Garbage

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jokeuhl
x4

Garbage

Post by Jokeuhl » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 07:03

I am so dissapointed in x:rebirth. What a waste of money. I bought it on Steam and they say no refunds. Egosoft, please send me my money back. You can have this broken game that crashes in the tutorial, and is so repetative and poorly scripted that I want to shoot myself after playing for 20 minutes. :evil:

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 07:24

Well 20 minutes must be a record in low patience.. i take it you play X3 and love it right?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 10:11

Played 20 minutes.
Yeah, sure.
Lets be honest, who enjoyed his first 20 minutes of playing X?
I almost died of boredom in X2 when I had to search for Home of Light.
And in X3:TC I spent those minutes by searching how to turn off the cursor flight mode.
X3:R was barely playable due to horrible lags, and then again, Buster was slow as hell.
X: Beyond the Frontier, without SETA I tought that I was going to fall asleep.

X games are a long-term games, same goes with Rebirth. The more time you invest in it, the more you immerse yourself and the more you learn how to play the game.
Noobs usually just buy some marines, cap a capitalship and sell it for credits, then they are bored.
I did that too when I got my hands on Rebirth for the first time.

Now I found out that great way to play the game is to set restrictions for your game, for example Iam doing a miner/building only game. Totally enjoying it.

stickocide
x3tc

Post by stickocide » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 12:06

I'd get a refund before you've played it too long, Steam support are quite harsh if you've spent a few hours *trying* to enjoy yourself and get things working.

If you don't enjoy it at this point, I can only imagine it getting worse. You'll end up like a good few others - enough hours invested to make a refund an unlikely prospect, and little but disappointment and regret to show for making such a foolish and expensive purchase. That's certainly how I feel, anyway.

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 13:07

just be nice and courteous, write a mail to egosoft support and attach their answer to your ticket on steam, they will give it back just dont give up and dont play more with xr. thats what i did after a month arguing with steam and after that they credited my steamaccount with its price.

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 13:10

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Played 20 minutes.
Yeah, sure.
And in X3:TC I spent those minutes by searching how to turn off the cursor flight mode.
X3:R was barely playable due to horrible lags, and then again, Buster was slow as hell.

X games are a long-term games, same goes with Rebirth. The more time you invest in it, the more you immerse yourself and the more you learn how to play the game.
Noobs usually just buy some marines, cap a capitalship and sell it for credits, then they are bored.

Now I found out that great way to play the game is to set restrictions for your game, for example Iam doing a miner/building only game. Totally enjoying it.
you might cant judge things after 20 minutes, i can. when i've got X3 after the first few minutes i knew i will love it while in XR the same was enough to uninstall and never touch it again...

ragod

Post by ragod » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 15:13

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Played 20 minutes.
Yeah, sure.

I was hooked on X2 and all of the X3s within the first 20 minutes, a combination of "Oh I wanna fly that ship one day!" "Ohh I wanna build that station!" "Oh cool there isnt much here, I can make this my home system later!"

Where as XR has very little of that.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 15:30

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:I almost died of boredom in X2 when I had to search for Home of Light.
I have played only 3h on X2 :lol: Game as it self wasn't bad, but UI is so bad that I give up right away :( It was on sale for 4$ so it wasn't big investment..

About XR im not going to lie I am disappointed beyond words... But I already have over 300h on it and I think I have my money worth :wink:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

noTHINGface
x3

Post by noTHINGface » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 19:45

OP is right - game is shit - Now lets get him...

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 22:03

I too am quite disappointed about rebirth.

I'd say my number 1 grip with the game being the UI and i do not understand trading at all.

Also lag is another reason my steam library shows last know play through was at the startof this year for 10 hours.

Real shame the amount of time to make this game. I think egosoft simply bit off too much and choked..

HarryCYUL
xr

Post by HarryCYUL » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 13:07

cool story bro

Jokeuhl
x4

Post by Jokeuhl » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 01:54

X2 was Fantastic!
X3 was Fantastic!
Rebirth is total garbage, the only nice things I have to say about it is it is "pretty" and I'm glad they implemented xbox 360 controller compatability. other than that they have done NONE of the things I have been begging for since the beginning.

#1 Multi Screen....Every time I go to buy something or info on something I have to look at that STUPID screen off to the right with that long winded animation and listen to someone telling me I'm wasting time.

#2 why did you change the way control assignments worked? seriously...I want unlimited control assignments....if I want to use the left and right bumpers on my xbox controller to roll instead of fire missles and backup why cant I do that?

god I can just go on listing things...but the bottom line is that X reunion fell SO short of my expectations that I really want my 50 bux back....

it needs a complete redesign

I dont see how Steam can allow a company to put a partially completed game out there for 50 bux a pop....so upset

I'm very much looking forward to Star Citizen....goodbye Xuniverse you will not fool me again.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 16:56

Indeed. I think Egosoft will have a hard time convincing anyone to buy anything off them in the future, because we will all remind them what a "Great success" XR was. No sorry, I couldn't help myself but laugh when I typed that!

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 18:10

Don't play any more. Delete it from your drive, if you have consumer protection laws point out that they trump their own Terms and Conditions and tell them it's not fit for purpose.

Having said that - you didn't do any research into buying this game? It's no secret that it is basically one of the worst games of all time.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”