[SCRIPT] [X3AP] X-Achievements - [01/01/2014]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[SCRIPT] [X3AP] X-Achievements - [01/01/2014]

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 22:05

X-Achievements
(v3 - 01/01/2014)

---------------------------

[ external image ]

---------------------------

[ external image ] Description

Remember X-Rebirth ? No ? Well, it has a fantastic trailer (the first one), in which the narrator says, at the end, "where your actions truly matter". So be it ! Let's do that in X3 instead, where I feel my actions need to matter a bit more.

There are two main problems with achievements. Firstly, they are bound to your game, not to your character. That means that all the little goals you liked in your first game will never appear again. Secondly, achievements are never immersive. They spawn at the bottom right of your screen, and they don't have any real effects on the game.

X-Achievements try to do better than that :)

Update - it's now easier to find where your rewards are with X-GPS !

[ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] Features
  • Dynamic achievements. Although they are fixed (there are always 40 of them), their goals vary in number. Objectives are randomized in a way that two games are never exactly the same. For example, an achievement can demand 8 marines in your ship in a game, and 15 in another one. Or to have a Boron and Split police licenses in one, and Argon and Paranid in the other.
  • Immersive achievements. To provide an immersive script, I had to make a secret group of watchers, "The Circle". They will reward you for every achievements and can influence pretty much everything. However, apart from credits, you will never receive magically wares and ships. You will have to go get them in a random chosen station. Rewards will await for a proper ship to be loaded into.
  • You will always receive an incoming message when you complete an achievement.
  • All achievements are retroactive ; therefore savegames compatible.
  • One hotkey : one menu. Nothing to configure...
  • ... but you can customize most of the achievements from the t file.
  • Rewards are not customizable, and you won't see them before you complete the achievement. I find that more immersive and it fits better in "X".
  • All achievements are bound to the ship you are currently piloting. The AI will never trigger them.
[ external image ] Installation

Copy the content of the archive into your AP ...x3tc\addon folder.

Regarding TC compatibility, I think it will only be partially compatible. There is one achievement that requires you to discover every headquarters and some of them have changed locations from TC to AP. I only play/mod AP, so I can't guarantee anything.

Please report any bug and spelling/grammatical mistakes.

You can do everything you want with this script.

[ external image ] Changelog
  • Version 3
  • Anti cheating-temptation. Now you can deactivate/reactivate the script ; all your achievements are saved forever and you can't complete them more than once.
  • "A Dark Moment" will now require you to destroy a type of station. This will avoid completing the achievement without your help (a specific station can be destroyed at any time).
  • "A Proud Moment" is now racial. Meaning that it is linked to "A Dark Moment" : if you have to destroy a station from a specific race, you will never have to build a station of this same specific race.

Version 2
  • The sector of "Far Away" will never be known from the player.
  • "Smuggler" and "Honest Merchant" are harder. From 100,000-200,000 to 2-4 million for the former, and from 1-2 million to 10-15 million credits for the latter.

Version 1
  • Initial release (21/12/2013)
[ external image ] Technical
  • 7122-L044.xml
[ external image ] Thank you...

... to all scripters who have helped me and answered to my questions :)

[ external image ] Achievements (40)
  • Captain of Industry : Achieve trade rank X.
  • Combat Pro : Achieve fight rank X.
  • Smuggler : Have illegal wares onboard of a specific value.
  • Honest Merchant : Have wares onboard of a specific value.
  • Defenser of the Law : Have two police licenses from random races.
  • A Proud Moment : Build the station X.
  • Filthy Rich : Have X hundreds of thousands of credits.
  • X-TREME : Achieve both ranks X-TREME.
  • Gratitude : Achieve the highest reputation with a random race.
  • Nemesis : Be hated by a random race.
  • Profits Friend : Achieve the highest reputation with Teladis.
  • Major Miner : Mine X units of Nividium.
  • X-plorer : Discover X number of sectors.
  • Bad Guys Killer : Kill X number of enemy fighters.
  • Big Fish is Down : Destroy a specific type of M1 or M2.
  • The Smaller One Too : Destroy a specific type of M6
  • A Few Good Men : Have three high skilled marines.
  • Greedy Capitalist : Own X stations.
  • Fleet Leader : Own X ships.
  • Brave General : Have X number of marines onboard.
  • Powerful Admiral : Own X capital ships.
  • A Dark Moment : Destroy a type of station.
  • Size Matters : Equip your ship with a specific (big) gun.
  • Under Attack! : Be in a ship targeted by X number of missiles.
  • Well Protected : Be in a ship protected by X GJ of shield.
  • Mobile Home : Buy a specific TM.
  • Far Away : Discover a specific sector.
  • Major Places : Discover all headquarters.
  • The Beauty : See the Ozias, and admire it.
  • Time is of the Essence : Reach 600 m/s.
  • Crazy Trader : Own X shares at a specific Stock Exchange.
  • Made for Bombs : Buy a specific M8.
  • Serious Damage : Be in a ship whose hull has been severely damaged (in X %).
  • Danger is Close : Be close to an hostile M1 while piloting a random type of fighter.
  • A Gift from the Temple : Discover Elysium of Light.
  • My Little Friends : Deploy X drones at the same time.
  • Feel Suicidal : Go in the center of a Xenon sector in an unshielded M5.
  • Completely Broke ? : Have 0 credits in your account.
  • Kha'ak's Arsenal : Own X Kha'ak ships.
  • Master of Communications : Deploy X satellites.
  • Life Fulfilled : Complete all the achievements.
[ external image ] Known issue

Unfortunately, for some of you, X-Achievements does not work at all, leading to a hang in the game, as soon as
you activate the script through AL menu. With the help of Mokunen, I've tried to understand the bug, but as I can't
reproduce it myself, I cannot solve it.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Fri, 18. Jul 14, 00:08, edited 11 times in total.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 22:19

Works precisely as described! Thanks!

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 01:37

Nice, you really did it!

I have really little time to play lately, but I'll be sure to give it a try as soon as possible. Good job :thumb_up:

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 05:02

Nice concept! That was one thing I didn't so much like about playing modified or a second time. Are you considering an API to add support for integration with other mods or do you think it wouldn't be workable?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 09:05

Probably doable, but currently, I would like to play the game instead of modding it :)

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 09:43

:lol: I understand *exactly* what you mean.. A project for another time.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 10:19

Updated :
  • Version 2
  • The sector of "Far Away" will never be known from the player.
  • "Smuggler" and "Honest Merchant" are harder. From 100,000-200,000 to 2-4 million for the former, and from 1-2 million to 10-15 million credits for the latter.

Now when you start a new game, you should have more chances of having no unlocked achievements.

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

The AL plugin just hangs for me

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 17:49

When I activate the AL plugin on a fresh start, the game hangs.
When I activate it on an established game, it gives me two achievements (I think the ones for trading?) and then hangs. It's a hard hang, too. Can't alt+tab, can't move the mouse, have to ctrl-alt-del+task manager kill the game.

What now?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 10:54

That's strange, I've never had any problem with this script. I can't think of anything now, and I can't reproduce the bug.

I'll take a look, because I have to fix an other achievement, but right now, I have no idea...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 16:50

• Version 3
  • Anti cheating-temptation. Now you can deactivate/reactivate the script ; all your achievements are saved forever and you can't complete them more than once.
  • "A Dark Moment" will now require you to destroy a type of station. This will avoid completing the achievement without your help (a specific station can be destroyed at any time).
  • "A Proud Moment" is now racial. Meaning that it is linked to "A Dark Moment" : if you have to destroy a station from a specific race, you will never have to build a station of this same specific race.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: The AL plugin just hangs for me

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 08:53

Fnord Lightbringer wrote:When I activate the AL plugin on a fresh start, the game hangs.
When I activate it on an established game, it gives me two achievements (I think the ones for trading?) and then hangs. It's a hard hang, too. Can't alt+tab, can't move the mouse, have to ctrl-alt-del+task manager kill the game.

What now?
Are you playing TC or AP ?

Starhero
x3tc

Post by Starhero » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 05:26

I too am getting this hang, its more of a crash, last time this happened it was because I lacked a required library for a mod, and it was a bitch to hunt down let me tell you!

I am running AP...I wish to use the last greatest game Ego made, lets not talk about Rebirth for a while :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 09:57

That's strange.

Could you try to download all my lib, copy them into your addon\scripts folder and then try again ?

I've just checked, I don't think I forgot to include a file, but maybe I've missed something...

FYI, I didn't have a single crash in 30 hours.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 08:35

Hello!

I've tried this nice script in AP German (copied the t-file, copied it, changed filename to *49 and edited 44 to 49 inside the t-file ... which work fine normally).

But after I startet the script inside X3AP the games hungs up after some seconds :o

Thats very sad because your script sound very funny :(

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 08:37

Did you try it as is ? Without modifying anything ?

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 08:49

First I've translated the whole t-file (and renaming the copy as shown above).

After the game freezes I've tried your script vanilla and changed only 44 to 49 in t-file-filename and <language id="49">

Very strange ...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 08:57

And it's working or not ? I'm not sure to understand you ^^

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 09:03

English is not my native language - sorry :D

No - your script dont work - the game freezes after a few seconds after aktivating it in the AL. Regardeless which t-file (the fully translated or the minimal translated) I use.

But one question: you wrote the achievements are bound to the ship - not the player himself. Do this mean I've lost all my achievements after switching to another ship?? There are achievements where I've to fly a M5 - and some achievements afford a bigship :D - a little bit confusing :D

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 09:10

Read the last part of the sentence : "the AI will never trigger them". Of course, achievements are not bound to a ship, but to the current game. What I meant was if you send one of your M5 in a Xenon Sector to try the achievement "Feel suicidal", it won't work. The player must pilot the ship.

I will take a look into the (old) code of this script. Do you have any major scripts or mods installed ?

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 09:21

Ok - lets see:

- no major Mod - only 3 fakepatches (better komplex-center, bigger tradestations/equipment-docs, tuning-packets)
- several scripts of course :D
- Lucikes scriptes (quite the whole script-collection)
- Gazz Scriptes (MARS, docking-computer, landing,fix, beam-upgrade)

Not quite a "vanilla-game" :D ... but nothing very experimental among them

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”