[Mods] Silly little Projects/hacks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[Mods] Silly little Projects/hacks

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:26

Everything here is under WTFPL and i request that everyone obeys all the conditions of this License!
  • ok, lets start with replacing Yisha with a Teladi! :D (only Model and no Animations or correct pose, sry) [ external image ] (collection of my old stuff)
  • second a short proof-of-concept - removing the Skunk from the Repairdock-stype platforms so it doesnt obstruct the View ;) (some errors in debuglog remain, but this was quickly put together so i dont care)
    [ external image ](collection of my older Stuff)
    NOTE: with this you can only undock with [Return] - [5] - [5] since i had to remove the exit door, too.
  • Add Jeb to the CP of the Skunk as Bobblehead (although without bobble - sorry)

[ external image ](collection of my older Stuff)
  • Enable XL AND L Ships to dock at XL Docks
    [ external image ]
  • Overtune the Booster of the Skunk so much that you can use it for scouting the System and have a closer look at the Background Objects (also removes their emitted Atmosphere so you dont blow up when getting close)
    [ external image ]
  • Skunk Pivot Fix: as some of you may have noticed the Pivot point of the Skunk is in the front of the CP, not as expected in the center of the Ship. This little Mod changes this.
    [ external image ]
    NOTE: this one is Savegame-incompatible, - neither adding nor removing is possible.
    (xsl file to generate this anew from Game Files is also included in case of changes to the Skunk)
further fun / silly things i do when bored here to follow :D

everything should be savegame-save except stated otherwise. save="false"-parameter is always set in the content.xml.
Last edited by UniTrader on Sun, 28. Dec 14, 02:15, edited 11 times in total.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 22:12

I'm still hoping for this one.

[ external image ]
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 22:40

What do you have against the teacher Yisha?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

cmdShepard

Post by cmdShepard » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:12

put a tali'zorah helmet on yisha (that helmet is nicer than her regular head :lol: )

aerojet029
x4

Post by aerojet029 » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 02:12

where's my chewbacca, and my millennium falcon, and my carbonite casing... oh wait

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 04:40

aerojet029 wrote:where's my chewbacca, and my millennium falcon, and my carbonite casing... oh wait
I fragging want chewbacca sti XD

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 05:27

jocan2003 wrote:
aerojet029 wrote:where's my chewbacca, and my millennium falcon, and my carbonite casing... oh wait
I fragging want chewbacca sti XD
Without import/export tools there is currently no way to do that.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 06:19

Oh i know i was only voicing my wishes :) i can wait for any length of time, i just hope it gets done when tools are available :D

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 06:38

jocan2003 wrote:Oh i know i was only voicing my wishes :) i can wait for any length of time, i just hope it gets done when tools are available :D
I´m sure people still have a cimplete Chewi model available thats ready and waiting for import :D

I also would like to see Scrat as my new copilot ^^

[ external image ]

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 19:16

Update: added the micro-Mod to enable L Ships to dock at XL Docks, in case you ordered too many L Ships and still want to equip some of them ;) (building L Ships in XL Docks would be possible. too - just add them to the builder ;) - but thats not something i will do here)

Aditionally i have updated the Links in the first Post, the older Projects now point to the collection of my older stuff if someone still wants to use it as reference ^^

And one more: my sneaked Jeb in CP Mod now got official mention and Topic ;)

feel free to do whatever you want with that ^^

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 20:05

added another Hack :D (ok, created it a while ago, but forgot to add it to this List)

NEW: Overtune the Booster of the Skunk so much that you can use it for scouting the System and have a closer look at the Background Objects (also removes their emitted Atmosphere so you dont blow up when getting close)
[ external image ]

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 01:24

Picture links are broken :(
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 00:33

will fix soon™ - description should be enough, these Mods are not that Serious anyway ^^

and have something new (which may be a bit more serious):
NEW: Skunk Pivot Fix
=> as some of you may have noticed the Pivot point of the Skunk is in the front of the CP, not as expected in the center of the Ship. This little Mod changes this.
[ external image ]
NOTE: this one is Savegame-incompatible, - neither adding nor removing is possible.
(xsl file to generate anew from Game Files is also included in case of changes to the Skunk)

balogt
x3

Post by balogt » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 09:04

Say Uni I noticed when I go to a mechanic and change the cockpit configuration that the cockpit ends up central but back in the cargo bay. making it hard to see :) is there a way you could make it go to the correct x,y,z when changing cockpits.

or just tell me where to change the x,y,z entires

thanks
balog

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 31. Jan 15, 14:40

already aware of that. didnt find a way for an automated fix, though.. (and i tried many things with even only a remote chance of success)

only way i found to fix this was an Save-Edit, here a more detailed description:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /364255600
(just experimented with Steam Workshop a bit, but because of limitations regarding individualizing stuff for the Users i wont make much use of it... )

balogt
x3

Post by balogt » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 02:15

the save fix works. ill poke around the player files and see if there is set of values that the game uses when you reset stuff. granted if you didn't find it I don't think I will.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 02:35

the basic problem is that the CP is placed at the Pivot of the Skunk, no matter where the Connection in the Component is placed. and since the Model of the Skunk cannt be unloaded it has no chance fix itself after a while.. (and even if: when its a diffrent CP from the one in the beginning it will default to 0/0/0 for some reason instead of its intended Position defined by the connection)

already tried this:
-> offsetting the CP parts instead of the CP itself (HUD didnt work as intended anymore)
-> changing position of the Part with the <warp/> command (command incompatible with data/object type)
-> changing the connection to space instead of all other connections in the skunk (no success, iirc it had no effect)
-> <patch_macro/> (didnt fix this, just added other problems)
-> diffrent combinations of offsets - both in the macro and component

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”