(v3 - 01/01/2014)
Remember X-Rebirth ? No ? Well, it has a fantastic trailer (the first one), in which the narrator says, at the end, "where your actions truly matter". So be it ! Let's do that in X3 instead, where I feel my actions need to matter a bit more.
There are two main problems with achievements. Firstly, they are bound to your game, not to your character. That means that all the little goals you liked in your first game will never appear again. Secondly, achievements are never immersive. They spawn at the bottom right of your screen, and they don't have any real effects on the game.
X-Achievements try to do better than that
Update - it's now easier to find where your rewards are with X-GPS !
- Dynamic achievements. Although they are fixed (there are always 40 of them), their goals vary in number. Objectives are randomized in a way that two games are never exactly the same. For example, an achievement can demand 8 marines in your ship in a game, and 15 in another one. Or to have a Boron and Split police licenses in one, and Argon and Paranid in the other.
- Immersive achievements. To provide an immersive script, I had to make a secret group of watchers, "The Circle". They will reward you for every achievements and can influence pretty much everything. However, apart from credits, you will never receive magically wares and ships. You will have to go get them in a random chosen station. Rewards will await for a proper ship to be loaded into.
- You will always receive an incoming message when you complete an achievement.
- All achievements are retroactive ; therefore savegames compatible.
- One hotkey : one menu. Nothing to configure...
- ... but you can customize most of the achievements from the t file.
- Rewards are not customizable, and you won't see them before you complete the achievement. I find that more immersive and it fits better in "X".
- All achievements are bound to the ship you are currently piloting. The AI will never trigger them.
Copy the content of the archive into your AP ...x3tc\addon folder.
Regarding TC compatibility, I think it will only be partially compatible. There is one achievement that requires you to discover every headquarters and some of them have changed locations from TC to AP. I only play/mod AP, so I can't guarantee anything.
Please report any bug and spelling/grammatical mistakes.
You can do everything you want with this script.
- Version 3
- Anti cheating-temptation. Now you can deactivate/reactivate the script ; all your achievements are saved forever and you can't complete them more than once.
- "A Dark Moment" will now require you to destroy a type of station. This will avoid completing the achievement without your help (a specific station can be destroyed at any time).
- "A Proud Moment" is now racial. Meaning that it is linked to "A Dark Moment" : if you have to destroy a station from a specific race, you will never have to build a station of this same specific race.
- The sector of "Far Away" will never be known from the player.
- "Smuggler" and "Honest Merchant" are harder. From 100,000-200,000 to 2-4 million for the former, and from 1-2 million to 10-15 million credits for the latter.
- Initial release (21/12/2013)
... to all scripters who have helped me and answered to my questions
- Captain of Industry : Achieve trade rank X.
- Combat Pro : Achieve fight rank X.
- Smuggler : Have illegal wares onboard of a specific value.
- Honest Merchant : Have wares onboard of a specific value.
- Defenser of the Law : Have two police licenses from random races.
- A Proud Moment : Build the station X.
- Filthy Rich : Have X hundreds of thousands of credits.
- X-TREME : Achieve both ranks X-TREME.
- Gratitude : Achieve the highest reputation with a random race.
- Nemesis : Be hated by a random race.
- Profits Friend : Achieve the highest reputation with Teladis.
- Major Miner : Mine X units of Nividium.
- X-plorer : Discover X number of sectors.
- Bad Guys Killer : Kill X number of enemy fighters.
- Big Fish is Down : Destroy a specific type of M1 or M2.
- The Smaller One Too : Destroy a specific type of M6
- A Few Good Men : Have three high skilled marines.
- Greedy Capitalist : Own X stations.
- Fleet Leader : Own X ships.
- Brave General : Have X number of marines onboard.
- Powerful Admiral : Own X capital ships.
- A Dark Moment : Destroy a type of station.
- Size Matters : Equip your ship with a specific (big) gun.
- Under Attack! : Be in a ship targeted by X number of missiles.
- Well Protected : Be in a ship protected by X GJ of shield.
- Mobile Home : Buy a specific TM.
- Far Away : Discover a specific sector.
- Major Places : Discover all headquarters.
- The Beauty : See the Ozias, and admire it.
- Time is of the Essence : Reach 600 m/s.
- Crazy Trader : Own X shares at a specific Stock Exchange.
- Made for Bombs : Buy a specific M8.
- Serious Damage : Be in a ship whose hull has been severely damaged (in X %).
- Danger is Close : Be close to an hostile M1 while piloting a random type of fighter.
- A Gift from the Temple : Discover Elysium of Light.
- My Little Friends : Deploy X drones at the same time.
- Feel Suicidal : Go in the center of a Xenon sector in an unshielded M5.
- Completely Broke ? : Have 0 credits in your account.
- Kha'ak's Arsenal : Own X Kha'ak ships.
- Master of Communications : Deploy X satellites.
- Life Fulfilled : Complete all the achievements.
Unfortunately, for some of you, X-Achievements does not work at all, leading to a hang in the game, as soon as
you activate the script through AL menu. With the help of Mokunen, I've tried to understand the bug, but as I can't
reproduce it myself, I cannot solve it.