# Adds two jumpdrives to Xenon I *
# Adds a fuel bay to Xenon I *
# Adds a universal cargo bay bay to Xenon I *
# Allows to capture Xenon K and I *
# Adds shield generators to protect Xenon I's drone bays and jumpdrives *
# Adds turrets to protect Xenon I's bow jumpdrive *
# Changes the boarding routine so that marines count towards the commander's defense bonus ***
# Changes the boarding routine to remove defending marines on successful boarding ***

* ALL FEATURES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON NEWLY SPAWNED SHIPS:

You'll have to destroy some of the existing Xenon K and I before the new ones spawn. If you see a docking symbol on a Xenon K or I, it will be a newly spawned ship.
Note: The docking bay on Xenon K is a bit hidden between the ship structure, look closely.

** Drone bays were necessary to make the internal defenses more challenging.
The game design requires to have a drone bay, to be able to add marines to the ship.

*** I use elite marines as internal defense for the Xenon ships. To get a proper rating for them, I had to change the boarding defense calculation a bit.
This should not affect other boarding operations because npc ships usually don't have marines on board.

NOTES
Xenon capital ships have serious internal defenses! You'll need a lot of elite and veteran soldiers.
If your boarding attempt failed and you think you have enough good soldiers, you may want to try another ship:
Boarding defenses also depend on the skill level of the defense commander, which is random and can vary a lot.

Balancing defenses wasn't easy, if you think the mod is unbalanced or needs tweaks, please comment here.

MOD COMPATIBILITY
This mod should be compatible with all other mods. The worst that could happen is that a change of this mod does not get through.

LANGUAGE SUPPORT
The mod is multilingual. No language specific files are changed.

HOW TO INSTALL
Subscribe to the mod on steam workshop. Keep an unmodded savegame.

HOW TO UNINSTALL
Unsubscribe from the steam workshop or disable the mod in game under Extensions.
Note: This mod can easily be removed and does not break your savegame. However, Xenon capital ships that have been spawned will keep their changed configurations until they are destroyed and respawn with the normal configuration.
Last edited by Atrocious on Sun, 29. Jun 14, 20:16, edited 5 times in total.

DlMFlRE
xr

Post by DlMFlRE » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 20:46

Thank you.

Do you plan to board the ship "Xenon I"?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 20:59

i think he meant Xenon I instead of L.

Cheers
X gamer , one at a time.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 21:12

Good point. I always read it as L. The mod allows to board the K and the huge capital. Just look at the screenshots.

Looks like I have to edit some descriptions.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 23:36

hey , one question, are the drone bays functional?

thanks ..
X gamer , one at a time.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 23:56

Well ... the drone bay should be functional. They are added in the same way as the docking bays and those were functional when I did that.

I actually haven't tested the drone bays myself. Maybe I can do that tomorrow.

The Xenon won't use drones against you, because they don't have any drones.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 02:20

Masacre!!!! Thank you!!!

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 11:25

Goood, I just hope that Egosoft will implement this into the game one time.
They really should. I mean, REALLY.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 20:11

@Palm911: I can confirm that the drone bays are working. Spawned me a debug K and it used its defense drones.

@Earth ultimatum: I think it was a deliberate decision by egosoft not to allow players to capture Xenon caps.
In my opinion though, in a singleplayer game where everyone can become a tycoon and fleet commander, it should be possible to aim for the biggest goals and the I definitely is big. I just hope it's challenging enough to capture one. Personally I don't have much experience with the end game, since I started modding before I even discovered OL.

PS: Do you guys think I should add defense drones to the Xenon I, to make it harder?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 21:48

It would be nice to have a mini plot maybe to earn a special one, or some kind of hacking to take over the ai. Not the vanilla hacking of course, as I'm relatively sane and can't be doing with more horrible mini-games.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 10:54

YorrickVander wrote:It would be nice to have a mini plot maybe to earn a special one, or some kind of hacking to take over the ai. Not the vanilla hacking of course, as I'm relatively sane and can't be doing with more horrible mini-games.
That sounds great! Go Egosoft, do it! 8)

I'm afraid I don't have the time and patience to build and test something like a mini plot.

I should consider adding more defenses to the Xenon I though. It's possibly too easy to capture it, for people with a proper marine outfit, an upgraded skunk and support ships to draw fire.

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 17:44

I whander; are hacking drones mortal?

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 11:04

Bareus wrote:I whander; are hacking drones mortal?
Your question sounds very philosophical. Hacking drones can't be shot down (as far as I noticed), if you mean that.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 21:33

atrocious, may i suggest a few improvements ?

Xenon I , needs fuel storage. they dont have any. the k for instance does have fuel storage but not the I.

since this is all bout xenon, the ability to cap the M and N fighters might be seem as welcome too.

just my 2 cents.

i also recommend to make the capping of both xenon ships a bit harder. as it is, it is just too easy.

cheers!
X gamer , one at a time.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 11:34

Palm911, Thanks for the suggestions!
palm911 wrote: Xenon I , needs fuel storage. they dont have any. the k for instance does have fuel storage but not the I.
Yes, someone on steam mentioned this as well. I'll try to add one.
palm911 wrote: since this is all bout xenon, the ability to cap the M and N fighters might be seem as welcome too.
I had actually tried this in the beginning, but it didn't work. The script that handles bailing of pilots does not handle Xenon and even when I changed it, it wouldn't work. I may get back to this, but it's not my highest priority.
palm911 wrote: i also recommend to make the capping of both xenon ships a bit harder. as it is, it is just too easy.
Ok, it may get harder with the changes I have in mind.

List of things to do:
- Add fuel storage to Xenon I
- Add additional drone bay to 'I' and move the other bay from its location
- Add defense drones to 'I'
- Maybe add more defenses and shield generators around the jump drives
- Make fighters 'bail' sometimes
- Adjust the sell price of Xenon ships

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 11:47

I'm trying to recall the name of the mod, but a couple of months back someone added production facilities to a Titurel.... Maybe add xenon 'fighter drone' production to the I? It kinda fits with the idea I have about the Xenon being self replicating relentless monsters.

Edit : this one http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/373/?

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 11:59

YorrickVander wrote:I'm trying to recall the name of the mod, but a couple of months back someone added production facilities to a Titurel.... Maybe add xenon 'fighter drone' production to the I? It kinda fits with the idea I have about the Xenon being self replicating relentless monsters.

Edit : this one http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/373/?
Interesting idea, thanks! I can imagine some problems with the implementation though (i.e. will the Xenon I automatically use the drones it produces?). Guess, I'll give it a try when my todo list is done.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 12:06

For the ai ships it would be ignored as the vanilla scripts won't consider it. For a player capture there becomes a way to produce small xenon ships. win-win?

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 12:08

Oh, I thought you considered just building URVs with it. Yeah building Xenon fighters from the I would be nice!

DlMFlRE
xr

Post by DlMFlRE » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 20:42

YorrickVander wrote: Edit : this one http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/373/?
I can not find the "automatic mining". He can not work without my orders?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”