[Tool] XRSGE

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

psewar

[Tool] XRSGE

Post by psewar » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 21:10

Hello there,

I want to offer you the XRSGE (X Rebirth SaveGame Editor).
It's a shameless copy of the Editor made by Isbeorns. ;)
Ok, at least Gui wise it is.
Under the hood I recoded nearly everything, even though many things still work in a similar way.

Link to the Editor

New features are:
- Probably fixed the bug where the Scaldis was not shown in the list.
- Added button to enable and train all skills of a npc to 5.
- Added button to remove an npc (highly experimental).
- Added a Ship List to the player owned stations to see which ships are assigned to them.
- Added a button to auto rename all Ships of this station to make it easier managing those ships ingame.
-- The names will have the following pattern: LID00Liquid00 (StationType, StationNumber, CargoType, ShipNumber).
-- The CV which built the station will be renamed to: Licensed Distillery 00.

So here the feature list (also a shameless copy *g*)

FEATURES:
- Money Edit
- Remove Mod Function
- Remove Trade Orders from Queue
- Remove/Add Item from/to Cargo
- Convert Macro Values to Readable Names
- View and edit Crewmembers onboard of your ships
- (Experimental!) Finish Shipyard Build Queue
- Comboboxes for various Values
- Delete Ship Button
- Manage and Add Ship Drones
- NEW: Improved Cargo Management of Ships
- NEW: Add Gravidar to Ship if missing
- NEW: Rename Ships

PREREQUISITES:
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- > 800MHz Prozessor
- 512 MBytes RAM
- A DirectX 9 capable graphics adapter

HOWTO:
- BACKUP YOUR SAVEGAME!
- Simply start the XRebirthSaveEditor.exe
- Once the window is open click on File->Load
- Select your savegame xml file

- Now you can start editing the properties of your savegame

- PLAYER TAB:
- Player Name: (Should not be changed)
- Money: Sets the money of your character. When you save the File, it will set every reference to your money account, so you can cheat yourself as much money as you like

- STATS TAB:
- List of all statistics inside the savegame

- MODS TAB:
- List of all available Mods with ther respective detail information
HINT: If you want to exclude your mods from your savegame, so it becomes compatible again, just click on Tools->Remove Mod Relations and save the file. After that all Mod Tags are removed.

- REPUTATIONS TAB:
- Here you can edit every faction and their respective standing
Select the faction on the left. After that you can edit their standing towards another faction on the left

- PLAYER OWNED SHIPS
- on the left is a list with every ship you own
- Drone Tab: Manage and add Drones to your Ships
- Crew Tab: View your crewmembers on board of your ship
HINT: if a skill is not enabled, just click the button "enable"
- Cargo Tab: View the cargo hold of your ship
HINT: Each Ship can only hold a certain cargo type. To add new cargo, click on the add button, select the newly added cargo in the list and edit the ware and amount.
- Trade Tab: Current Trade jobs for your selected ship.
HINT: If your ship is stuck because of some trade orders, you can remove every trade by clicking the remove trade for each ware
- ConstructionWares Tab: Only relevant for construction ships! It will display all wares and their needed amount to start building the station in the construction queue
HINT: If your construction ship has a building order you will be able to set the amount for each ware to 0 and the station will start building

- PLAYER OWNED STATIONS
- View Offers and Orders of station
- Information about Stations owned by the player
- Crew Tab: View your crewmembers on board of your station
HINT: if a skill is not enabled, just click the button "enable"
- NOTE: Work in progress

- SHIPYARDS
- View Offers and Orders of shipyard
- View BuildQueue
EXPERIMENTAL: Finish Building of selected ship. Ship will be finished and moved 200 clicks on z-Axis.

- After you have finished modifiing your savegame, click on File->Save

Credits:
- Isbeorn: You have really made a fine looking Savegame Editor, thanks for it and some Code ideas I took from you. ;)
- Revils: You were my saviour as you already ported the whole thing to C# and I could just easily implement the Gui Part of Isbeorns Editor into my code.

Please keep in mind that there might be some things which do not work, as I did not test everything. So if you find anything just write it down and I will look into it.

Cheers,
PSEWAR
Last edited by psewar on Mon, 20. Jan 14, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

psewar

Post by psewar » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:25

Oh and what I forgot to mention:

If you experience bugs, please describe the problem and perhaps provide a savegame, so that I can test with it.

Also if you have feature wishes just state them here, if I have time I might add them in a future release. ;)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:29

Ability to remove staff from ships would be nice until theres an official in game method - Stopped engineers spring to mind.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:48

YorrickVander wrote:Ability to remove staff from ships would be nice until theres an official in game method - Stopped engineers spring to mind.
<destroy_object object="$ship.engineer"/> is not InGame enough? ;) (or stopping their Scripts and removing them from the Platform may be enough, too ^^)

PS applying xml-diff files to savegames (with msel suppport)? ^^
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 13:12

Heh wonderfully in-game uni, I'd meant 'official' as in 'as implemented by ES in a patch' but it's all good. Misunderstandings in forum posts are easy as pi/pie. I didn't mean to undervalue your tool either, just that not every player is comfortable using such things, whereas a right-click to remove on a gui is much more non-techie friendly :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 17:59

Ships assigned to stations are not correct. I have some ships that are assigned to different stations
if u need a save i will send.

psewar

Post by psewar » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 22:48

@YorrickVander: Removing Staff shouldn't be much of a problem. Currently I'm working on adding staff, so can look into that also. ;)

@steganox: Yeah please provide a savegame and a little description which station have the wrong ships and where those ships should be assigned correctly. I have 13 Stations in my save and all ships are assigned correctly, so I'm happy to get hands on one where it does not match.

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 12:42

thanks i send Pm with links

is possible,in player owned tab , to have ship in alphabetical order ? :)

psewar

Post by psewar » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 00:22

So a new Update which solves the wrong assignment of the ships to the stations.
Ships are now sorted in alphabetical order (and second by type).
And adds an experimental feature to remove npcs from ships.
(It tries to delete also scripts running for this npc, but there might be other things which are not getting deleted and could screw up your save)

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 15:25

Hi tanks for upgrade.

it seems that "add gravidar" does not work well. in some ships reloading the save gravidar disappears

test with my save, the feldhem for example.

if I add <gravidar/> after </ shields> with notepad+ ,works well

psewar

Post by psewar » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 23:30

Ok, Gravidar is now added at the same position like it would be on a normal ship. I hope that fixes this bug. :)
New Version uploaded and under the same link in the first post available.

GAM
x3

Post by GAM » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 05:45

Thanks for taking on this program. Have been looking out for an update from the original author for some time. ;-)

New features are welcomed and seem to be working very nicely... especially ship 'build queue'--doesn't seem to wreck the shipyard now.

Bugs?:
1. I notice 'money' doesn't work (for me, at least). Only changes the info for the save file, not the actual player money/account.

2. Not sure about this but I thought previous version (original editor) changed the NPC type when changed from the drop-down. This doesn't seem to work now.

Wishes:
1. Alpha ship sort is an improvement but I've been wishing for 'sort by' and maybe even 'filter by' on ships. Difficult to manage when you have a ten's of ships.

2. Rename ships is a great idea but the naming convention doesn't suit my existing system. Any chance of be able to modify this for myself?

3. Add/remove NPCs on both ships and stations. (haven't tested the new feature yet but notice it only applies to 'ships'. (I have hundreds of NPCs on my stations now from another mod. I'd like to reduce the numbers).
3b. Any way to show or select only 'player owned' NPCs on stations?

4. Keyboard shortcuts for Load and Save i.e., Ctrl+L, Ctrl+S... and maybe Alt-key combos for other things too, like buttons and fields. ;-)

5. More but cannot think of them just now.

6. Any chance of a text report output or such? I've developed an empire and it is getting difficult to manage.

NOTE: Just idle wishes, very grateful for what you have provided. :-) Thank you!

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 16:52

remove ship does not work. Refering to Skunk as if im about ti delite it.

psewar

Post by psewar » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 21:56

@GAM:
The money change is a bug I'm currently fixing.
But the NPCs change the Type for me when I select a different one from the drop down list?

For the whishes:
1. Should be possible, will look into it when I'm done with the other things.
2. What convention would you like to see?
3. Possible
4. I'll probably not add it, as I don't see a win by adding this, despite it needs quit some work.
5. ;)
6. What kind of report did you have in mind?

@Bareus: I'll look into it

psewar

Post by psewar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 00:20

Ok uploaded a new version.
- Money Adjustment Bug fixed.
- Remove ship bug fixed
- Added Filter to ShipList. Just type into the box and it filter the ship for the text entered

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 22:19

is there a way to make complete station, or single step?
I have a station with one production module, the architect in the construction plans have all of them completed. I should have 6 modules production

psewar

Post by psewar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 22:42

As long as everything is there and just some properties are set wrong it might be possible.
But if I have to add the whole xml for all the missing components it'll probably get to complex for a "simple" editor.

Is this station already in the save game you sent me, or in another?
If it's in another, then please send me a link to download it.
In both cases please describe which station it is, then I'll have a look into it to see whats wrong with it.

As a workaround I could perhaps implement a removal function for stations.
But this means that I also have to remove the Constructor as it will be rendered useless if I delete the station it is building. (Had to do that too in my save as station was bugged).
But at least like that you get the construction point back to build a functioning station there. ;)

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 23:23

I guess it is not easy.

delete a station would be helpful. I have a station with no more ship building

psewar

Post by psewar » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 00:40

Ok I'll look into station deletion then.

An other update went online with the possibility to add new npcs to ships.
This is very experimental at the moment, so make sure you have at least one backup before trying to add new npcs!

Please give me feedback if that feature works for you, as it was quit a challenge to implement it.
If it works for everyone I can remove the safety messagebox when clicking on the add button. :)

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 03:04

Has this been updated since 1.23? Adding credits and inventory to ships (eg drones) doesn't seem to work in the editor anymore..at least with the latest beta version. Maybe most people are not using the beta one so if not than its just a heads up :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”