Litle suggestion to more immersive experience

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jeroll3d
x3ap

Litle suggestion to more immersive experience

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 15:23

Is possible move 'head' camera 180º, [x-y axis] in cockpit Skunk?

Well... just 2 suggestion in here. Move 'head camera' in Ship and more reaction to move ships, inpact weapons, etc... i suggest see "EZDOK", is a camera plugin to FSX - Microsoft Fly Simulator.

:)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 15:39

Only if we can ditch Yisha and get a proper co-pilot after the plot ends!! :lol:

Actually maybe she could duck under the console and shut up if you move your head right!

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 16:48

wysiwyg wrote:Only if we can ditch Yisha and get a proper co-pilot after the plot ends!! :lol:

Actually maybe she could duck under the console and shut up if you move your head right!
You would then see the nice big red button with "eject" written on it and want to press that.... to avoid that, there is no free look avaliable!
Just kidding ;)

Artist writing here, so i dont know the details, but as far as i know the ui overlay with icons and such currently dont support free look. It would just freak out and playe icons everywhere. I guess at some point for VR devices this should be fixed, but i dont know when this would happen.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 18:01

Friend, i type in chat after this post. Well, i think in optional view, like FSX, (have normal view with icon and othe with 'camera virtual'). Anyway, just a litle - very litle - sugestion :)

And send a message to team graphics: "guys,I love you all."

:lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

AdamPHole
x3tc

Post by AdamPHole » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 01:09

I think in one of those early posts left here by devs when Rebirth had just been released where they talked about their future plans regarding patches, it was commented that they would implement the "head camera" as in X3, only that it would take its time. I'm pretty sure I read that because for me that's important and I'm paying attention to such feature.

For me it's a massive immersion killer to not be able to move your head within your cockpit... I loved to do that when I was traveling around sectors in X3 and there was some battle nearby... Or just to see how other ships were flying around me...

Having to move your ship to look around is completely absurd.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 01:28

In addition to the cockpit look, I'd like the skunk to be more fleshed out in general, be able to walk around the cockpit, go to the other seat just in the door, walk around a bit. It would be great if the cockpit animation started when you clicked on the pilots seat. I also want to go up that ladder and into the engine room etc.

:D

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 09:16

Could you not just disable the UI when the viewport is off centre? Its not ideal but its a start...

Sevanje
x4

Post by Sevanje » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 15:07

I am no expert but for me because of that little things, the ship feels very static, and that is very very very disappointing, if you can fly only one ship. But I am nonetheless disappointed on egosoft. You don't need a lot of money to make something great.

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 17:35

Yea, this would be amazing. It is definitely one of the biggest things I miss from X2/X3.

In X3:AP, I have the cockpits mod. So as I stand on the bridge of my capital ship, big battle going around, I use the number pad to look all outside the windows and watch the battle take place.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 16:16

freelook would be nice. i dont think we should remove yisha tho, but i think she needs to be remodeled. perhapes replace her pixilated cleavage to a more high definition resolution. an then if you stare at her she be like, what you looking at??

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”