[SCRIPT] [X3TC/AP] [XRM] - Explore Stations - [16/12/2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[SCRIPT] [X3TC/AP] [XRM] - Explore Stations - [16/12/2013]

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:10

Explore Stations
(v1.00 - 16/12/2013)

---------------------------

[ external image ]

---------------------------

[ external image ] Features
  • You have a chance of finding credits in each station of the universe.
  • Credits are found into safes. If you find a safe, then you must find the combination to open it. This combination can be found in one of the station of the same sector.
  • Safes can only be open if you have the combination. The game will simply consider if whether or not you have it (no need to memorize numbers).
  • The combination will be given to you after completing a random little mission. For example, some informers willing to give you informations in exchange for Space Weed.
  • One safe = one key.
  • Explored stations will be colored in gray and stations that contains a safe whose you know the combination in yellow (then in gray when open). This can be deactivated and customized in the t file.
  • This script adds one command into the ship's additional commands menu.
  • Stations contents are generated when you enable the script (AL Plugin) - off by default. Turning it off and on again will reset everything.
  • Various options are available in the t file.
  • This script has been designed as an alternative to traditional rookies activities. Therefore, you won't get very rich by exploring stations.
  • In case you hope this script has full 3D exceptional custom graphics, better than those of X-Rebirth.... no, it's full text, old-school.
[ external image ] Installation

Copy the content of the archive into your TC folder or your \addon folder if you play AP. I did not test this script with TC, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

XRM is mandatory. This script uses hackerchips because they are often looted by pirates and they are illegal. IMO you have too few reasons to transport illegal wares, so now you have one more :)

My english is not great, so please report any spelling/grammatical mistakes.

You can do everything you want with this script.

[ external image ] Changelog
  • 1.00 : Initial release (16/12/2013)
[ external image ] Technical
  • 7022-L044.xml
  • COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_22
Last edited by Joubarbe on Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:52, edited 2 times in total.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:21

Is there a possiblity that some bully will throw me out of the station if I get caught while trying to open some safe?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:24

Not currently. You will lose no reputation and have no chances of being caught.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:31

:) Hey, this was a joke, thank you for the script anyway, more missions always welcome, nice job.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:44

Well, I've really thought of making the possibility of getting caught. Fighters would appear in space, you would lose reputation, etc. But I don't have enough time to develop that, for now :)

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 00:32

Will I encounter the same 3-4 models of people in the stations telling me to "Be good, mind," and "“Nice talking… not!" as I steal from random lockers with nobody batting an eyelash?

Or is this a more menu-driven affair? A text adventure?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 00:54

:)

A good question to ask on the X-Rebirth forum, probably.

Yeah, well, I'm a modder, not a dev, not a member of Egosoft. So, currently, there is a limited amount of types of missions. My idea is to have a RPG-Script, with a full text-adventure, but that takes time. So .... one step at a time.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 05:02

In the Brainstorming Department: The mini-game used in the Xenon Graveyard mission of Shady Business is a modular plug-in that can be called from any MD or MSCI script. It is built into AP 3.0+ (and I could post the script for TC players).

The mini-game is designed to mimic hacking, and might be a good fit for your safe-cracking. Feel free to use it if you like. (Let me know if you need help integrating it into your script).

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 09:02

this is a great idea and I can see how it can be used as a basis for much further expansion and development...

if you had more time, or allowed someone with an interest to take it on, these could be the additional changes:
1. not just credits but weapons/wares
2. tunings/Pandora crates in the safe
3. the same formula can be used for other mission variants, such as use this password to speak to someone who will tell you about a secret prototype ship that can be found in sector x - and could be used in conjunction with Bullwinkle's ship spawner
4. Some of these safes can be an ambush
5. opening safes can invoke the local police's ire (as stated above)

these are just ones off the top of my head (and probably not too well thought out), but potential is huge with this...

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 00:54

Joubarbe wrote::)

A good question to ask on the X-Rebirth forum, probably.
Hah, that's exactly the experience I DON'T want, hence my question.

No, a little text adventure sounds just dandy to me... there don't even have to be adventures in all the stations. Just some flavor text - I get out, I nip over to the bar, I hear some rumors... "Hey, I heard some guy say he found Nividium in Getsu Fune, but got chased out by Xenon! Sucks to be him, right?"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”