How do you build illegal goods factories in race-owned sectors?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ryanpeterson
x4

How do you build illegal goods factories in race-owned sectors?

Post by ryanpeterson » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 21:36

New player here.

I've decided I want to get into the illegal goods business, and I just completed a Space Fuel Complex in Elena's Fortune after reading that other players said it was a cash cow. Only problem for me is that a Boron Missile Cruiser started attacking my brand new complex. Well I destroyed that cruiser and it's accompanying fighters when an Argon Centaur started attacking my complex. I see this is going to be a continual problem. Clearly I did something wrong here.

How do you build these illegal complexes in these sectors? How far away from the center do you build these stations?

Thanks for your help!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:00

You don't:

|Illegal products can only be manufactured in pirate or unknown sectors.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:08

Space fuel distilleries are illegal in all Commonwealth sectors. This includes Argon sectors, even though they run their own distilleries. Build them in Unknown, Pirate or Yaki sectors.

In order to find suitable sectors for other factories, check out the encyclopedia in the game. Under the races tab, you will find each faction and its banned wares. Factories which produce such wares are illegal as well.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:29

Does help to know which game you are playing.
Some sectors change ownership from game to game.

Averice,for example is owned by Teladi in AP.
In TC it was ownerless.
In Reunion you could buy it.

ryanpeterson
x4

Post by ryanpeterson » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 00:43

Thanks for the info. Perhaps all the posts about building Space Fuel factories in Elena's Fortune was for a different game. I'm playing X3: AP.

I thought I read that if you build a factory far from the center of the sector that you can get away with it because it is out of sensor range of the military/police ships. Any thoughts on this?

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 01:45

ryanpeterson wrote:Thanks for the info. Perhaps all the posts about building Space Fuel factories in Elena's Fortune was for a different game. I'm playing X3: AP.

I thought I read that if you build a factory far from the center of the sector that you can get away with it because it is out of sensor range of the military/police ships. Any thoughts on this?
I believe it was a theory that has since been disproven.

If you really want to sell illegal wares to commonwealth sectors, & can't/won't use CAGs & CLSs (from the bonus pack), you're basically looking at station traders or UTs.

I'd go with station traders (ships assigned to the station to buy or sell wares) assigned as sellers, using the fastest ship you can acquire that will carry the ware & enough jump-fuel for a return trip to you most likely market (note "can carry the ware" is not "can carry all the ware I can sell", just getting enough of it there to show a moderate profit should be enough, it's better than losing the cargo to police scans anyway).

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 05:39

In addition to the Unknown and Pirate sectors, you can also build them in Harmony of Perpetuity (the Goner sector North of Elysium of Light).

You're totally free to booze and weed it up in Goner space.

Don't build in Elysium of Light though, because it's a War sector.

Example complex.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 09:08

Seek a sector that's not too far from each race's sectors.
Once built,and noticed, you will have a constant stream of traffic to/from your complex.

I did that in Averice (TC), and the sector changed from having no traffic or other stations, to having a constant stream , plus a Pirate station.

My rep just kept going up....and the credits and trade rank too :-)

I must have been putting a certain pirate clan out of business,though, because at one point I had several attacks from unfriendly "Reds". lol

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 09:29

ryanpeterson wrote:Thanks for the info. Perhaps all the posts about building Space Fuel factories in Elena's Fortune was for a different game.
More than likely it was--in X2 Elena's Fortune was a pirate sector and thus a suitable place to build illegal goods.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 09:39

I don't thinkt the Terrans mind much of anything either...

ryanpeterson
x4

Post by ryanpeterson » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 22:12

Thank you for all the replies. I have built a Space Fuel Complex in Farnham's Legend just north of Elena's Fortune, and it is doing very well.

I have 5 Fuel Distilleries working, and they can't keep up with the demand!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”