[MOD] More Crew on Skunk ver 1.3 Dec 31 2014

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[MOD] More Crew on Skunk ver 1.3 Dec 31 2014

Post by euclid » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:19

MoreCrew 1.3 Dec 31 - 2014

Download

This mod addes more NPC positions to the Skunk's crew quarters allowing a total of 15 crew members in the back of the Skunk now.

Installation

As usual unzip the entire folder to your extensions folder. If you have an older version installed no need to do anything else.

Deinstallation

Dismiss (yes, you need to fire them) all crew members except the engineer at the stand right side. Save the game, exit, remove the folder from your extensions folder, start the game and load the saved game.

Warning

Once the mod is installed the positions of the NPCs in the Skunk's crew quarters will be stored in your saved games. So if you remove the mod and load a saved game then you may face crashes because the data in the saved game and the data read from the vanilla file are inconsistent.

Cheers Euclid
Last edited by euclid on Wed, 31. Dec 14, 20:28, edited 6 times in total.
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:25

Yeah ! Thanks !

Actually I was searching how to do that.. You've been faster :D

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:16

If you want to go on a binge and cap some fighters for defense then this will help, at 16-18k each for pilots that would be cheaper than drones..lol.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:31

awww Fantastic... I've been looking around for something like this. Just what I needed... thank you

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:53

Weird, originally I could only ever fit 4 in vanilla. This mod will help heaps.

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 01:21

yeah i think its counting in yisha and betty ^^

duncan idaho
x4

Post by duncan idaho » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 02:17

You should call it "More Punk In Your Skunk"

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 02:50

This mod messes up my crew deck on my skunk in my 1.19 savegame. I didn't start a new game. When I go back to the crew area, the graphics are messed up, like I'm falling through the floor over and over again.

I deleted the extension folder and it was better. REinsatlled it and it was back. Deinstalled it again and it was better again.

Can;t wait til you might be able to work this out as it is a needed adjustment.

Thanks

laminblake

Re: [MOD] More Crew on Skunk

Post by laminblake » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 03:35

euclid wrote:Hi all :)

This is part of the mod I'm using for testing. As you are aware the maximum number of slots for NPCs in the Skunk's crew quarter is limited to 6. I found that rather tight baring in mind that if you want to be ready for boarding you need an engineer,a defense officer ,a captain and a marine, leaving just 2 spots (no more engineer though).

This little modification allows 9 NPCs, one of them will sit at the table, another on the right if you enter the pantry, and one next to the engineer. You find some more comment on how to add even more in the XML file.

MoreCrew

Cheers Euclid
You Lawbreaker! the maximum occupancy of the Skunk is clearly 8, having more than that clearly violates ship code and you would be held criminally liable should anything happen to those crewmen!

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 03:48

laminblake wrote:
You Lawbreaker! the maximum occupancy of the Skunk is clearly 8, having more than that clearly violates ship code and you would be held criminally liable should anything happen to those crewmen!
Well, he is my hero... if he can get it working on 1.19 :lol:

Presidential Pardon

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:37

Very cool! Looking forward to trying it! but, umm... is this right? (\index\components.xml)

Code: Select all

<index>
 <entry name="interiors_rooms_playership_back" value="extensions\PimpMyRide\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back" />
</index>
is seems like it should read:

"extensions\MoreCrew\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back"

Shenzo
x4

Post by Shenzo » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:40

monze wrote:
laminblake wrote:
Well, he is my hero... if he can get it working on 1.19 :lol:

Presidential Pardon
This, I keep crashing on load if this is installed.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:36

Works great, but the filepath error I pointed out earlier does indeed cause problems.

So, for you guys having trouble with this, but don't want to wait for euclid to get back and fix it:

1) open the file: \extensions\MoreCrew\index\components.xml in notepad++ or your favorite editor.

2) Find the code I quoted above (which shouldn't be difficult, considering that it's the entire file except for the header and comment).

3) Where it says: value="extensions\PimpMyRide\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back", change it to read: value="extensions\MoreCrew\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back" -- so just change the bit in yellow to the other bit in yellow.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:57

Gracias, Vim Razz

Works perfectly
:)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 11:55

Vim Razz wrote:Very cool! Looking forward to trying it! but, umm... is this right? (\index\components.xml)

Code: Select all

<index>
 <entry name="interiors_rooms_playership_back" value="extensions\PimpMyRide\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back" />
</index>
is seems like it should read:

"extensions\MoreCrew\assets\interiors\rooms\interiors_rooms_playership_back"
Quite right. Thanks for spotting this flaw, Vim Razz. Uploaded corrected version.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 12:00

as i see this you replace the Skunk Interior xml, but i wonder why you dont use the patch method? this would increase compatibility significant ;) (the same probably applies to PMS)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 13:04

I have been able to carry two engineers on the Skunk (one for the Skunk - the first one hired typically) and a second one - you just recruit them to work elsewhere.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 14:10

UniTrader wrote:as i see this you replace the Skunk Interior xml, but i wonder why you dont use the patch method? this would increase compatibility significant ;) (the same probably applies to PMS)
I saw a similar remark on the Nexus. It's simple: I do not like error messages. :p

Cheers Euclid

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:04

well, then do the research instead of botching :D :P

here how to fix these errors wif diff files: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4290586 ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:36

UniTrader wrote:well, then do the research instead of botching :D :P
Since you went AWOL someone has to do the testing :p
UniTrader wrote: here how to fix these errors wif diff files: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4290586 ;)
Nice find, keep it coming. Next please: lua UI editing :D

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”