[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 14:32

Shimrod wrote:I have a script which makes use of an EMP ware. It works fine on XRM, my textfile includes a pageid 17 entry for it and I call 'load text' in my setup script which loads my override name and ware description.

However with plugin manager installed it looks like some other setup script is running after my own and loading in the original ZZ_ type name, undoing my override. E.g. if I manually run my setup script this will reassert the override ware text.

Is there some special load ordering to be observed to make sure my override is applied after plugin manager stuff executes, or is it that plugin manager is only supported with XSP based EMP users, and I need to apply some sort of workaround?

I don't plan to make an XSP version of the script, but I'd like to make it as compatible as possible.

Edit: I've applied a workaround in to the station ware restock script. I notice from tracing the ware text got switched twice following game start, first at 1 second played, then at 20 seconds played, so clearly renaming my script to setup.zzzz*.xml is not the solution. Users might observe a fleeting ware text glitch at gameload with plugin manager installed but I can live with that.

Code: Select all

* Workaround for plugin manager overwriting ware text
$Ware.Text = sprintf: fmt='%s', $Ware, null, null, null, null
if not match regular expression: 'Replicator' to string $Ware.Text
load text: id=$PageId
$Ware.Text = sprintf: fmt='%s', $Ware, null, null, null, null
if match regular expression: 'Replicator' to string $Ware.Text
= [THIS]-> call script 'glen.replication.trace' : fmt='Restock: Fixed ware text' arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
else
= [THIS]-> call script 'glen.replication.trace' : fmt='Restock: Failed to fix ware text' arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
end
end
its a common problem, althou not actually related to the Plugin Manager, but to EMP itself.

If the scripts are installed via the plugin manager, it will attempt to reload the text files after the EMP texts are loaded. But for some reason these dont always replace the existing ones causing the problem.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 14:33

Silveressa wrote:When using the advanced plug in manager when I go to the Edit Game Globals tab the menu inside it is completely blank?

(When I installed it I told it to install everything so what am I doing wrong?

(I did skim through this thread but at 120 pages it likely over looked it if it was asked before and the search function was of no help and only pointed me to this thread.)
If its blank it means the plugin manager was unable to read the game files to get the globals. Is it displaying the correct game directory in the plugin manager ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Ship Creator version for TC

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 14:34

lnewolf68 wrote:Not sure if this is the right area to post this or not. Been away from the game since about 6 months after TC released, and just reinstalled it on a new system. I have a copy of Cycrow's Ship Creator that I used with X3:R. Was wondering if there was a version written for TC, as the old ver does not recognize the TC installation.

If anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated,

Lnewolf68
The newest plugin manager includes a packager/creator. This is now an all in one program, which includes both scripts and ships

Silveressa
x4

Post by Silveressa » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 20:08

Cycrow wrote:If its blank it means the plugin manager was unable to read the game files to get the globals. Is it displaying the correct game directory in the plugin manager ?
Yes it's display the correct directory ( steam/steamapps/common/x3 Terran Conflict [X3: Terran Conflict v3.2c0 ) I even chose new directory and pointed it there a second time to make sure, I can install packages and launch X3 from the plug in manager button, just the Edit Game globals list is blank.

I'm running v1.47 of the advanced plug in manager on a relatively fresh (about 1 month old) copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit, so I'm at a loss why this doesn't work.

(Really I just want to be able to edit the variable for com links so the range is 500 rather than 25 since the link to that mod is down.)
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 20:14

This is not a direct answer to your question about why you cannot edit globals in the PM, but it might help your short-term goal:

500k Comm Range is on XDownloads.

It is a good site to check when links expire; the owner (SS_T) has collected many of the great scripts and mods.

Silveressa
x4

Post by Silveressa » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 20:33

DrBullwinkle wrote:This is not a direct answer to your question about why you cannot edit globals in the PM, but it might help your short-term goal:

500k Comm Range is on XDownloads.

It is a good site to check when links expire; the owner (SS_T) has collected many of the great scripts and mods.
Thanks a ton! This is just what I needed. :D

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Mon, 14. Apr 14, 18:03

Are there any alternatives of this for Linux Ubuntu? I am planning to play my X games fully on Ubuntu, as the nVidia drivers hopefully won't mess my colors there, as it does for every fullscreen game. So just checking if all those things will work on Linux aswell
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 05:40

Just installed on Win7 and the plugin manager doesn't show any UI. I can see it is running in the Task Manager but nothing shows up. Any workaround or fix for this?

Silveressa
x4

Post by Silveressa » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 05:51

Try running it "as administrator"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 10:09

if administrator doesn't work, you could just trying removing and reinstalling it

althou you shouldn't need to run it in adminstator to get it to open up, its mainly only needed to give it write access to the game directory

NXTaar

Post by NXTaar » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 23:01

Hi. I can't launch the game from Plugin Manager. It shows me this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value)
at GameLauncher.Form1.StartGame(String game, String args, String name)
at GameLauncher.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: Win32: 2.0.50727.8000 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------
GameLauncher
Assembly Version: 1.0.4589.33370
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///D:/X3/X%20Plugin%20Manager/GameLauncher.exe
----------------------------------------
msvcm90
Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.8387
Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.8387
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.8387_none_5094ca96bcb6b2bb/msvcm90.dll
System
Win32: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: Win32: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8000 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_ru_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have plugin manager 1.47 and albion prelude 3.1
Plugin Manager has administrator rights
I've installed Net Framework 3.5
I've change system locale to English

Please help

My Specs
Windows 8.1 with 8th april update
Asus N550jv core i7 8gb ram nvidia gt750m
all c++ packages are installed

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 17:48

NXTaar wrote:Hi. I can't launch the game from Plugin Manager.

Does the game launch if you close the PM first (I remember seeing that as 'a best practice is to quit PM before launching the game' fairly early on....)?

NXTaar

Post by NXTaar » Sun, 27. Apr 14, 11:43

SirDeathwalker wrote:
NXTaar wrote:Hi. I can't launch the game from Plugin Manager.

Does the game launch if you close the PM first (I remember seeing that as 'a best practice is to quit PM before launching the game' fairly early on....)?
I did that, of course. But if i close PM and start the game from Steam\game folder it runs only script mod Cheat Console (only mod i've installed besides
the ships). No new ships absolutely. Even in the list of "Create ship" I think i need to launch it from PM for working ships. But unfortinately PM has this error

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 11:04

You shouldn't have to launch the game directly from the PM to get the ships, closing the PM and running manually does the same thing (thats basically what happens with the launch command)

you could check the game directory and make sure the TShips file is being created

NXTaar

Post by NXTaar » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 22:18

i have no tships file. Only TMissiles.txt TWare.pck in D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\types

i also have 13 cat files in main folder and 4 cats in addon folder
i've installed ony two ships. Is such number of the cat files normal?

The game and the PM are in disk D, and the disk is not windows protected.

Azaezel
xr

PM Issue

Post by Azaezel » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 21:04

Hello all. I'll keep it short and to the point. I cannot target x3ap when I choose directory for plugin manager. I can target x3tc and install scripts there but not the other one. I used to be able to switch one for the other but it will not give me the option anymore since I reinstalled. Win 8 steam download. PM lite v 1.47

Azaezel
xr

Post by Azaezel » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 21:40

I installed pm v 2.12 thinking that will work for me. This one when i point to the x3 folder it says unable to find x2/x3 exe.... That is odd since they both x3tc and x3ap are on my ../steam/steamapps/common/x3 terranconflict.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 14:00

the 2.12 version is actually a much older version before it was remade. It only supports X2 and X3 Reunion.

1.47 is the version you should be using.

you could try deleting the data file, its in My Documents/Egosoft/pluginmanager.dat

then when you load the plugin manager again, just manually add the games if it doesn't detect them

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 14:03

NXTaar wrote:i have no tships file. Only TMissiles.txt TWare.pck in D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\types

i also have 13 cat files in main folder and 4 cats in addon folder
i've installed ony two ships. Is such number of the cat files normal?

The game and the PM are in disk D, and the disk is not windows protected.
The missing TShips file is the problem and why the ships are showing up. As thats the file that holds the information about the new ships.

make sure the ships are enabled in the plugin manager, and that the game directory is set correctly. It sounds like its already creating the wares file, so there is some problem with creating the ships file. Its possible one of the ships is broken causing the creation to fail, you could try removing them and installing them one at a time, checking if the TShips file is created each time (need to close the pm for this to be created)

Azaezel
xr

Post by Azaezel » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 21:19

Cycrow wrote:the 2.12 version is actually a much older version before it was remade. It only supports X2 and X3 Reunion.

1.47 is the version you should be using.

you could try deleting the data file, its in My Documents/Egosoft/pluginmanager.dat

then when you load the plugin manager again, just manually add the games if it doesn't detect them
Problem solved. Thank you.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”