Litcube's Universe - Addon/Script Compatibility Thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinnerman49
x3

Litcube's Universe - Addon/Script Compatibility Thread

Post by Sinnerman49 » Mon, 26. May 14, 23:36

Let's use this thread as a reference for 3rd Party scripts that have been tested with Litcube's Universe.

Keep in mind, LU changes a lot of inner workings, so even if a script APPEARS to be working correctly, please ensure thorough testing is accomplished before posting something as working.

IE: Life is not compatible with LU, even if it appears so.

Also - I have a bunch of previously modified scripts/files (Such as Lucikes Libraries) that I need hosted somewhere to make available to the public.

WORKING

-- OKTraders v1.6.1 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336509
-- Teleporter
-- Marine Repairs and Training
-- Detector
-- NPC Bailing Addon v 1.7.8 (don't forget JSON Parser Library!)
-- Salvage Commands and NPCs
-- Smart Turrets
-- Wing Manager PLus v1.21
-- Improved Boarding
-- Crystal Free SPP by Serial Kicked
-- Marine Repairs and Training-V2.13-Non-LU by DrBullwinkle
-- Passenger to Marine V1.06 by DrBullwinkle
-- Universal Banking v5 by mark_a_condren
-- Stock Exchange v4 by mark_a_condren
-- Property Baron v1.0 by Nividium
-- MarCon Clone Station v3 by mark_a_condren
-- LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector v1.02 by Lazerath
-- Logain Production Modules
-- Pirate Guild
-- Player Workshop
-- Satellite Early Warning Network

NEEDS ATTENTION

-- CODEA v3 (Needs Modified LucikesLibraries)
-- Drone Miner and Trade (Needs Command Slot change)
-- CAG (needs compatibility patch) (redundant?)
-- MARS (needs update to work with new weapons, Goblins work)
-- MWHijacker (needs editing)

-- Cheat Collection Package v1.62 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691 (Station Command Slot conflict)
-- Salvage Claim Software (.pck overwrites some of Litcube's scripts...need more detail)
-- Official Bonus Pack (overwrites some of Litcube's scripts...need more detail)

NOT COMPATIBLE
-- LIFE
--Galaxy Explorers: Not Working (seems redundant, similar functionality already present)
Last edited by Sinnerman49 on Mon, 2. Jun 14, 03:04, edited 9 times in total.

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Tue, 27. May 14, 14:39

I went through the official mod threat and collected the information here (including my experiences). No guarantees, though, and most of these probably have not been tested extensively.

WORKING
-- Detector http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324011
-- NPC Bailing Addon v 1.7.8 (don't forget JSON Parser Library!)
-- OK Traders (redundant?)
-- Salvage Commands and NPCs
-- Smart Turrets
-- Mosquito Missile Defense
-- Turbo Boost
-- Wing Manager PLus v1.21
-- Improved Boarding
-- Salvage Claim Software
-- Crystal Free SPP by Serial Kicked
-- Marine Repairs and Training-V2.13-Non-LU by DrBullwinkle
-- Passenger to Marine V1.06 by DrBullwinkle
-- Universal Banking v5 by mark_a_condren
-- Stock Exchange v4 by mark_a_condren
-- Property Baron v1.0 by Nividium
-- MarCon Clone Station v3 by mark_a_condren
-- LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector v1.02 by Lazerath
-- Cheat Collection Package for AP-V1.62 by Cycrow
-- Logain Production Modules
-- Pirate Guild
-- Player Workshop
-- Satellite Early Warning Network

NEEDS ATTENTION
-- CAG (needs compatibility patch) (redundant?)
-- MARS (needs update to work with new weapons, Goblins work)
-- MWHijacker (needs editing)

NOT COMPATIBLE
--Galaxy Explorers: Not Working (seems redundant, similar functionality already present)

Shush
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe - Addon/Script Compatibility Thread

Post by Shush » Tue, 27. May 14, 16:46

Sinnerman49 wrote:IE: Life is not compatible with LU, even if it appears so.
You seem fairly adamant about this, would you like to share some specifics?

I had a quick play with LIFE + LU 1.04 and apart from a few speech inconsistencies and some quota glitches in the Trade news I couldn't see anything majorly fubar.

i.e. LIFE's MD scripts and MSCI signal scripts are running and generating speech, news, missions, etc.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 27. May 14, 17:26

Lost Colony expansion will be modified** and made compatible with LU :)
Makes sense to me to have something like that in LU. Matches the "explore and build an empire in order to survive philosophy"-

** - most LoCo sectors will be there, some won't, i might even add something different, since Litcube has done such a wonderful job regarding sector backgrounds.

p.s. no, i won't be adding back that stupid 600km lag zone of a sector called aldrin.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

osirragkingXD
x3tc

Post by osirragkingXD » Tue, 27. May 14, 19:53

vukica wrote:Lost Colony expansion will be modified** and made compatible with LU :)
Makes sense to me to have something like that in LU. Matches the "explore and build an empire in order to survive philosophy"-

** - most LoCo sectors will be there, some won't, i might even add something different, since Litcube has done such a wonderful job regarding sector backgrounds.

p.s. no, i won't be adding back that stupid 600km lag zone of a sector called aldrin.
I am working on a mod which is going to add sectors that I want to make compatible with LU and would like to make it compatible with yours as well. I want to make sure I don't use some of the same sectors as you.
"I feel a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in Joy, as a new modder was born."

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Wed, 28. May 14, 01:05

Shush wrote:
Sinnerman49 wrote:IE: Life is not compatible with LU, even if it appears so.
You seem fairly adamant about this, would you like to share some specifics?

I had a quick play with LIFE + LU 1.04 and apart from a few speech inconsistencies and some quota glitches in the Trade news I couldn't see anything majorly fubar.

i.e. LIFE's MD scripts and MSCI signal scripts are running and generating speech, news, missions, etc.
When I talked with Litcube about LIFE, he specifically said it changes things in LU that aren't meant to be changed.

What those are, I have no idea....I'm not a coder, I just playtest.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 28. May 14, 07:49

osirragkingXD wrote:
vukica wrote:Lost Colony expansion will be modified** and made compatible with LU :)

I am working on a mod which is going to add sectors that I want to make compatible with LU and would like to make it compatible with yours as well. I want to make sure I don't use some of the same sectors as you.
i don't know that yet... i'll be using sectors around where aldrin is supposed to be. i may even change the original map instead of adding new sectors as a patch. the import/export means i don't really have to worry about compatibility.

i'm off PC unitil monday, so i doubt i'll know more before wednesday...
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 28. May 14, 09:41

Turret On/Off Hotkey and Hephaistos Corp. seems to work fine. I've just built a station and fight pirates and had no problem.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 28. May 14, 21:05

grasinators improved UT scrips do not function fully.

After installation and trader restart. the same BurnIt & Mkess software appears in the log. grasinator had his own in there to replace it.

The cargo bay manager is there as well as the blacklist manager.

Use at your own risk

osirragkingXD
x3tc

Post by osirragkingXD » Fri, 30. May 14, 18:00

Cheat Collection Package v1.62 has a station command slot conflict with LU
Cheat menu in the station command console uses same slot as auction station
"I feel a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in Joy, as a new modder was born."

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 02:55

Hi, Sush!

When we were beta testing LU, there were a few oddities that didn't seem to fit in with LU in general, but I honestly can't say I pinpointed the cause, exactly.

However, no crashes or lockups. It may have to do with the different ship list .

Does LIFE create derelict ships?

Talvinen
x3ap

Post by Talvinen » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 04:25

Logain Industries Capital Ship energy cell Generator (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=255640)
overwrites the vanilla LU file "!config.faction.dukes.xml" with "!config.faction.dukes.pck"

Salvage Command Suite
(http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0)
Overwrites the vanilla LU files
"!fight.attack.object.xml" with "!fight.attack.object.pck"
"!fight.attack.object.obj.xml" with "!fight.attack.object.obj.pck"
"!turret.killenemies.adv.main.xml" with "!turret.killenemies.adv.main.pck"

So watch out with those two.

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 03:27

Litcube wrote:Hi, Sush!
Hey Litcube.
Litcube wrote:Does LIFE create derelict ships?
LIFE creates an "{Argon Discoverer} owner=[Neutral Race] addto=[Kingdom End]" for each of the races [Argon], [Boron], [Split], [Paranid], [Teladi], [Terran], [Pirates], [Goner] and [Yaki].

They are used as queues for the exchange of ship data between the MSCI and the MD, (using user defined wings).

They are created as a vector of positions starting at 1000km, 0km, 0km and ending at 1080km, 0km, 0km, i.e. far away from anything that should be able to interact with them.

The MD then finds them upon initialisation and sets their properties to hidden=1, invincible=1, racelogic=0, communicates=0.

These ships are created for each new game and deleted/recreated each time a save is loaded, (this is to combat the possibility that they have inadvertently been destroyed/misused/abused by the player or god.

If they don't exist, then large portions of LIFE will just cease to function, i.e. everything MD specific, such as news, dynamic missions, some of the speech etc.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 03:30

I see. When I used to need an interface, I used a station in an empty unconnected sector (that was created with md).

Shush
x4

Post by Shush » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 03:46

Litcube wrote:I see. When I used to need an interface, I used a station in an empty unconnected sector (that was created with md).
Do you mean the null sector? If so I need these queue's to hang around for the entire current X3 session, (i.e. not just briefly and deleting/recreating/finding them each time they need to be used would be too much of a performance hit).

I was under the impression that creating anything in the null sector was meant for only temporary objects?

Are my rogue disco's causing issues? If so, using stations instead of ships for LIFE would be a simple change as the MD can get access to a station's list of ships, (assuming there isn't a finite limit to the number of ships).

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 03:48

Shush wrote:Do you mean the null sector?

Nope.

I don't think the discos are causing issues. Didn't delve to deep into it, really.

DeiAemeth2
x3tc

Post by DeiAemeth2 » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 16:05

Any chance somebody could throw me the modified Lucike's libraries?

Apologies if I'm being blind, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere :(.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 5. Jun 14, 11:56

Sinnerman49 wrote:Let's use this thread as a reference for 3rd Party scripts that have been tested with Litcube's Universe.

-- Pirate Guild
What about its companion scripts: Yaki Armada and ADS?

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 20:22

HQ-Movement-Service: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=280013
Worked fine so far.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Sat, 5. Jul 14, 12:31

Some mods needs plugin manager but LU says plugin manager not compatible so how are we going to use then?.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”